This was a planned daddy/daughter weekend away for some fun in Orlando. We arrived at the hotel after 1am to find that our reserved room was not available. So we took a lesser room, and then moved into the room we had reserved the next morning. While the night manager Jeff was excellent, the follow-up was less than stellar. I had to call three times to finally get someone to make the room change. No upgrade for the trouble...just the same room we had reserved to start. After asking for some added value to compensate for the first night mix up, they offered us some Marriott Reward point...which was less than hoped for but better than nothing. The hotel is HUGE and well maintained. The pool is amazing. The water slides strangely open at 11am even on weekends when the hotel is full of families. This should be changed and the slides should open at 10am at the latest. Parking is a time hassle. Off site parking is $14 per day and includes a shuttle to the hotel. You end up waiting 10 minutes for the shuttle to arrive, 5 minutes to drive there, 5 minutes to find your car and and other 5 minutes to exit the property. Just to park your car takes 30 minutes..making it a real hassle to leave the property. I'm sure valet is easier...but with a hefty price tag as well. The people are very friendly and the service is good for a large hotel. The rooms are lovely. Definitely request a high floor with a pool view. You can see some of the theme parks in the evening, and the views are great. One day, after returning to our room from a long day, we received a knock at the door. it was room service with an ice cream sundae treat for my daughter and I complete with Haagen Daaz, whipped cream and toppings. Also included was a sand bucket filled with candy and cookies and a Mickey Mouse stuffed toy for my daughter. This was a gift from Jeff the night front desk manager with a note apologizing for the inconvenience on our arrival. This thoughtful gesture managed to turn my disappointment into satisfaction that my concerns had been heard and understood. This is why I will continue to go to Marriott hotels. Even when they make a mistake...they work to get it right. Kudos to Jeff and thank you for taking the extra step to make our stay special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Already one of the nation's most impressive hotels, Orlando World Center Marriott features the ultimate in comfort and style, just minutes from the city's hottest attractions, entertainment and dining options. And now, with refreshed suites, an all-new pool area, three water slides, a reconcepted on-site restaurant and more, our world gets better every day. Recently completed renovations at our hotel in Orlando, Florida include new Suites. In your accommodations, surround yourself with the comfort of island-like tranquility whether resting up after your event or catching up on some work. Starbucks(R) has been redesigned and expanded to resemble those found on neighborhood street corners across the country and features additional seating for networking. The Falls Pool has offers a refreshing new pool experience featuring an expanded pool deck and function lawn for poolside events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Splitty, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Orlando World Center Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Orlando World Center Resort And Convention Center
- Marriott Orlando World Center Hotel Orlando
- Orlando Marriott
- Orlando World Center Marriott Florida