“Excellent value for money!!”

Rodeway Inn near Florida Mall
Ranked #311 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Lebanon
“Excellent value for money!!”
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Due to the location(right on a busy Orange Blossom Trail) and modest external appearance this motel is not necessarily immediately appealing.The owner and GM Susan Alexander,is a lovely lady and does an excellent job with her property.I spoke to her prior to my arrival and selected a room which was upstairs and at the back,on the quiet side.Actually,there is no quiet side,but here's a little trick that I used,and keep in mind that I'm noise-sensitive:turned on the fan which acted as "white noise" and blocked out all the outside noise and resulted in sound sleep.I stayed 5 nights and the breakfast was just right for me:excellent coffee with blueberry muffins and coffee cake.Bus runs right by the motel to everywhere cheap and easy and at night I ate at the Mexican place next door,very nice indeed.Now,if you pay attention when you go into the lobby you will see the attention to detail that Susan has gone to,and then,in the room,nicely decorated and well lighted,nice bathroom and shower.Incidentally,I paid $40 per night,king room senior rate.You might not like this place or "get it",but that's okay,I don't care.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank CoachPaulbball

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Polish first
Lady Lake, Florida, United States
Reviewed 21 February 2013

We first booked the hotel on Booking.com after looking at the wonderful pictures and reading about the reviews review on their site and on Tripadvisors. However, we were soon reminded of the old addage of "don't believe everything on the internet" when we stayed at the hotel. When we checked into our room at 12 midnight, we were greeted by a lobby that was locked while the receptionist was on the phone. We had to stand outside of the lobby door, in freezing temp for the receptionist to get off the phone. When we were finally checked-in, and checked into our room, we were overwhelmed by a musky, old carpet smell with stains that was not like the picture at all! The lights to the bathroom was burned out and the furnishings were worn out and had stains. The worst part was that right outside of the door, a car alarm from one of the patrons went off 1 hour straight and disturbed all the other customers in the building. When we call the front desk, all we got was an attitude and a snarky quote of "Well, what do you want me to do. about it?" We left the hotel at 2 in the morning in frustration. Terrible accomodations, bad customer service, and a bad location hopefully is enough to let people know how terrible my experience has been. I hope you don't make the same mistake. Stay away from this place!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gee C

Travellers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Waynesboro, Virginia
Reviewed 18 January 2013

I recently stayed at the Rodeway when I had a very early flight out of Orlando and wanted to be close to the airport. This is an older hotel with exterior room entrances and not in the best part of town, but I booked it online and pre-paid to get an excellent rate. The staff was exceptionally helpful and friendly, quickly providing directions to the airport and a few places to grab dinner, even printing out a Google map for me. They don’t typically put out their little continental breakfast until 6:00 am and when I noted to her that I would be gone before that, she said she’d have coffee ready by 5:30. As it turns out, when I went by the office to check out at 5:30, the breakfast table was set up with muffins and the coffee was ready. That was a nice touch that went above and beyond what you’d get a most small hotels. Lastly, yet most importantly, I had a very important online meeting the evening that I stayed there and had noted this on my reservation. When I checked in, she provided me with a couple wireless options ensuring me that one in particular was more reliable than the others. Indeed, I was able to obtain my online connection with only one minor interruption in service. Overall, my experience was very good and I can’t say I felt unsafe but I am just not sure I would stay in that part of town again.

Room Tip: back of hotel - away from the road
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Gloria H
Mayfield Heights, Ohio
Reviewed 18 December 2012

Second stay at this Motel and I don't like Motels. Well maintained, clean and comfortable smaller room. The staff is pleasant and helpful, I had two lumpy pillows and they were replaced. Breakfast is slim, small muffins, oatmeal and coffee but it is not enough to take away from the good condition of this small motel and the price. I normally shop hotels on Hotwire.com but with all of the bad hotels in Orlando I use Kayak.com so that I can see the property, seeing this Motel listed closed the deal.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank chainboss
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 20 October 2012

This hotel is a steal. I was not expecting it to be so nice (sorry) because it is cheaper, but it is fantastic. I stayed for two nights, the room was small, but clean. The hotel desk clerk was very friendly, letting me check in an hour early was no problem. I stayed on the bottom floor, and there was a little noise from the road (It's right on Orange Blossom Trail, very convenient) but nothing that kept me up or woke me up. The TV was a old style but it worked fine. The bed was comfortable. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the bottom floor near the back, they are quieter. 108 or higher and you should...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank SilverFin88
Jacksonville
Reviewed 1 October 2012

The hotel was very nice considering its location. The hotel desk clerk had great customer service skills. I stayed for two nights, one on the bottom floor and 2nd night on the top floor. I will not recommend the 2nd level due to noise from the busy roadway in front of the hotel. Rooms are small but great for a short period of time. I recommend this hotel for travelers and I did not have any problems there. Also, I ate at this great taco stand next door. The roadway out front has numerous stores and food places to visit. Great location and great price from the Internet booking site.

Room Tip: Stay on the bottom floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank biglee31548
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 7 June 2012

My husband and I took our 3 yr old out to Disney for 3 days so we stayed here for 4 days. The hotel is only a 15 minute drive from the hotel It was very pleasant. The staff and service were great. Always friendly and helpful. Susan the general mgr was so nice, courteous and knowledgable . Donna at the desk was a delight. the room was so clean and the. Beds were very comfy. The bathrooms were very clean. The only thing I would change would be the TV. But with the free wifi made up for that. We will be staying there again.

• Stayed May 2012