“Best experience ever”

Orlando World Center Marriott
Ranked #70 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
“Best experience ever”
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

I have traveled a lot to Orlando during right season and this time was special. My wife and I went to celebrate my birthday weekend which was awesome. The hotel has everything and the staff are really great. The only thing that makes me tired was the distance between the parking lot on east tower to the lobby. I paid for the self parking instead valet which save me $10 a day. They told me that due the numerous people on hotel the valet would take certain time to bring the car. Anyways, walking was not bad because the ambience was so nice. The hotel is located very close to I-4, which is a better way to get you desired point faster. If you are looking for comfort, clean, and unforgettable please to be you have to pick this hotel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Alex P, Guest Care Coordinator at Orlando World Center Marriott, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Andre, thank you for choosing to celebrate your birthday with us. We are thrilled to hear you and your wife had a great time. We hope you see you both again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,164)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I have stayed at the Marriott World Center several times for work conventions. Service, room amenities and outdoor pool area is excellent. The convention center rooms were large and clean and the staff was very accommodating to our needs. I would absolutely go back and would recommend this to anyone!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Heidi1226, thank you for staying with us again and for taking the time to post a review!
Mackinaw, Illinois
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Had a great time at the World Center. Spent several hours one evening at the Lobby Bar and was treated by one of the best and frinedliest servers, Jordan. Had a blast and would come back anytime! thanks

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My husband and I decided to book a last minute mini-vacation, so we left this past Friday and returned home Sunday night. We had been at the Mariott World Center once before with our three kids during a Disney vacation, and since I had liked it so much, I decided to return. What can I say? We love the Mariott World Center!!! The staff is super courteous and helpful and the place is impeccably clean. It is huge and honestly, if you want a quick and worry-free vacation where you can just relax and have fun, this is the the place to do it. Even if you plan on visiting the parks or the nightlife, this hotel is so close to everything.

The newly renovated pool is huge (the main one), with water slides, lounge chairs, cabana seating, and umbrellas. You do have to get there pretty early to reserve the cabana style chairs, but that's honestly anywhere you go. The pool is clean and they have waiters constantly going up and down to take you orders from the Falls Bar and Grill. Their food is great and they bring it right up to your chairs. Additionally there is a smaller heated pool, an indoor heated pool with a whirlpool, and the spa also has a small whirlpool. You have so many options! If you don't want to be at the main pool and want to avoid crowds then just go to the smaller ones.

The Spa is very nice and offers a variety of services. During my stay I've booked an Aromatherapy Pedicure. It was $65 and it was very pleasant. A bit overpriced in my opinion, but it is to be expected. All in all I had a good experience and the pedicurist was very nice (Her name was Patricia).

There are wonderful places to eat there. On our first night, after check in, we visited Siro, an Italian style restaurant. We had the roasted peppers salad and it was AMAZING. On our second night we went to Makkido Japanese steakhouse, which was delicious. They have a Starbucks gift shop, Food court (which is a little cheaper and a better deal if you are traveling with children). Every morning we had breakfast on the restaurant on the second floor and the buffet is great, with lots of great food and options.

The room we stayed in was on the 18th floor and had a small balcony. We could see the Disney fireworks in plain view at 9 Pm. The room was clean and tidy. A little tip if you decide to rent a movie in your room. We noticed that once we previewed a movie and then decided not to rent it, upon exiting the screen they offered you $5 off the original rental price. So I would do that to save a little money on movie rental.

Concierge was so so nice and patient offering a great deal of help.

We love it there so much that it has become our Go-To hotel and we joined the Rewards program. I wouldn't want to go anywhere else because I like it there so much!!! I highly recommend it.

On a final note, and the only complain I have about my weekend there, which isn't really the hotel's fault. Apparently there was a huge cheer-leading competition in Orlando so hoards of cheerleader (ranging ages 5 and up I'd say) were all over the hotel room. Usually that's fine, but there were a lot of complaints from many guests about their noisy and obnoxious behavior, especially at the pool. Many of these children swarmed in and were super loud and disruptive, of course, no parents in sight. I know that some guests complained about this, but again, not really the hotel's fault, but more the parents'.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2014

First, let's start with check-in. Alan who works the late shift was awesome!! He took care of our family quickly & efficiently. He was full of information, friendly, & professional.

Next, Chong, our waitress at Solaris, was one of the best waitresses we've ever had & we eat out ALOT! She was great with the kids & provided quick & attentive service. The breakfast Buffett was "off the chain!" Worth every penny!

Kids under 12 are free. 1 per paying adult, so with 4 kids, we were able to save some.

It's kind of pricey for some things when you have 4 kids, but it was worth it.

There is a lot to do at the hotel. We cancelled our plans to go to Disney Quest & hung out at the hotel all day & my kids did not complain.

There is too much to say about this stay, but service & the facility was great! We plan to return.

• Stayed March 2014
Tegucigalpa
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

At the front desk I receive excellent attention from Olaya, she was very helpful managing my requests. In addition personal of the restaurant were very kind. Excellent hotel to go on vacation or to work.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Florsha
Florsha, thank you for sharing your experience with us! We are glad you enjoyed you stay and we look forward to your next visit.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I stay here 2 times a year and am amazed! A place this large and with oveer 1800 employees, they all are happy to serve!

Rita, thank you for taking me to my room after my dancing the twist, put my knee out! (I was going to walk and she insisted to take me, but with empathy of my feeling rather stupid:))

Katrina and Dolor, due to me not being specific at check in, you both separated the bill (which takes manual entry of items) and 20 minutes of patience and treated me with respect! Thank you! See you in August!

Room Tip: I like the north tower with a view of the pool:)