I writing this review because I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Universal about 5 different times and I would like to set the story straight. This hotel is for people on a budget and want to stay as close to Universal and IOA as possible without paying for the onsite resorts. Like many budget hotels around Disney and Universal, this hotel sees a great amount of traffic, and droves of kids. It is not unsual in these budget hotels to have broken ice makers, vending machines and wet carpet in the halls(mainly due to the pools and wet feet). The rooms I've always stayed in have been acceptable, just like any normal Holiday Inn, nothing fancy, pretty basic. The rate I usually get when traveling on business is about $79.00 a night, it is about $99.00 a night across the street at the Doubletree. To be honest, the Doubletree is not in the best shape either and is going through a renovation. If you stay at this Holiday Inn, I suggest staying in a suite here at the Holiday Inn, they are much nicer and if you are in the Priority Club, they usually upgrade you to the suite for free. If you want to great service, great food, good drinks then pay the $200-$300 a night and stay at the Hard Rock Hotel or Portofino Bay inside Universal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn & Suites across from Universal Orlando is located in the heart of Central Florida's exciting attractions, convention and shopping area. Visit our recently renovated hotel just across the street from the Universal Orlando Resort. Our property features a variety of room types to fit any traveler's needs from Deluxe Guest Rooms with two double beds or a king size bed, and spacious One or Two-Bedroom Suites with nicely equipped kitchenette including microwave and refrigerator. Must be at least 21 to stay. Fabulous amenities to enhance your visit to Orlando such as Game Room, Gift Shop, Guest Laundry Facilities and Valet Service, Fitness Center, Business Center, Outdoor Heated Pool and Kids Splash Zone and the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk with discount attraction tickets to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, and SeaWorld. Complimentary Limited Scheduled transportation to Universal Orlando and SeaWorld. Transportation to Walt Disney World also available. Shuttle transportation schedule subject to change seasonally, service provided through the Destination Universal Guest Services Desk, advance reservations required. TGI Friday's Restaurant on-property serving Breakfast Buffet, Lunch and Dinner, Bar offers Happy Hour daily. TGI Friday's also serving room service. Banquet/Meeting facilities feature 13,000 sq. ft. of flexible function space including 6,500 square foot ballroom and 8 break out rooms. Our experienced team will make your stay or event with us special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn & Suites Across from Universal Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn & Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn And Suites Main Gate To Universal Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn & Suites Across From Universal Orlando Florida