“Just Nice”

Orlando World Center Marriott
Ranked #63 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My experience with my family was great. The entire staff was second-to-none and Teddy at checking was awesome making sure that my family of 5 had everything we needed. The kids really enjoyed the pool and the water slides. My wife enjoyed the Salsa classes by the pool giving me time to enjoy a nice frosty cocktail.

Room Tip: This hotel is big, the North Tower can be a bit far from the hotel restaurants/bar but if you like l...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Manny G
There are newer reviews for Orlando World Center Marriott

Reviewed 17 November 2013

First, I've been traveling to Orlando on business for the past 10 years. I stay with you all at every opportunity. You staff is second-to-none. As I can see - employee retention is high, your training program is excellent and your staff - to a person (I talk with many) genuinely wants this visit to be the best. Of special note over the past 7 years is Teresa Wilson in your Lobby Lounge. She has always remembered who I was, what I drank and especially - greeted me with a smile. Please let her know that I certainly appreciate her being there! I look forward to my next visit! David Stamm

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank BCF9009
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I read several reviews prior to our stay and I can say I have nothing but positive things to say. The resort is fully renovated, looks great very clean.

The service was fantastic, we had to switch rooms because we were in a handicap accessible room with a standup shower and my 5 year old will only take baths (would have been nice of the front desk to tell us the room type when checking in, but...). So I requested a room change and they gladly accommodated the request.

Very close to disney parks, all just a few min drive away which was perfect. The new pool is awesome, rivals any Ritz Carlton pool in the Caribbean I have been to.

The restaurant food was great and the valet parking was perfect. I read reviews about the valet parking taking too long, but if you follow the resort's request and call down 15 min ahead of departure the car is always there (of course I tipped the valets $5 whenever I arrived and whenever I left so that May have helped!)

Will stay here again!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank townie394
Alex P, Guest Care Coordinator at Orlando World Center Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

townie394, thank you for the review! We are glad you and your family had a great stay last month. We hope to see you all again soon.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Place was very dated. Services were limited. The beds were very uncomfortable. Going to Orlando on a family trip would like to experience the W.O.W. factor. Stayed there because of a convention. Would have liked better shuttle service in getting my kids to Universal. Do not trust putting them in a cab. Food was very good. Check in was efficient and quick considering the long line. Overall good place for convention.

Room Tip: Not sure as bed was very worn out and rollaway for teen was junk.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Dianne F
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This hotel is wonderful, it has never disappointed in any of our frequent stays. The pool is amazing, real water slides, a zero-entry pool for little kids, and waterfalls everywhere. It is HUGE! The restaurants all look and smell really good, we haven't had a chance to try them yet. Juan at the lobby bar is super, very sweet and makes a great drink! Shane, at the Consierge desk is awesome, he fixed all the errors in our reservation (thanks for nothing, Sylvia - you are the lone apathetic, unhelpful staff member in any of our visits to the World Center). Shane gave us a great room where we could see the Disney fireworks and had great suggestions for parking and getting around. It was 8 minutes from our parking lot to the parking lot of EPCOT, more convenient than many of the Disney hotels, and it couldn't have been easier to get on Disney property, even with the road closures associated with a half marathon! We will definitely be back!!! Oh, and I am really happy to see some different bathroom amenities. After years of staying with Marriott, it is nice to have a new shampoo/soap/lotion.

Room Tip: We like to see the Disney fireworks from our balcony, so we always ask for the view facing the Magic...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I've stayed here before and it consistently performs well each time. Nice rooms, terrific amenities, acceptable restaurants, very kid friendly, excellent golf course. Very helpful staff, clean, safe and lots to do but don't expect to be able to walk outside and get to anywhere. A bit of an isolated location, but who walks to amusements and entertainment areas. A bit pricey in the mid $200s/night. We would come back.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the pool area which at the same time sees the fireworks from the amusement pa...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MarkV709
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My name is Katrina DeSantis and I stayed there two weekends ago. I loved the stay, even though it was a short one. Teddy the front desk personal was one of the best employees I have seen. He knows how to make sure his guests feel welcome and help make the stay stress free. The hotel over all was a beautiful one as well as the pool space. Very happy I got to see the hotel and see how wonderful it is overall. I will be back for sure!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends