I was here for a conference and brought my husband and infant son along. The room was very spacious with a balcony. We had a crib brought in for our son, and there was still lots of room for him to play around. The bathroom was nice with two sinks. Our only complaint was the room did not have a fridge. It had a fully-stocked minibar but no fridge for your personal use. I imagine they would bring one if you requested it, but we did not ask. It did have an iron and blow dryer.
The room was cleaned every day and housekeeping was great.
Parking is very far from the rooms. I mean, seriously, it is so far, that my recommendation is to find a way to stay here without a car! Parking (without valet) was a extra $16 per day.
The pool complex is amazing. It was beautiful. My husband was able to go to the "Splash Zone" with our 9 mos old and he loved it! The pools are the reason why you can bring your family along if you are here for a conference. Disney is minutes away, right around the corner, if you want to do that as well.
My husband ate at the Italian restaurant one evening and said it was surprisingly good. There is a Starbucks in the lobby that always had long lines while we were there due to all the convention attendees. We also had drinks in the lobby bar one evening and it was nice. There was indoor and outdoor seating.
The convention food was good. Portions were right-sized and we weren't "over fed" which I think happens a lot at these things.
There was another women's group there the same time as mine which made for some confusion. The hotel should have planned the event rooms farther apart so we weren't walking in to each other. The first night many of us were walking into the other groups rooms since everything was mingled together between us and them.
If we were going to Orlando just for Disney or Universal, I wouldn't stay here since it can be so chaotic if they are hosting conventions, but if one of you has a convention and you are considering bringing family and extending your stay, it's great for that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Already one of the nation's most impressive hotels, Orlando World Center Marriott features the ultimate in comfort and style, just minutes from the city's hottest attractions, entertainment and dining options. And now, with refreshed suites, an all-new pool area, three water slides, a reconcepted on-site restaurant and more, our world gets better every day. Recently completed renovations include new Suites, surround yourself with the comfort of island-like tranquility whether resting up after your event or catching up on some work. Starbucks(R) has been redesigned and expanded to resemble those found on neighborhood street corners across the country and features additional seating for networking. The Falls Pool has offers a refreshing new pool experience featuring an expanded pool deck and function lawn for poolside events. Siro: Urban Italian Kitchen opened January 2013, a rustic-style venue aimed at showcasing fresh and authentic family-style Italian cuisine with local farm inspiration. Experience the new Falls Pool Bar & Grill offering refreshing beverages and casual dining, a renovated game room with interactive games and a Kid's Zero Entry Pool and water playground with fountains, bubblers, water mushrooms, in-ground spray jets, water cannons and lily pads. Finally, slide into summer with a new slide tower featuring two, 200-foot winding water slides and one, 90-foot speed water slide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Marriott, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Orlando World Center Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Orlando World Center Resort And Convention Center
- Marriott Orlando World Center Hotel Orlando
- Orlando Marriott
- Orlando World Center Marriott Florida