Stayed here over New Years 2013/14 for 7 nights with my girl friend. Overall, was a pleasant experience. We did not have any major issues with the place. My review of this hotel is highly influenced by the nightly rate, which was very cheap considering what you get.
We stayed in a standard deluxe room, with two beds. Room was clean and spacious. We did our own housekeeping due to traveller's paranoia, but our housekeeper was very friendly when we ran into her outside and got fresh towels when reuired. Sleep quality was fine for us, but I must say that rooms neared to the elevators must be annoying, as they are quite noisy.
Service was good, both at check in and out. We did not use any other services. For those wondering, there is a Disneyworld shuttle bus, but only at selected times. I've uploaded the times while we were staying there. The only downside is there is no late shuttle bus back, so if you want to stay for the fireworks, you'll have to cab it back, which is about $40 - $50. The service is free though, so can't complain too much, but this impacted our disneyworld experience.
On the upside, location was great when visiting Universal Studios. Only a quick10-20 minute walk, which meant you can take your time at the parks. However, we found it really hard to find good food places within walking distance. TGIF is terrible and expensive at dinner time (never went to breakfast). We found a Hooters, McDonalds and some other restaurants but ended up eating at the theme parks most nights instead which was expensive again.
Overall recommendation - great place to stay for visiting Universal Studios, but would recommend staying closer to Disneyworld if that is where you're staying the majority of your stay for more convinence and better food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn & Suites across from Universal Orlando is located in the heart of Central Florida's exciting attractions, convention and shopping area. Visit our recently renovated hotel just across the street from the Universal Orlando Resort. Our property features a variety of room types to fit any traveler's needs from Deluxe Guest Rooms with two double beds or a king size bed, and spacious One or Two-Bedroom Suites with nicely equipped kitchenette including microwave and refrigerator. Must be at least 21 to stay. Fabulous amenities to enhance your visit to Orlando such as Game Room, Gift Shop, Guest Laundry Facilities and Valet Service, Fitness Center, Business Center, Outdoor Heated Pool and Kids Splash Zone and the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk with discount attraction tickets to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, and SeaWorld. Complimentary Limited Scheduled transportation to Universal Orlando and SeaWorld. Transportation to Walt Disney World also available. Shuttle transportation schedule subject to change seasonally, service provided through the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk, advance reservations required. TGI Friday's Restaurant on-property serving Breakfast Buffet, Lunch and Dinner, Bar offers Happy Hour daily. TGI Friday's also serving room service. Banquet/Meeting facilities feature 13,000 sq. ft. of flexible function space including 6,500 square foot ballroom and 8 break out rooms. Our experienced team will make your stay or event with us special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Southall Travel, Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn & Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn And Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn & Suites Across From Universal Orlando Florida