As family of four we stayed for 4 night in early March 2014 in a one bedroom suite. The staff were exceptional friendly and helpful. With two teens we were mostly heading to Universal theme park which is a very pleasant 15 minute walk away. We took the shuttle he first day, but there really isn't any need. We also walked back to the CityWalk for dinner one evening though we chose a cab ($5) back to the hotel at night.
We had one Disney day and we were especially grateful to the Concierge desk that encouraged us to get to the Magic Kingdom mid day and to stay until nighttime. The electric light parade, the light show on the castle and the fireworks were fantastic and made that day worth while. We took the free shuttle there (leaves promptly at noon) and returned by cab ($45). To get a cab back from Disney, take the monorail to the Contemporary Hotel and the valet there will get you a cab right away. We stayed for the 10pm fireworks and got back to our hotel around11:30pm, so it was very quick way back and much faster then driving and parking.
We rented a car for our stay, but really that wasn't necessary though it did allow us to get to Agave Azul, a great Mexican restaurant above a mile down the road (probably a $5 cab ride).
We mostly used it when some of us took a day trip to the Kennedy Space Center which is a bout 1.5 hours away (they liked it).
All in all: great value, great location and friendly staff make this a perfect choice for visiting Universal. Unless you can pay for the on site resorts (that I explored and do look nice and fancy) I would suggest this hotel and a great alternative.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn & Suites across from Universal Orlando is located in the heart of Central Florida's exciting attractions, convention and shopping area. Visit our recently renovated hotel just across the street from the Universal Orlando Resort. Our property features a variety of room types to fit any traveler's needs from Deluxe Guest Rooms with two double beds or a king size bed, and spacious One or Two-Bedroom Suites with nicely equipped kitchenette including microwave and refrigerator. Must be at least 21 to stay. Fabulous amenities to enhance your visit to Orlando such as Game Room, Gift Shop, Guest Laundry Facilities and Valet Service, Fitness Center, Business Center, Outdoor Heated Pool and Kids Splash Zone and the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk with discount attraction tickets to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, and SeaWorld. Complimentary Limited Scheduled transportation to Universal Orlando and SeaWorld. Transportation to Walt Disney World also available. Shuttle transportation schedule subject to change seasonally, service provided through the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk, advance reservations required. TGI Friday's Restaurant on-property serving Breakfast Buffet, Lunch and Dinner, Bar offers Happy Hour daily. TGI Friday's also serving room service. Banquet/Meeting facilities feature 13,000 sq. ft. of flexible function space including 6,500 square foot ballroom and 8 break out rooms. Our experienced team will make your stay or event with us special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn & Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn And Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn & Suites Across From Universal Orlando Florida