Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando - International Drive
Ranked #114 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
nassau,bahamas
“Nice, clean hotel”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Had a 4 day stay here and it was pretty decent as one would expect from this chain. Good breakfast, crowded as normal because its free and had decent options. Great location, nice and quite despite being a bit full. All in all, no real complaints that would prevent another stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Ravenel, South Carolina
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Arrived Dec.5, 2013 for 4 nights. Check in was smooth, we were upgraded to a suite when I showed my priority card, the free breakfast was pretty good, what do expect when its free! our room was clean and the staff was very friendly. I am a travel agent and have sent my son to this hotel several times and he always came home with good reviews so I decided to check this hotel out for myself before sending my clients there. I will recommend this Holiday Inn Express to my clients.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Travelliketom
essex
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Stayed here mid November....had two rooms for my family of two couples...standard king and king leisure ..very nice, contemporary rooms. One faced the car park and the other faced the road/pool...both were quiet, no noise.
Hotel has limited facilities, outdoor pool, small work out/gym area...but we prefer that to 'all singing-all dancing hotels'....The hotel seemed to attract more couples than families, so that suited us, much quieter...
Complimentary breakfast was 'ok', if I am honest, it wasn't brilliant, but adequate for a quick light breakfast. we decided to eat out for two of the four days we were there. Ihop much better than the local Dennys.
Very good location for Universal Studios, less than ten minute drive if that....Wet 'n Wild is within walking distance.. Lots of restaurants near hotel, although its worth reviewing the restaurants before going in as some of the reviews were worrying. Had excellent meal at the nearby Brazillian Steakhouse, Café Mineiro, walking distance,best meal of the week. Also went into local TGI Fridays and had a very good meal there.
On the whole, I would definitely recommend the hotel for clients ( I am a travel agent) and would stay there again myself as it was clean, great location and lovely rooms. My only negative comment would be that when we checked out, although it was a very quick express check out, our room cards were taken and no one at the desk asked us if we had enjoyed our stay. This is something, as a travel agent, that I feel is essential for departing guests, so I was a little disappointed that no one bothered to ask. But this would still not put me off.

Room Tip: High floor...book a King Leisure room for more up to date room.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 11 December 2013

It is a very good hotel in a central location , close to stores and parks. The hotel is new, rooms are confortable and there is a very good breakfast served daily in the hotel lobby.
Internet is free.
I went there last year and I felt the quality of service decreased. It was hard to get my room cleaned - housekeeping did not show Up in the first day and the safe stopped working.
As this hotel is new i think it should be better managed.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
roswell
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We had a few problems here but it wasn't a terrible stay. The elevator was probably the most annoying cause it was soooo slow. Also, the key cards didnt work at first and the internet was spotty. The breakfast buffet was good enough, plenty of choices, biscuits and gravy being one of my favs. The only thing this hotel is missing is a bar/lounge but pretty conveinant to the parks. Front desk person told me it was 25 miles to Epcot, not sure what he was thinking as it was only 10. Shuttle picks up at Ecot at 6:30 and this seems quite early but at this time of the year we had finished the park by then so the shuttle would have been ok.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tboneroswell
Mary_Bonomo, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando - International Drive, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Orlando. I apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. We are aware that some guests are having issues with our Wifi, and for this reason we are in the process of having more wireless access points added to rectify the situation. Similarly, per the Holiday Inn Express brand standards, we are not able to offer a bar or lounge. This is something that sets the Holiday Inn full service brand apart from the Holiday Inn Express limited service brand. I do agree that offering that type of service would be nice and more convenient for our valued guests, but unfortunately at this time it is not possible to offer that.

Please understand that with our shuttle services we try to offer scheduled times that meet the needs of the majority of guests using this complimentary service. I do understand that some guests prefer to spend more time at the park; however we try to keep in mind those who do not plan to stay the entire day as well. I appreciate your feedback on this as well.

Once again, thank you for sharing your comments about the hotel. This helps us to identify areas of opportunity so that we can make necessary improvements to improve the satisfaction of our guests.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We had an excellent stay at this hotel. The check-in was very prompt. They have about 4 luggage trolleys where one use to move all the bags to our rooms. Internet access was available but it was very slow. Breakfast was excellent and it had a decent choice and enough places for people to sit and enjoy it. Its located on International drive and there are a few eating places nearby. There is I-ride trolley service available on International Drive to go to the Premium outlets and there are two of them on either ends. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Mary_Bonomo, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando - International Drive, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you so very much for taking time to share your most recent experience at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Orlando. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and the service you received. We are looking forward to your next visit to Orlando!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Location wise this place is great for Universal/Island of Adventures/Wet n Wild, it also has a TGI's conveniently located next to the hotel which is good for a quick breakfast buffet before your day at the parks, slightly discounted when staying at the hotel.
The hotel also lays on a free shuttle bus to the parks, leaving at four separate times between 8am-10am, tickets attained from the guest services desk.
Downsides to our stay were that we had to switch rooms due to the room above having a flood and the water dripped through the ceiling into the bathroom thankfully, then our new room the air con unit was quite loud and kept disturbing our rest.
Beds were comfy and the rooms quite spacious. They also allowed us a late check out at no extra cost. The staff were very prompt to rectify any problems we had and were always welcoming.
Another recommendation for dinner is Millers Alehouse just down the street next to the Double Tree hotel. Great food and service.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple