“A bit pricy for a Marriott”

Orlando World Center Marriott
Ranked #71 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
MIAMI
“A bit pricy for a Marriott”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I was here for a conference and found that the dining choices were quite expensive. I found that they should not charge for parking where you have to walk half a mile or wait for a shuttle to take you to the hotel. Also, there was construction going on which they never mentioned and was quite annoying when I wanted to rest in my room. I will say that housekeeping was very friend and helpful with open request. I also would say that the gym was excellent. I do like that the rooms have a balcony. I will not recommend to say here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,217)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights in november during a convention and enjoyed it. Very big hotel - to start with a bit confusion to find the room.
Quick check in/check out.
Big swimmingpools - and probabely surronded by a nice golf course.
Very good and proffesional service
You need your own car to go around in Orlando - but I guess that goes for most of the hotels

Coral Gables, Florida
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My experience with my family was great. The entire staff was second-to-none and Teddy at checking was awesome making sure that my family of 5 had everything we needed. The kids really enjoyed the pool and the water slides. My wife enjoyed the Salsa classes by the pool giving me time to enjoy a nice frosty cocktail.

Room Tip: This hotel is big, the North Tower can be a bit far from the hotel restaurants/bar but if you like l...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Manny G
Springfield, Virginia
Reviewed 17 November 2013

First, I've been traveling to Orlando on business for the past 10 years. I stay with you all at every opportunity. You staff is second-to-none. As I can see - employee retention is high, your training program is excellent and your staff - to a person (I talk with many) genuinely wants this visit to be the best. Of special note over the past 7 years is Teresa Wilson in your Lobby Lounge. She has always remembered who I was, what I drank and especially - greeted me with a smile. Please let her know that I certainly appreciate her being there! I look forward to my next visit! David Stamm

1 Thank BCF9009
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

I read several reviews prior to our stay and I can say I have nothing but positive things to say. The resort is fully renovated, looks great very clean.

The service was fantastic, we had to switch rooms because we were in a handicap accessible room with a standup shower and my 5 year old will only take baths (would have been nice of the front desk to tell us the room type when checking in, but...). So I requested a room change and they gladly accommodated the request.

Very close to disney parks, all just a few min drive away which was perfect. The new pool is awesome, rivals any Ritz Carlton pool in the Caribbean I have been to.

The restaurant food was great and the valet parking was perfect. I read reviews about the valet parking taking too long, but if you follow the resort's request and call down 15 min ahead of departure the car is always there (of course I tipped the valets $5 whenever I arrived and whenever I left so that May have helped!)

Will stay here again!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank townie394
Alex P, Guest Care Coordinator at Orlando World Center Marriott, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
townie394, thank you for the review! We are glad you and your family had a great stay last month. We hope to see you all again soon.
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Place was very dated. Services were limited. The beds were very uncomfortable. Going to Orlando on a family trip would like to experience the W.O.W. factor. Stayed there because of a convention. Would have liked better shuttle service in getting my kids to Universal. Do not trust putting them in a cab. Food was very good. Check in was efficient and quick considering the long line. Overall good place for convention.

Room Tip: Not sure as bed was very worn out and rollaway for teen was junk.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dianne F
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This hotel is wonderful, it has never disappointed in any of our frequent stays. The pool is amazing, real water slides, a zero-entry pool for little kids, and waterfalls everywhere. It is HUGE! The restaurants all look and smell really good, we haven't had a chance to try them yet. Juan at the lobby bar is super, very sweet and makes a great drink! Shane, at the Consierge desk is awesome, he fixed all the errors in our reservation (thanks for nothing, Sylvia - you are the lone apathetic, unhelpful staff member in any of our visits to the World Center). Shane gave us a great room where we could see the Disney fireworks and had great suggestions for parking and getting around. It was 8 minutes from our parking lot to the parking lot of EPCOT, more convenient than many of the Disney hotels, and it couldn't have been easier to get on Disney property, even with the road closures associated with a half marathon! We will definitely be back!!! Oh, and I am really happy to see some different bathroom amenities. After years of staying with Marriott, it is nice to have a new shampoo/soap/lotion.

Room Tip: We like to see the Disney fireworks from our balcony, so we always ask for the view facing the Magic...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple