The Florida Hotel & Conference Center, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #12 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Live Oak, Florida
“Great Location”
Reviewed 10 November 2011

This was the second opportunity that I had to stay at this hotel. Both visits were for business and I was very pleased with the service from the time I entered the hotel until I checked out. Accommodations were spacious and spic and span. Of course, the shopping was great, too. I also would like to say how accessible it is from the turnpike. I definitely hope I get the chance to visit again......maybe next time just for pleasure.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (763)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Palm City, Florida
Reviewed 9 November 2011

It was my first time staying at this hotel, but it will not be my last. I found the staff to be most helpful and courteous. Accomodations were top notch, very clean and spacious. A variety of shopping and dinning locations without every having to leave the premisis. Would recommend this hotel to friends and family going to the Orlando area.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
USA
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I stayed in this hotel for one night, would probably not stay there again. I was given a room right next to the elevators, you could hear the elevator every time it went up and down. They were also working on the hotel while I was there.

It was fun being right next to the mall, but I didn't come to FL to go shopping, so this was not really a big plus for me.

The room was clean, but very small. The wall-mounted soap dispenser was strange, it was like a shower in a public restroom. The beds were also very small, and I am not a big person.

Room Tip: Ask to not be as far away from the elevators as possible - this hotel is frequented by flight attend...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Hotelier32819, General Manager at The Florida Hotel & Conference Center, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 16 November 2011
Dear “JCZKUSA”

Thank you for your review and in particular your positive mention of a clean hotel room. I am sorry that noise from the elevator negatively impacted your stay and do apologize for the poor impression we left on you after your first visit. The Florida Hotel has a total of 511 rooms each with either two double beds or a king size bed. The comfort of our guests is priority and I am sorry that we may not have had to opportunity to accommodate you further away from the elevator . I hope that you will reconsider our hotel should your travels bring you back to the Orlando area.

Kind regards,

Keith E. Wolling, CHA
Executive Vice President/General Manager
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I recently stayed at "The Florida Mall Hotel" as it used to be known for 4 nights. It's my 4th time staying here and I plan to return in the future. I am a Canadian and I usually travel to Orlando once a year to go to Disney and spend a few nights at this hotel to shop and go to many of the surrounding restaurants we don't have in Canada.

This is not a new hotel, but it continues to be well maintained. The rooms are clean and spacious with nice linen, a room safe, little fridge, and internet (included in the resort fee). There is a Starbucks in the lobby which leads right out into a wonderful mall with several large department stores and a great food court. The immediate surrounding area of the Mall also has many stores such as Bed Bath & Beyond, Target, Barnes & Noble, and many others. In short it's a shopping paradise for Canadains and others and "Shop Till You Drop" is really a possibility here.

After a long shopping day there is a lovely pool and hot tub to enjoy as well as the restaurants I mentioned. I just love going to Carraba's, Olive Garden, Red Lobster etc. The front desk has a map of the surrounding shopping and restaurants which is really handy to have so ask for one at check in. Good to note that Mall of Millenia is close (approx. $16 taxi each way) and The Cheesecake Factory is there. This time we didn't rent a car and found out that there are many attractions including Universal that you can get to on the Lynx bus. I would do this again as it's only $25 or so for a taxi to the airport. It all depends how long you are there for and where you want to go.

The front desk staff deserves honorable mention as they are all very pleasent and helpful. I am looking very forward to my next visit to The Florida Hotel and Conference Center and have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to others as a good base hotel to enjoy many of the pleasures Orlando offers. For those wanting to stay here and go to Disney it's an easy straight forward 20 min. drive or so.

Room Tip: Rooms facing or off to the sides of the entrance are preferable.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 4 November 2011

I stayed for 5 nights recently at the hotel. I was pleased at first and filled out 3 surveys while on property. The location is good. The rooms aren't bad and it was nice to have a refigerator. The bathroom was dirty, there were boogers on the wall. Housekeeping disturbed me even when the DND button was pushed. My "complimentary" water was not replenished daily and my in room internet did not work. For these "complimentary" services I paid a mandatory $11 fee.

Fair enough, as a frequent traveler I write off a lot of little stuff because life is short. The continued requests for surveys and to be prompted for writing a Tripadvisor review reversed my view and I would not stay at this property again. The stay was ok. The hounding for feedback is over the top and has completely frustrated any level of satisfaction I had during any immediately after this stay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Jennifer G
Hotelier32819, General Manager at The Florida Hotel & Conference Center, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 10 November 2011
Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for posting a review on our hotel. On behalf of my entire team we offer our deepest apologies for falling short in the areas mentioned. As difficult as it is to read the comments, we appreciate hearing your views. As consumers, we have a right to get what we pay for and to some reasonable extent, have our expectations met. I regret that I am not able to reach out to you personally based on the information provided. However, I can assure you that we continue to hold ourselves accountable for providing a level of service to surpass the expectations of our valuable guests.

Keith E. Wolling, CHA
Executive Vice President/General Manager
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 4 November 2011

The rooms are warm & inviting and clean. The pool is very large and has plenty of space to lounge around and enjoy a good book. The hotel staff smiled the entire time I was there and they displayed excellent customer service.
If you are looking for a quiet meal you have to go to the Marcelo's Restaurant and order the Flintestone entree, OMG! The name speaks for itself. The steak is a MAMMOTH and the sweet potatoes are delectable. The staff was great and displayed excellent customer service from the time I walked in until the time I left. The chef that night was Delilah and I had to speak to her, because that was the BEST steak I ever had and everything was cooked to perfection the FIRST TIME.

One thing that stands out about the hotel was there Sky Deck which displays update information about arriving and departing flights. This was the first time i experience seeing this.

Keep up! The great job Florida Hotel and Conference Center.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Karlsruhe
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Only to willing to help & give information when required ! If they did not know they found out for me .shopping mall right on your door step great would book again. easy reach from Airport west on the 528.

Room Tip: front of Hotel
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends