I have stayed at this hotel for the past 4 years and unfortunately the location is what keeps it going. I always stay in a one bedroom suite which is spacious, clean and quiet. The a/c is the quietest I have ever had in any hotel. Last year I was upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite as they ran out of 1 bedroom suites and my guests were so impressed. Very spacious and clean. The hotel has had a major water damage and the hallways especially near the elevators do smell. People staying in the regular rooms seem to have many problems with cleaniness and people were switching rooms left and right. They were sold out every night I was there and the front desk was overwhelmed with dissappointed quests. The pool area is nice with a kiddie pool and TGIF's food and bar service. But it is next the I-4 so there is traffic noise. The shuttle was fine with 3 morning depatures and 3 evening departures with 12 and 2 am Thur - Sat nights. You can walk over after carefully crossing I-4 and the walk is nice passing Hard Rock Hotel and takes about 15 - 20 minutes. I would only stay at this hotel with a suite and try to avoid any high times as they seem to overbook rooms (they said rooms decided to stay another night which caused shortage of rooms) but they took care of my room rate for the inconveniences and I hope they can improve the hotel in the coming years because the location cannot be beat for Universal Studios!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn & Suites across from Universal Orlando is located in the heart of Central Florida's exciting attractions, convention and shopping area. Visit our recently renovated hotel just across the street from the Universal Orlando Resort. Our property features a variety of room types to fit any traveler's needs from Deluxe Guest Rooms with two double beds or a king size bed, and spacious One or Two-Bedroom Suites with nicely equipped kitchenette including microwave and refrigerator. Must be at least 21 to stay. Fabulous amenities to enhance your visit to Orlando such as Game Room, Gift Shop, Guest Laundry Facilities and Valet Service, Fitness Center, Business Center, Outdoor Heated Pool and Kids Splash Zone and the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk with discount attraction tickets to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, and SeaWorld. Complimentary Limited Scheduled transportation to Universal Orlando and SeaWorld. Transportation to Walt Disney World also available. Shuttle transportation schedule subject to change seasonally, service provided through the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk, advance reservations required. TGI Friday's Restaurant on-property serving Breakfast Buffet, Lunch and Dinner, Bar offers Happy Hour daily. TGI Friday's also serving room service. Banquet/Meeting facilities feature 13,000 sq. ft. of flexible function space including 6,500 square foot ballroom and 8 break out rooms. Our experienced team will make your stay or event with us special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, IHG, Southall Travel, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn & Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn And Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn & Suites Across From Universal Orlando Florida