Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando - International Drive
Ranked #112 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Pleasant & Convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

This is a very good hotel in a central location,close to the attractions and Restaurants of International Drive. The hotel is quite new, and the rooms are comfortable and reasonably large. There is a very good free breakfast buffet served daily in the hotel lobby.
Wi-Fi Internet is also provided free of charge.
I stayed here last year and I felt the quality of service, and value for money had not diminished at all this year, however, my room was not cleaned until late afternoon, and on occasion I just told them not to bother, as I wanted to rest and didn't want the disturbance of someone being in the room at the same time as I was.
In general this is a good Hotel, and I would recommend it highly.
One slight problem is that for those who have not been there before, the Hotel is set back from the road, and is therefore not so easy to find. I would recommend that if you want to stay there, make sure you print out its location before you arrive in Orlando.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Paul H
Mary_Bonomo, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando - International Drive, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Paul H,

Thank you so very much for taking time to share your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Orlando International Drive. I appreciate your patronage to our property. Thank you for sharing your feedback about our housekeeping services. I will most definitely bring this point to our staff to ensure that we get these details straightened out. I hope that on your next visit to Orlando you will come visit us again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
CAGUAS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

Stayed there with my mother May 2013 for 3 nights, great service, rooms were gorgeous, clean, comfortable. the staff was customer service pros!!! Close to all activities in the area and transportation available to parks and attarctions. recommended 100%. 3rd Holiday Inn Express I have stayed in the past years. GREAT!!!!

Room Tip: Any room is great, get a high floor and you can see Universal Studios Harry Potter Building and extr...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Calgary
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

4 nights in late January.
Great first impression from staff, downhill from there. Not one "hello" or "goodbye" the rest of our trip and the event that completely ruined our stay was our final night...

This hotel can barely handle their continental breakfast crowd, and decided to accept a Wedding! Laughable I know, but worse is what this meant for the rest of the guests in the paper thin walls of the hotel. Heavy bass and techno music allowed to play without consequence until all hours of the night! We were on the 5th floor and still felt like we were in the center of the dance floor - just disgusting display for those with children, early mornings, or just the desire for some rest back at THEIR ROOM.

Terrible. There are plenty of hotels within 2 mins of this one for the same price or lower...avoid this nightmare. Sad what a little "volume monitoring/request" could've done here - but as all reviews, it takes one bad/terrible instance to destroy the whole stay.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank St H
Mary_Bonomo, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando - International Drive, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear St H,

I appreciate you taking time to share your recent experience from the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Orlando. Please keep in mind that when we have events at the hotel we have a very strictly enforced policy regarding music. Every event must have music turned off by 11 pm, and this was no exception for this weekend as well. I apologize if you and your family were looking to sleep earlier than that, because getting good quality sleep is important and I understand that.

I appreciate your feedback regarding the front desk and breakfast as well. Please keep in mind that we do use your comments to set up a curriculum for our training as well. Once again, thank you again for sharing your thoughts.
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

Great Location. We only stayed here for one night because we decided to go to Disney a day earlier than originally planned. Very clean. Friendly staff. Easy check in/out. Would stay here again for sure!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

It's proximity to Universal is its advantage . Clean room.
The size of their rooms are small. Breakfast was good. Loved the speed of the pancake maker!
Staff is friendly. However I was not impressed with their shuttle driver. He told us no food or drink on the bus and the very next day there was a lady on the bus with food and coffee in her hand and he allowed her to get on the bus. No explanation to that.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

Kimberly was a big help we are staying with this Hotel off and on for 2 Months and had a great experience and Kimberly made us feel like we were at a home. She goes above and beyond for her guests and the Hotel should be happy to have her.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Clint1980
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

Stayed here beginning of January '14. Overall the room was clean, bed comfortable and it was spacious. There were stains in the bathroom however which made it unappealing. There is an awfully strong chemical smell when you walk in the hotel as well and there always seems to be only 1 member of staff present.

We also had an unpleasant encounter during the night when there were people trying to get in to our room. Luckily the door was locked otherwise we would have had some unwelcome visitors. It was unpleasant because we could hear them trying to get in with the key and just keep on trying to force open the door. My husband told them the room was occupied and they said that our room had been allocated to them. After telling them they need to go back downstairs we didn't hear them come back. This is something I would expect of a cheap motel in a bad area - not holiday inn!! The next morning the staff were not apologetic and didn't seem to care.

Breakfast was terrible. Dry and stale food, soggy eggs, and an overpacked 'buffet' area which should cater for say, 12 people was packed with about 60. Coffee was awful and we couldn't wait to get out of there.

The rooms are nice - big, clean and comfortable bed with a nice TV but the breakfast is awful (all served on plastic plates).

Room Tip: Lock your door at night!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Mary_Bonomo, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando - International Drive, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Venus000,

Thank you for taking time to share your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Orlando. I do apologize for the less that satisfactory experience that you and your husband experience during your stay. I would also feel very uncomfortable and upset if I were to encounter this same situation. This is quite unacceptable, and I cannot apologize enough for the fact that we at the hotel were completely at fault for that awkward situation.

I appreciate you sharing your opinion about our breakfast. Please understand that our choice of food selection is based on Holiday Inn Express brand standards. To offer consistency among Holiday Inn Expresses, we are all mandated to offer the same foods, plates, and utensils. We are often polled about these things, and I am more than happy to share your remarks about our breakfast during the next survey regarding our guest opinion of the current breakfast standards.

Once again, I do thank you for taking time to share your recent experience and I do apologize for your bad experience. I can assure you that I have brought this to the attention of the front desk staff to ensure that this does not occur again.