We stayed on the 10th floor in a two bedroom suite. It was clean and tidy and although the bathrooms were dated they were very adequate. The beds were lovely and comfy and it was very quiet, we didn't hear any outside noise at all. It is within walking distance of Universal, we walked quite a few times. If you do get a taxi, we often walked there and got a taxi back, it's about $5. The shuttle to Disney left at 7.20am or 9.50am which was fine, but it didn't pick you up until 8pm or 10.30pm, which we found was too late. It is then quite a trek to get back via buses!
Going back to the hotel, I used the laundry room twice and found it very useful. $2 for wash and $2 for use of a large dryer! Reception staff were friendly and helpful. We managed to get a safety deposit box on the second day for the rest of our stay, but I don't think there are enough for every room, so this could be a problem at busy times. The pool was lovely, although there aren't many loungers, so wasn't always able to sunbathe. We would definitely stay again, the two bedroom suites are enormous!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn & Suites across from Universal Orlando is located in the heart of Central Florida's exciting attractions, convention and shopping area. Visit our recently renovated hotel just across the street from the Universal Orlando Resort. Our property features a variety of room types to fit any traveler's needs from Deluxe Guest Rooms with two double beds or a king size bed, and spacious One or Two-Bedroom Suites with nicely equipped kitchenette including microwave and refrigerator. Must be at least 21 to stay. Fabulous amenities to enhance your visit to Orlando such as Game Room, Gift Shop, Guest Laundry Facilities and Valet Service, Fitness Center, Business Center, Outdoor Heated Pool and Kids Splash Zone and the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk with discount attraction tickets to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, and SeaWorld. Complimentary Limited Scheduled transportation to Universal Orlando and SeaWorld. Transportation to Walt Disney World also available. Shuttle transportation schedule subject to change seasonally, service provided through the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk, advance reservations required. TGI Friday's Restaurant on-property serving Breakfast Buffet, Lunch and Dinner, Bar offers Happy Hour daily. TGI Friday's also serving room service. Banquet/Meeting facilities feature 13,000 sq. ft. of flexible function space including 6,500 square foot ballroom and 8 break out rooms. Our experienced team will make your stay or event with us special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn & Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn And Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn & Suites Across From Universal Orlando Florida