“#1-Rated Shopping Destination in Orlando? No Way.”
Review of World of Disney

World of Disney
Ranked #2 of 129 Shopping in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: "World Of Disney Store, in Disney Springs, is the largest Disney character store in Walt Disney World Resort-and on Earth!
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Disney's a great place, it really is. Downtown Disney is a lot of fun. And the World of Disney store is huge, has an incredible selection of Disney merchandise, and is the go-to store for Disney souvenirs.

But TripAdvisor's #1 shopping destination in all of Orlando? I can't imagine how.

Its worth including as a stop during a trip to Downtown Disney, but that's it. Expect to pay inflated Disney theme park prices for everything you buy. And be careful walking through the store....its full to overflowing with merchandise, often crowded with people, and there's always a plethora of unsupervised children running amok.

While it has its merits (if you are looking for a specific costume or Disney character item, I can almost guarantee they will have what you are looking for), I would much rather spend an hour or two at one of the Premium Outlet locations or the Florida Mall if seeking the best shopping experience that Orlando has to offer.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,821)
All reviews
in 69 reviews
"mickey"
in 39 reviews

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We were in Disney World in November and loved every second. We did the inclusive park and eating and really think that is the best way to go. I especially loved the Magic Kingdom. We can't wait to go back. They kept is so clean and everyone was really nice and cooperative. Loved it!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

My son in America invited me over there together with my brother ' both then in our mid seventies. We immediately thought that it was just a place for children to go to. However, we spent a few days there and were totally amazed and very pleasantly surprised. It was a holiday we will never forget and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank Monty210
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We were there in Nov 12 & we're going back Nov 13.......For Disney fans this is a Must Do.....You'll buy everything & more available from any of the parks shops here. & no wasting of your Park days shopping...more time for the rides....wonderful dining too ....Try booking T Rex for an out of this world adventure.....

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I could stay in this place for hours shopping for my husband, sons, friends, etc. but I went in here twice in search of a women's tank top and couldn't find anything decent. The women's section is divided into 3 parts: half of it is unisex, a third is pajamas and whatever's left is women's apparel. In contrast there was a nice section dedicated for men's apparel. Disney missed the mark on this one.