My partner and I booked this hotel primarily because of the value for money it offered. We stayed for 14 nights. The service was good, the staff were keen to help. The little gift shop had lots of things in case you forget anything. The TGI Fridays attached did a lovely room service which always arrived quickly, although I wouldn't recommend breakfast there, esp with Denny's and Ihop just a short drive. Also request an up to date menu for the room service as the one provided was out of date and the new one had more options.
The laundry room was a nice touch, although throughout our stay more and more of the equipment became broken, it started off with just the change machine and by the time we left three of the washers, two dryers, the change machine and the washing liquid machine were all broken (I didn't break them I promise!).
The location is brilliant, a short walk to Universal- although we just got a car, cost $5 each way. It didn't take us long to drive to any of the Disney or Seaworld parks either. As it's not in international drive it's a little quieter too. McDonalds just down the road was handy as was the Walmart- filled up our fridge with cola and cheese dip.
Ultimately it is a Holiday Inn, a brand we know from home. Our expectations were more than met at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn & Suites across from Universal Orlando is located in the heart of Central Florida's exciting attractions, convention and shopping area. Visit our recently renovated hotel just across the street from the Universal Orlando Resort. Our property features a variety of room types to fit any traveler's needs from Deluxe Guest Rooms with two double beds or a king size bed, and spacious One or Two-Bedroom Suites with nicely equipped kitchenette including microwave and refrigerator. Must be at least 21 to stay. Fabulous amenities to enhance your visit to Orlando such as Game Room, Gift Shop, Guest Laundry Facilities and Valet Service, Fitness Center, Business Center, Outdoor Heated Pool and Kids Splash Zone and the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk with discount attraction tickets to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, and SeaWorld. Complimentary Limited Scheduled transportation to Universal Orlando and SeaWorld. Transportation to Walt Disney World also available. Shuttle transportation schedule subject to change seasonally, service provided through the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk, advance reservations required. TGI Friday's Restaurant on-property serving Breakfast Buffet, Lunch and Dinner, Bar offers Happy Hour daily. TGI Friday's also serving room service. Banquet/Meeting facilities feature 13,000 sq. ft. of flexible function space including 6,500 square foot ballroom and 8 break out rooms. Our experienced team will make your stay or event with us special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn & Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn And Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn & Suites Across From Universal Orlando Florida