We decided to combine a mini-vacation with a back-to-school shopping at The Florida Hotel. We arrived early in the day so after checking in our bags we entered the mall through the lobby of the hotel and spent a few hours shopping until we got the call from the front desk that our room was ready. The room was bright, clean and very quiet. I never heard a sound from the hallway, next door or from outdoors the entire time we were there. We had a small fridge, flat screen tv and internet connection that all worked perfectly.
Over the next few days my wife, daughter (10yrs), son (6 yrs) and I had a great time in the shops, restaurants, and of course, the huge, uncrowded pool and hot tub. It was great being able to split up here and there and do things with each other without having to get in the car or drive across a strange city in search of things to do. We did take a short couple minute drive to the outlet malls just to double-down on the deals but even that was fairly simple and effortless.
We are from Florida so we weren't interested in hitting the resort parks in 105 degree weather but even so I would suggest staying at the Florida Hotel if you are planning more than a couple day stay in Orlando after visiting Disney or Universal. The Hotel is about 1/2 mile from the Turnpike and at the edge of International drive so you can get in and out of all the major attractions yet just outside the crowded arteries of Orlando.
There's even a Starbucks and Quick Mart in the hotel lobby so you're never far from a nice hot coffee, cold beer or bag of skittles. There's also a breakfast buffet in the lobby restaurant that also has a nice omelet bar, bagels, meats, fruits and more. It's starts around ten bucks per person which is fairly cheap considering the prices of everything in the mall food court.
The Florida Hotel also has a 'Skycap' in the lobby where you can leave your bags and print out boarding tickets before catching the airport shuttle. They have TV screens there with up-to-date airport departures and arrivals also.
We loved our stay.. we can't wait to go back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at The Florida Mall, the Florida Hotel and Conference Center offers amenities not available at most hotels including a Starbucks in our lobby and direct mall access. Located just minutes from the Orlando International Airport, the Orange County Convention Center, and Walt Disney World Resort, we are at the center of everything there is to do in Orlando. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotel.de, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Florida Hotel & Conference Center, BW Premier Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Florida Hotel Orlando
- Florida Hotel Orlando
- Florida Mall Hotel Orlando
- The Florida Hotel & Conference Center, BW Premier Collection Orlando