Location: Situated southwest of City center and Airport, east of Interstate 4 and Disney with an entrance off World Center Drive. About five minutes west and World Center Drive becomes Epcot Center Drive on Disney property. Hotel has a golf course bordering south and west sides. East and NW are two more Marriott Hotels, and NE is residential homes. Vehicle required for any destination, including nearby Disney Parks and Outlet Mall. Note I-4 traffic and surrounding roads get congested. Allow extra time, including Airport.
Building: Big, really big. Four high rise room wings, (one 28 floors); hike to Convention Center on marble floors with 450,000 sq feet of meeting area; two family friendly pools, one with a "falls" and one with a cool slide; and separate Spa/Fitness Center. Good walking shoes recommended and some individuals were observed using scooters.
Parking: Charge every day. Parking garage is located on the far east side of convention center, either a long walk or shuttle ride. Garage gets full.
Restaurants: Japanese, Italian, Pool Side Bar, Steak House, Morning/Lunch Buffet, Lobby Starbucks, and two Sports Bars . High Velocity Sports Bar was good food, with gluten free menu. Others complained Food Court was poor. Buffet was standard. Did not sample other foods.
Lobby: Large with concierge desk, sports bar, glass elevators, lobby shop, Italian Restaurant, and Starbucks. Employees were attentive and friendly. Lobby shop has some fruits, drinks, nuts, and candies. Starbucks' zig zag line is LONG prior to Conferences. Cabs available under overhang.
Rooms: BEWARE of room doors not locking! Security actively checked doors. Standard double was clean and good size. Housekeeping everyday. Beds were alright. Shower/tub and toilet were separate from two sink, large vanity. No make up mirror. Refrigerator was requested and placed in front of one sink and full length mirror. Cumbersome. No microwave. Snack tray has automatic charge if you lift an item up. You can request it be removed. Safe in drawer.
International Suite on 28th Floor with three sided balcony provided spectacular views of Disney Fireworks. Great meeting space, with private sleeping rooms.
Spa/Fitness Center: Not used, but was large, quiet, with several machines and choices.
Shops: In addition to lobby shop, there are two shops by Food Court near main pool on ground floor. Clothing, tourist items, snacks, and sundries.
Convention Hall: Every convenience is available at a price. Large enough to hold most conferences. Partitions were substantial and kept noise down. Bathrooms were clean. Food was good and chefs allowed special requests. Business office and Fedex on site. A few meeting spaces available in North Tower appeared nice for private small conference.
Overall: Good High End Convention and Resort Hotel. Avid golfers and pool lovers should be happy. Hotel provided characters and balloon artists for kids. Would compare prices to nearby on-site Disney Hotel if traveling with kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Already one of the nation's most impressive hotels, Orlando World Center Marriott features the ultimate in comfort and style, just minutes from the city's hottest attractions, entertainment and dining options. And now, with refreshed suites, an all-new pool area, three water slides, a reconcepted on-site restaurant and more, our world gets better every day. Recently completed renovations include new Suites, surround yourself with the comfort of island-like tranquility whether resting up after your event or catching up on some work. Starbucks(R) has been redesigned and expanded to resemble those found on neighborhood street corners across the country and features additional seating for networking. The Falls Pool has offers a refreshing new pool experience featuring an expanded pool deck and function lawn for poolside events. Siro: Urban Italian Kitchen opened January 2013, a rustic-style venue aimed at showcasing fresh and authentic family-style Italian cuisine with local farm inspiration. Experience the new Falls Pool Bar & Grill offering refreshing beverages and casual dining, a renovated game room with interactive games and a Kid's Zero Entry Pool and water playground with fountains, bubblers, water mushrooms, in-ground spray jets, water cannons and lily pads. Finally, slide into summer with a new slide tower featuring two, 200-foot winding water slides and one, 90-foot speed water slide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Marriott, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Orlando World Center Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Orlando World Center Resort And Convention Center
- Marriott Orlando World Center Hotel Orlando
- Orlando Marriott
- Orlando World Center Marriott Florida