“Rough Start...Good Finish”

Orlando World Center Marriott
Ranked #63 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 25 February 2014

This was a planned daddy/daughter weekend away for some fun in Orlando. We arrived at the hotel after 1am to find that our reserved room was not available. So we took a lesser room, and then moved into the room we had reserved the next morning. While the night manager Jeff was excellent, the follow-up was less than stellar. I had to call three times to finally get someone to make the room change. No upgrade for the trouble...just the same room we had reserved to start. After asking for some added value to compensate for the first night mix up, they offered us some Marriott Reward point...which was less than hoped for but better than nothing. The hotel is HUGE and well maintained. The pool is amazing. The water slides strangely open at 11am even on weekends when the hotel is full of families. This should be changed and the slides should open at 10am at the latest. Parking is a time hassle. Off site parking is $14 per day and includes a shuttle to the hotel. You end up waiting 10 minutes for the shuttle to arrive, 5 minutes to drive there, 5 minutes to find your car and and other 5 minutes to exit the property. Just to park your car takes 30 minutes..making it a real hassle to leave the property. I'm sure valet is easier...but with a hefty price tag as well. The people are very friendly and the service is good for a large hotel. The rooms are lovely. Definitely request a high floor with a pool view. You can see some of the theme parks in the evening, and the views are great. One day, after returning to our room from a long day, we received a knock at the door. it was room service with an ice cream sundae treat for my daughter and I complete with Haagen Daaz, whipped cream and toppings. Also included was a sand bucket filled with candy and cookies and a Mickey Mouse stuffed toy for my daughter. This was a gift from Jeff the night front desk manager with a note apologizing for the inconvenience on our arrival. This thoughtful gesture managed to turn my disappointment into satisfaction that my concerns had been heard and understood. This is why I will continue to go to Marriott hotels. Even when they make a mistake...they work to get it right. Kudos to Jeff and thank you for taking the extra step to make our stay special.

Room Tip: Choose a top floor with pool view
2  Thank GoodnessCo

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Just spent a 5 night with our family at Marriott World Center. We ended up there as a family vacation because of schedule changes due to canceled flights and snowstorms. The hotel caters to large convention groups which is not a surprise by the number of rooms. Although we weren't with a group, we never felt over run by the large numbers.
The hotel had everything we needed, many restaurant choices (Italian, Japanese Stake House, Sports Bar…all had kids menu). The pools were beautiful with 3 great water slides (kids had a blast). Poolside waiter service for drinks and lunch, the pool staff was very attentive.
We were able to have a drink at the lobby bar one evening and had a great experience with Mike the bartender on duty. He gave us several suggestions of dining options off property when we told him we were looking for Mexican food that night. He was great!
We played golf on the resort course twice during our stay. Hawks Landing is a great resort course that moved along very well. We played in 4 hours both days. Course was well maintained although they had a couple trouble spots on 3 of the greens (they did warn us prior to teeing off). Golf staff was also very attentive.
I would have given the hotel five stars except housekeeping forgot to clean our room one day, and started to clean it another and left without making one bed and didn't leave clean towels (they took the dirty ones) leaving us without towels. With one call and a little patience we had clean towels.
They also told us we would have complimentary bottles of water left in the room each day, we never got the water. I think housekeeping is use to a lot of turnover in the rooms…I felt like we weren't the norm for them.
Overall a fun relaxing week, I recommend staying here as an Orlando option from the Disney properties.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I stayed at the Marriott World Center for a conference.Everywhere I went, the staff was great.
I look forward to returning to the hotel in August.
Kriselle from High Velocity was exceptionally great. Superb customer service.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Alex P, Guest Care Coordinator at Orlando World Center Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Jennifer, thank you for posting a review! We cannot wait to see you again in August.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Thanks Michael Black for your most generous assistance! You came to the rescue when I needed to make a quick trip to the local pharmacy in need of some critical essentials for my stay at the JW. I hope one day, I get to repay you for going out of the way to help me out.

Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Everything in this hotel was expensive. The bed was really uncomfortable. I had to call housekeeping back twice on my first night after check in. The bathroom was dirty. While everyone was courteous, but the focus on detail was missing....maybe because the hotel itself is so large. I would not stay here again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Alex P, Guest Care Coordinator at Orlando World Center Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Chrissy, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I sincerely apologize that the attention to detail was missing during your stay regarding the room you were in. I hope you will give us opportunity to welcome you back the next time you are in the Orlando area.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stayed for Valentine weekend 2014. Property is huge,but doesn't have a conference hotel feel. Great fire pits surround the property and are great to have a drink and conversation.

Concierge - they need training. They were unable to answer ANY questions about the general area and made no attempts to find out in start contrast to the new hyatt/peabody who were excellent in responses. We eventually asked the bell men for advice and they were great, they knew everything. Maybe they need to trade places.

Pool area is large with a great kids area and tons of chairs with awesome cushions. Service at the pool is terrible. We ALWAYS had to go get someone to get service. The staff will serve the same 2 couples and never ask anyone If they need anything. Once you actually order, food arrives quickly and the quality is excellent as it should since hamburgers are $16. The slides in the pool area are also great and are of theme park quality.

Rooms, I had a standard room. Room was very clean and well kept but balcony area was not. Housekeeping is hit or miss, we were stocked with only 1 washcloth on day 2 but front desk was very quick to send someone up with additional.

Spa- Spa is extremely small for a Hotel of this size and service was not up to par.The waiting/relaxation room can only hold 5 people max so there was standing only room when it became busy. We purchased a Couples massage which was hit and miss. I had a relaxation massage with hot stone upgrade. The masseuse rushed thru massaging the body and then spent 15 whole minutes pressing pulse points in my neck and it was very obvious she was just wasting time as she waited for the other masseuse who was taking her time and giving a real massage to catch up with her. I also purchased facials,the esthetician was so extremely rough! And she put so much lip oil on my mouth I had to press my lips together VERY HARD to keep from choking. Spent over $500 in spa services. I will NEVER go again or recommend their spa.

Macado Restaurant- hibachi style and very good. It was expensive but very good.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay with us earlier this month and for taking the time to post a review. I apologize if your experience did not meet your, and our, expectations for the level of service we all expect and strive to maintain. I have sent you a message in an effort to gain some more information about your recent stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will choose to give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We truly enjoyed our visit to Orlando and this hotel had all that we needed. It was beautiful with plenty of amenities including several excellent restaurants, pools, and a spa. So much available just at the hotel, that we could not see it all in a week. Minutes to all theme parks.

Room Tip: Everyone at this hotel was super friendly!