“POOR LOCATION,WORSE STAFF”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando-Ocoee East
Ranked #230 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I used my points to book this place because there was no availability closer to Disney,its location is really poor for any of the parks, and is in a rundown area of Orlando,lots of the buildings on the main street are boarded up or closed
,the reception area nice and clean , the two ladies on reception did not have name tags on them so i don't know there names, did not greet me as a IHG member, no free water was offered,(not that i care, but i stay in holiday inns most weeks) and that is a nice touch,
anyway , the room was a king on the 3rd floor, fairly nice room but stains on the carpet in the hallway and in the room, the chair had a tear in it, air conditioner very noisy, there was a microwave and a fridge in the room both worked good,
however the room generally was not very clean, the staff were very indifferant to the hotel guests i never heard them say to any guest in the three days we were there good morning or any greeting , the only staff member that did a great job was Karen in the dining room, who filled up the breakfast items very quickly and was very helpfull to the hordes of people in the dining room ,the other strange thing is the ice and soda mahines or only on every other floor
considering the hotel is not very old it generally is in poor state , needs cleaning properly top to bottom and all the staff need retraining,i would not stay there again , there are much better Holiday inns and other hotels around Orlando for the same price .

Room Tip: world plaza hotels
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando-Ocoee East, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear hotelguide1950,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We would like to apologize you were not satisfied with the location of our hotel and the service you received did not live up to your expectations. We also apologize for the room accommodations you had was less than satisfactory. We want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel was a good place because it was close to my work site, otherwise I would not have stayed in this location. It's close to all the eating locations, but not close to the outlet malls. The staff was nice, the room was ok.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 11 February 2014

This place is very dated. I got it via Hotwire which showed really great reviews. But the reality it is junk. For nearly the same price you can get something much better that doesn't have dirty sheets, dirty floors... I will not even try breakfast in the morning. I do not recommend this property.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Brunodeatlanta1
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando-Ocoee East, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Brunodeatlanta1,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I took my family there and enjoyed my stay. The staff was mostly friendly. They let me check in early and the breakfast was great. The pancakes were also good. Rooms were clean. I would return if I go back to Orlando.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This motel is a very well maintained property in a quiet location very convenient to both dining and shopping. Room was clean and comfortable. To call it a "suite" is a stretch, but I was not surprised. Breakfast was good. Only drawback was taking 15 minutes to check in. The young lady at the front desk was very efficient and pleasant but was harried and delayed by having to take care of telephone reservations, guest calls, and the like. Most HIEs at which I have stayed have two persons on duty at peak times to avoid this situation. The management here needs to add staff. Overall good place, would stay again and recommend.

Room Tip: Upper floors are more quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank James R
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I was looking for a cheap option and didn't want to stay at a Red Roof or so... this was the cheapest Holiday Inn I found at the time, its express meaning breakfast is included, I actually used the gym and the pool and I found them very good. Room was fine and staff also was. Thought its 20 minutos or so until Premium outlets, its still worth it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EdnaPinzon
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I stayed at this location for 1 night. When I checked in the manager thanked me for being a Platinum member. He proceeded to upgrade me to a room with a whirlpool without me even asking. (Perk of being a platinum member). He (think his name was Bal & Heather) at the front desk were both very pleasant. The price for the stay was very good as well $77.52 + tax. The room was clean and very quiet. The only thing that I would suggest for the ownership is to upgrade their internet as the wireless connection although the signal was strong was very very slow. I was away for business and the internet was pretty useless. I ended up using my own hot spot to get work finished.

Room Tip: Room 333 was nice.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Best Western Orlando West
#243 of 341 in Orlando
Florida Center
Hampton Inn Closest to Universal Orlando

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando-Ocoee East? Share your experiences!