“Family of 14 Dinner - Great Atmosphere”
Review of T-Rex

T-Rex
Ranked #170 of 3,898 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Thankfully the food and atmosphere made up for the service. Of all 6 restaurants we ate at, this was the worst service we experienced. Seemed like he knew he was getting 18% because of party size and didn't care. (We gave more at every other place we ate). Disney Dining Plan was a life saver for this restaurant as we had 2 steaks and a kids hamburger and desserts (including that crazy chocolate/ice cream/dry ice concoction) which would have cost us well over $100.

Write a ReviewReviews (10,317)

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We eat here every year while visiting Downtown Disney. This year we were seated right outside of the Ice Cave so we had great views of the changing colors there as well as the meteor showers in the other part of the restaurant. The food is always good. I ordered the appetizer of nachos for my meal. It is enough for 2 people to make a meal of. It's a unique place and always one of our favorites.

1  Thank Traci L
Reviewed 23 November 2013

This restaurant would've rated a five star review had the server been a little bit more prompt in dealing with our issues. Salmon I had was wonderful as was my wife's quesadilla. The kid food, which you would expect to be good in a place like this, was excellent. The rotisserie chicken also rated very highly. In short, come for the dinosaurs, stay for the food.

Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Awesome place for kiddos. Lots to see and keep their attention.

Our server was kind of distracted and the restaurant was only about 60% full.

I think there were also some fake birthdays as there were dozens of them going on at once.

The food was average, but the bloody mary was delicious.

This is definitely a one timer restaurant.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

As a themed restaurant not bad visually pretty cool , good for kids and for photos. Staff are friendly . Food is good not fantastic but good just as it is on any other themed restaurant . Our waiter was pleasant but seemed to want to push the most expensive items on the menu I expect to pay more in these places but don't like to be pushed into making their choices . Then they let themselves down. We ordered nachos as a starter they didn't turn up but the main meals did which were nice filling and tasty, we enquired about the starters which then arrived halfway through the main meal with lots of apologies not a problem we all enjoyed the meal and the starter together. Oh our waiter who " will be looking after you tonight " lost interest after taking our order we didn't see him again till he gave our bill to the wrong table . My impression if they think you will be spending lots of money they will look after you.If you are not a big table or going to have three courses then expect to be ignored I expect it's something to do with the tip or am I to cynical ? We spent $115 now when we eat in the UK it normally costs that in £,s so bill wasn't bad but service was very poor. I always try to look on the positives but it really was only average. Service was shocking I did leave a tip as the food was ok but not the 18 to 21% they expected .