I am at present staying at Holiday Inn Universal. I have to say that my overall view of the hotel is determined by the quality of the staff here.
Before we arrived, because I had read reviews saying that the internet connection was poor, I emailed the hotel to ask them to please ensure that we had a room with a good internet connection as my husband needed to work from the room. Almost immediately I got a response saying that they would make doubly sure that the connection in the room allocated to us was effective.
A couple of days later, another member of staff picked up on this and also responded to me with similar comments.
We arrived after a five hour delay from London, tired and weary and the first face we saw in reception was Yamill. Friendly, warm, helpful and obliging, a real asset to the Holiday Inn brand.
And it didn't stop there! Every single member of staff that we have passed in the hotel corridors, in the lifts and everywhere around the place was friendly and polite.
Your customer service is superb and you have really got it right.
We stayed 6 months ago in the Hilton suites in Boca Raton where it was a totally different story. The staff there were disinterested and at times rude.
The only downside to this place is the pool area, which doesn't have enough beds, though the pool itself is a perfect temperature and clean.
Thank you Holiday Inn for a fabulous room, the upgrade, and a wonderful stay. We will most definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn & Suites across from Universal Orlando is located in the heart of Central Florida's exciting attractions, convention and shopping area. Visit our recently renovated hotel just across the street from the Universal Orlando Resort. Our property features a variety of room types to fit any traveler's needs from Deluxe Guest Rooms with two double beds or a king size bed, and spacious One or Two-Bedroom Suites with nicely equipped kitchenette including microwave and refrigerator. Must be at least 21 to stay. Fabulous amenities to enhance your visit to Orlando such as Game Room, Gift Shop, Guest Laundry Facilities and Valet Service, Fitness Center, Business Center, Outdoor Heated Pool and Kids Splash Zone and the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk with discount attraction tickets to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, and SeaWorld. Complimentary Limited Scheduled transportation to Universal Orlando and SeaWorld. Transportation to Walt Disney World also available. Shuttle transportation schedule subject to change seasonally, service provided through the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk, advance reservations required. TGI Friday's Restaurant on-property serving Breakfast Buffet, Lunch and Dinner, Bar offers Happy Hour daily. TGI Friday's also serving room service. Banquet/Meeting facilities feature 13,000 sq. ft. of flexible function space including 6,500 square foot ballroom and 8 break out rooms. Our experienced team will make your stay or event with us special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, TravelUp, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn & Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn And Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn & Suites Across From Universal Orlando Florida