This hotel is located across the street from the entrance to Universal Studios. We stayed here using reward points. We were here for two nights (Friday and Saturday) in June 2014. The hotel appeared to be completely booked but the staff handled it well.
The room was very basic and did not have a refrigerator. The internet was not working when we arrived around 4:00pm but was up and running when we returned from dinner.
I understand that there is a shuttle to Universal but we walked over to Citiwalk for dinner (walk is approx. 3/4 of a mile). There is no admission fee to Citiwalk and the options for dinner were nice (Margaritaville, Pat O'Briens, etc). Don't fall for the "Dinner and Movie" and "Dinner and Citiwalk" passes unless you are planning to go over for the "nightlife" at Citiwalk. The tickets were $24 each. When we presented them at Margaritaville for dinner we were given a special menu with very few selections. At the time we purchased the tickets (from the Concierge at the Holiday Inn) we were told that it included an entrée. As for the nightlife - unless you are planning on being there for the party scene after 9pm you do not need the ticket. The ticket could be exchanged for a wristband that allowed you to go into all of the bars for no cover charge.
Pool and Fitness Areas
The pool was filled with children and teens in the evenings - If you have children in your party they are sure to have lots of fun in the pool. The fitness area was what you would expect with treadmill, stationary bike, and TV. It also had medicine balls and floor/yoga mats.
Included in your stay and very generous. This area was very crowded with families and groups having breakfast before heading out to Universal or Disney. The staff handled the crowd well and kept everything stocked and clean.
Other helpful things...
There is a Wal-greens within two blocks of the hotel and several restaurants within the two to three blocks. We walked around the area at night and were very comfortable with the surroundings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn & Suites across from Universal Orlando is located in the heart of Central Florida's exciting attractions, convention and shopping area. Visit our recently renovated hotel just across the street from the Universal Orlando Resort. Our property features a variety of room types to fit any traveler's needs from Deluxe Guest Rooms with two double beds or a king size bed, and spacious One or Two-Bedroom Suites with nicely equipped kitchenette including microwave and refrigerator. Must be at least 21 to stay. Fabulous amenities to enhance your visit to Orlando such as Game Room, Gift Shop, Guest Laundry Facilities and Valet Service, Fitness Center, Business Center, Outdoor Heated Pool and Kids Splash Zone and the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk with discount attraction tickets to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, and SeaWorld. Complimentary Limited Scheduled transportation to Universal Orlando and SeaWorld. Transportation to Walt Disney World also available. Shuttle transportation schedule subject to change seasonally, service provided through the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk, advance reservations required. TGI Friday's Restaurant on-property serving Breakfast Buffet, Lunch and Dinner, Bar offers Happy Hour daily. TGI Friday's also serving room service. Banquet/Meeting facilities feature 13,000 sq. ft. of flexible function space including 6,500 square foot ballroom and 8 break out rooms. Our experienced team will make your stay or event with us special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn & Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn And Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn & Suites Across From Universal Orlando Florida