2,376 results
All reviewstgi fridayskirkman roadminute walkstayed at the holiday innkids eat freefree shuttleupgraded to a suitegolden corralbreakfast buffetcity walkone bedroom suiteuniversal orlandotwo double bedsfull size fridgeinternational driveshuttle servicegift shop
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

We've just returned after a 2 week stay; 4 adults & 2 kids (5&7).
Cannot rate this hotel enough.
Upgraded to a suite on arrival, staff are always extremely friendly & helpful, rooms cleaned daily.
Only a 10/15 minute walk to Universal. Once over Kirkman Rd the walk is pleasant too.
Alternatively, there's a free shuttle bus (didn't use) or a taxi is only $5.
We walked over & taxi'd back to save the kids legs (& ours!) after a day at the parks.
Quick to drive to I4 or international drive too, nice central location.
TGI's is great for dinner & reasonably priced too. Kids eat free was a bonus :)
Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: May 2014
7  Thank MimmyPanda
D_Hall_Operations, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

We are delighted that you had a great stay with us. We are pleased you have found TGI Fridays to offer great food and amazing drinks at our location, just down a hallway from our main lobby. We do offer the perfect place for accommodations while visiting Universal Orlando, or any of the other fun Orlando attractions. We invite you back the next time you are in the Orlando area.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Here I am 5AM and to find out not only does this location not offer early AM coffee service but their front desk directed me to a starbucks at another hotel. WOW.

If they were not so cheap with their in room coffee this would be overlooked but when you wake up, there should be no reason why after paying over $250 for a suite you could not get a decent cup of coffee.

We are an IHG member and are disappointed in this hotel so far after our first night. the room does not have a real thermostat so you will spend every few hours in the night fiddling with this slide that has no numbers to even guestimate the room temperature. We went from hot to freezing many times last night and that is the reason I am up at 5 looking for coffee.

The rooms are decent size, parking spaces are too tight to be able to open your doors without hitting the vehicle next to yours and I was fortunate enough to run into a very angry raccoon in the parking lot this AM. He was probably cranky as well due to the lack of coffee. Lucky for him, he had a steady temperature so I cannot understand why he is more angry than I am right now.

We normally stay at the Holiday Inn at Lake Buena Vista and they are much better than this hotel. At least next door there is a gas station that offers fresh coffee and food 24 hours a day.

Oh, I asked what time the coffee would be available at this location. 7AM I was told. How nice of them to wait that long before you can have the AM jolt.

I am sound jaded and bitter right now but it is because I am drinking a watered down version of a form of coffee beverage their flimsy machine spit out into this disposable cup that I had to use two packs of condiments (you know those pre-packaged stirrer, sugar and creamer packages) too get this warm water to resemble something close to coffee.

You would think that for what they are charging, you would get a little better accommodations but I will have to seriously think about switching to the Marriott rewards program since this hotel has made a weekend getaway a sleepless, frustrating time that I want to end quickly.

Room Tip: If you are set on Holiday Inn, go to the one here: 13351 State Road 535, Orlando, FL 32821. This has been revamped over the past 12 years and I am kicking myself for not going back to this one.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank shannons658

We appreciate hearing from our guests and are extremely sorry that your stay was less than perfect. We are so disappointed to read that it didn't meet your expectations. We take pride in our service and strive to reach perfection so your experience was certainly the exception and not normal. We remain hopeful you will allow us another opportunity to rebuild your trust.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stayed 6 nights at this hotel in april-may 2014.
It is close to Universal Studios (15 mins walk).
I recommend walking to USF instead of taking the hotel's shuttle because your going to get there at the same time.
Staff is friendly, rooms are large and clean, they have a swimming pool outside and tickets counters with some deals to Universal and Disney parks.
For breakfast I recommend to ask about the all-you-can-eat buffet at Golden Coral (7 mins walk).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ciprian1985

Thank you for your kind words! We’re pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Fresh, Fun, and Affordable Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando®, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to our area.

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

The location was very convenient to everything. The hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful especially Mrs. Mercedes. The game room was a lot of fun and clean. A perfect place for the kids to play and I would recommend it to all of my friends. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The laundry facility was helpful for the 5 days we stayed.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Fordham24
D_Hall_Operations, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to write and share such a wonderful review at the Fresh, Fun, and Affordable Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando®. We look forward to seeing you again soon next time your travels take you to the Orlando area.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I booked our trip through Universal and was SO disappointed with the hotel! When we checked in the said we were in a smoking room with 2 doubles. I told them that wasn't an option due to an allergy and the receptionist said she was sorry that there was no other rooms available. I said it was unacceptable and began dialing the Universal vacations number and she suddenly said to hang on...the manager walked out of a side room and said "go ahead and change her." So suddenly- there was a non smoking room available. OBVIOUSLY- they had no hesitation lying to me previously. They blamed it on booking through Universal. We got stuck in 2 doubles- not what we had in mind for our romantic getaway without the kids. There were no towels when we arrived. The room wouldn't cool below 74 degrees for the first 24 hours. I was just SO BUMMED with the whole experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank momofbestthree

Please accept my apology for the disappointment of your stay. We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations and for the problems you incurred during your stay with us. We have missed the level of defined experience that our guests have come to expect from us. I wish to discuss this matter further with you, might I ask you to contact me at the hotel during your earliest convenience.
David A Hall