2,400 results
All reviews tgi fridays kirkman road minute walk stayed at the holiday inn kids eat free free shuttle upgraded to a suite golden corral breakfast buffet city walk one bedroom suite universal orlando two double beds full size fridge international drive shuttle service gift shop
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

The location was very convenient to everything. The hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful especially Mrs. Mercedes. The game room was a lot of fun and clean. A perfect place for the kids to play and I would recommend it to all of my friends. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The laundry facility was helpful for the 5 days we stayed.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Fordham24
D_Hall_Operations, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to write and share such a wonderful review at the Fresh, Fun, and Affordable Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando®. We look forward to seeing you again soon next time your travels take you to the Orlando area.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I booked our trip through Universal and was SO disappointed with the hotel! When we checked in the said we were in a smoking room with 2 doubles. I told them that wasn't an option due to an allergy and the receptionist said she was sorry that there was no other rooms available. I said it was unacceptable and began dialing the Universal vacations number and she suddenly said to hang on...the manager walked out of a side room and said "go ahead and change her." So suddenly- there was a non smoking room available. OBVIOUSLY- they had no hesitation lying to me previously. They blamed it on booking through Universal. We got stuck in 2 doubles- not what we had in mind for our romantic getaway without the kids. There were no towels when we arrived. The room wouldn't cool below 74 degrees for the first 24 hours. I was just SO BUMMED with the whole experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank momofbestthree

Please accept my apology for the disappointment of your stay. We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations and for the problems you incurred during your stay with us. We have missed the level of defined experience that our guests have come to expect from us. I wish to discuss this matter further with you, might I ask you to contact me at the hotel during your earliest convenience.
David A Hall

Reviewed 15 May 2014

When I was going to take a shower in the morning I found a woman's lingerie on my shower curtain. Called the front desk and was asked to talk to the manager, I did not have time because I had to leave early. The manager sent me an email about the complaint and you know the rest of the story .... Anyway, the hotel has a free shuttle bus to Universal Orlando (I don't know whether they have buses to other amusement park or not, I believe they have). If you want to you can walk to Universal Orlando (which I always did). The way the bus works is you have to go to the Universal Orlando by the bus so you can come back to the hotel by the bus. The bus fills quickly so book a seat the night before. There is a TGIF restaurant next to the hotel.

They also have a self-service laundry room. There is a soap dispenser and a bill changer also.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor rooms. But if you take the room on the ground floor it is closer to do the laundry.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your feedback and thank you for choosing to stay with us this time while visiting the Orlando area. Please accept our sincere apologies that we missed an article of clothing from a previous guest. We hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed here last week. Great location for Universal Studios. Not for walking there though. 5 mins in the car.
TGi's on site which is handy. Beds are fantastic and choice of pillows is great. Best nights sleep at any hotels for years!
Rooms only have 5 coat hangers which is rubbish. 9 sun beds round the pool which is pathetic for the size of the hotel. I did tell them this on check out and they said thanks for the feedback.
Free wifi which was great for keeping the phone bill down.
Would recommend a stay here but we would stay elsewhere as like a change on every visit to Florida.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TheBoyoz

Thank you for taking the time to write your review for our future guests to read. We are happy that you enjoyed your accommodations and our staff at the Fresh, Fun, and Affordable Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando®.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Could not fault the hotel at all. We arrived 6 hours late due to a delay at Gatwick with Thomson. Receptionist told us that we had 2 reservations, one for five nights and one for fourteen nights. After that was sorted out we got to our room and found that it was a smoking room, we had asked for non smoking. The receptionist apologised and asked if we could stay in the room for 1 night as there were no rooms available. Good to her word we were upgraded to a suite on the 9th floor the following morning. We were near the lifts, so you could hear them going up/down but we were so knackered it didn't make that much difference to sleep quality.Room was clean and facilities were good. Air Conditioning in rooms also good. We used the guest Laundry facility a couple of times (had no dirty washing when we got back except for the travelling clothes). Both Washing machines and dryers were $2 in quarters. (Washing took 27 minutes, dryer about 45 minutes). Pool area was clean and comfortable although we only used this once. Location of Hotel is perfect for those who are concentrating on universal as its only about a 10-15 minute walk and there are crossings to cross the busy kirkman road. There is an trolley/Lynx stop outside the hotel where you can get to international drive and outlet malls easily.

Room Tip: If you are a very light sleeper ask to be clear of the lifts
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John L

Thanks for writing the great feedback from your recent stay at the Fresh, Fun, and Affordable Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando®. We are pleased you have discovered we offer the perfect place to stay for visiting Universal, or any of the other fun Orlando attractions. We invite you back to stay with us again next time you are in the Orlando area.