“The staff are amazing!”

Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando
Ranked #171 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I am at present staying at Holiday Inn Universal. I have to say that my overall view of the hotel is determined by the quality of the staff here.
Before we arrived, because I had read reviews saying that the internet connection was poor, I emailed the hotel to ask them to please ensure that we had a room with a good internet connection as my husband needed to work from the room. Almost immediately I got a response saying that they would make doubly sure that the connection in the room allocated to us was effective.

A couple of days later, another member of staff picked up on this and also responded to me with similar comments.

We arrived after a five hour delay from London, tired and weary and the first face we saw in reception was Yamill. Friendly, warm, helpful and obliging, a real asset to the Holiday Inn brand.
And it didn't stop there! Every single member of staff that we have passed in the hotel corridors, in the lifts and everywhere around the place was friendly and polite.

Your customer service is superb and you have really got it right.

We stayed 6 months ago in the Hilton suites in Boca Raton where it was a totally different story. The staff there were disinterested and at times rude.

The only downside to this place is the pool area, which doesn't have enough beds, though the pool itself is a perfect temperature and clean.

Thank you Holiday Inn for a fabulous room, the upgrade, and a wonderful stay. We will most definitely return.

Room Tip: We were located over the car parking area which wasn't a problem at all. You can't go wrong...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank newballgirl
D_Hall_Operations, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

We appreciate your kind words towards our location, friendly staff, and amenities at the Fresh, Fun, and Affordable Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando®. We are looking forward to seeing you again during your next visit to the Orlando area.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,166)

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel because it was a chain I've stayed at before and it was close to universal studios. Hotels was as i would expect from holiday inn but with the added bonus of free wifi. This worked perfectly well in our room. Hotel offers free use of a safe which you access from behind reception . Room was clean and a good size. Only downside for me was the breakfast. I was looking forward to having tgi fridays next to the hotel but it's breakfast were average at best. No complaints about the lunch menu's though. I really do recommend this hotel for universals. We visited every day which took us about 15-20 minutes. If you look across the road from the hotel you'll see a large car park which is universals. We soon realised that once you negotiated your way across the 8 lane road at the crossing,you can enter the car park and use the escalators and moving walkways to save your legs. All in all was a great few days and would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank lee w
D_Hall_Operations, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you for the review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Fresh, Fun, and Affordable Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando®. We look forward to having you stay with us again next time you are in the Orlando area.

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night arriving at 11 pm after a large day at Disney World. The room was better than good, it was big, comfortable and very good looking. I would say 9 out of 10, taking that little point because of some old gadgets at the bathroom. Now then, service was not very good. Just when arrived the girl that checked as in, delayed 15 minutes to do so because she was arguing with another guest. Once she finished, we could enter our room. Next morning, we proceed to take our breakfast at the next TGI Fridays, and when finished, they told us it wasn't included...of course it was, so I have to argue with the hotel and they gave me breakfast Ticket. Service: 4/10. In conclusion, I would go again because it smells and looks very good, however mine service experience was not good.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank federicos309

Thank you for taking the time to share information about your recent stay experience with us. We are extremely saddened to hear that we did not exceed your expectations of service. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as this will help us review areas of continuous improvement opportunities. We are grateful to hear that you would stay with us again, and we intend to show you the high level of service you have come to expect from us during your next visit.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

My partner and I booked this hotel primarily because of the value for money it offered. We stayed for 14 nights. The service was good, the staff were keen to help. The little gift shop had lots of things in case you forget anything. The TGI Fridays attached did a lovely room service which always arrived quickly, although I wouldn't recommend breakfast there, esp with Denny's and Ihop just a short drive. Also request an up to date menu for the room service as the one provided was out of date and the new one had more options.
The laundry room was a nice touch, although throughout our stay more and more of the equipment became broken, it started off with just the change machine and by the time we left three of the washers, two dryers, the change machine and the washing liquid machine were all broken (I didn't break them I promise!).
The location is brilliant, a short walk to Universal- although we just got a car, cost $5 each way. It didn't take us long to drive to any of the Disney or Seaworld parks either. As it's not in international drive it's a little quieter too. McDonalds just down the road was handy as was the Walmart- filled up our fridge with cola and cheese dip.
Ultimately it is a Holiday Inn, a brand we know from home. Our expectations were more than met at this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room service menu.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nly_uk

We are pleased we exceeded your expectations, as making positive memorable stay experiences is what we do the best. You have discovered that we offer the perfect place to stay for visiting Universal, or any of the other fun Orlando attractions. Looking forward to serve you again.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

really like the service. the only problem was the wifi was so weak you can't use it most of the time. My wife and I both had to work while here. So we went down the street to McDonalds. but location is very handy.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for writing about your recent stay experience at the Fresh, Fun, and Affordable Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando®. We invite you to visit us again next time your travels take you to the Orlando area.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

As a former resident of Orlando for 25 years, I am aware that the hotels in the attraction areas are generally filled to the brim with the ubiquitous tourists. I attended a convention nearby, but chose to not stay at the host hotel. Since I had a satisfactory stay at this same property a month ago, I decided to stay again. The front desk staff is courteous, friendly and efficient. Both times, I received an upgrade to a suite, which helped with the noise of children (and partying adults) playing and talking loudly in the hallway (and as a business traveler of many years, I always find myself wondering if these casual travelers slam their doors at home, too!). I opted this time to order room service from the adjoining restaurant (TGI Fridays) and received my meal very quickly. It was very good. Upon checkout, I met Ms. Brenda Liz, who was just delightful, as was the gentleman who checked me in! I have never encountered anything but good old fashioned hospitality at this h. I won't hotel. I won't hesitate to stay again in the future!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank KarenEnglish_13

Thank you so much for sharing the great experience you had while staying with us at the Fresh, Fun, and Affordable Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando®. We hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed for 10 nights here and had an excellent stay. On arrival we were allocated a smoking room, which as a non-smoking family was not pleasant as the room smelled strongly of smoke. One of us popped down to reception where they were incredibly helpful and helped us to change room immediately. The rooms are very spacious and clean. Although the rooms have recently been painted in contemporary colours with contemporary bedding, the rooms still feel a little dated as the walls and ceiling are either woodchip or artex. The beds are very comfy and the room has everything you need including ironing board, iron, tea and coffee, microwave and fridge, flatscreen tv and hairdryer. Towels and drinks were replenished every day. The location is great and close to all major attractions. A little bit noisy in regard to being able to hear next door and doors slamming, but because there is so much to do in Orlando, you're so tired that the noise doesn't have too much effect! Really excellent value.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SW40
D_Hall_Operations, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for posting such great review. We are thrilled to learn your time with us was splendid, and we invite you back soon!