To start, the location was Perfect to me. It's directly across from the entrance to Universal which seems like a short walk but either pay $5 (plus gratuity of course) for a cab or drive. You will not feel like walking back once you've enjoyed the park and it is quite a hump! The Hotel was great. I was in a 2 BR suite which was Very spacious and both bedrooms had a separate shower/sink. The room was clean, a little wear on the shower curtain but I wasn't turned off; again it was Clean! Staff was friendly on every encounter and I used the front desk quite a bit. Elevators were quick and the wait was never too long, hallways were clean, not too noisy which really can't be controlled when you're in a kid friendly environment. The breakfast at TGI Fridays was buffet style and nothing fancy. There was fruit, eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, oatmeal, grits, toast, assorted cereals...that kind of stuff and it was good. I was there on 2 separate mornings and the wait staff was friendly both times. The stay was overall good, some Very minor things not worth mentioning but nothing I can complain about. You can't beat the rates for the space. I would definitely stay here again!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn & Suites across from Universal Orlando is located in the heart of Central Florida's exciting attractions, convention and shopping area. Visit our recently renovated hotel just across the street from the Universal Orlando Resort. Our property features a variety of room types to fit any traveler's needs from Deluxe Guest Rooms with two double beds or a king size bed, and spacious One or Two-Bedroom Suites with nicely equipped kitchenette including microwave and refrigerator. Must be at least 21 to stay. Fabulous amenities to enhance your visit to Orlando such as Game Room, Gift Shop, Guest Laundry Facilities and Valet Service, Fitness Center, Business Center, Outdoor Heated Pool and Kids Splash Zone and the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk with discount attraction tickets to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, and SeaWorld. Complimentary Limited Scheduled transportation to Universal Orlando and SeaWorld. Transportation to Walt Disney World also available. Shuttle transportation schedule subject to change seasonally, service provided through the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk, advance reservations required. TGI Friday's Restaurant on-property serving Breakfast Buffet, Lunch and Dinner, Bar offers Happy Hour daily. TGI Friday's also serving room service. Banquet/Meeting facilities feature 13,000 sq. ft. of flexible function space including 6,500 square foot ballroom and 8 break out rooms. Our experienced team will make your stay or event with us special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn And Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando
- Holiday Inn & Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn & Suites Across From Universal Orlando Florida