“Marcelo's Bistro Excellent Food and Service - The Florida Hotel & Conference Center, Orlando”

The Florida Hotel & Conference Center, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #12 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Marcelo's Bistro just opened at The Florida Hotel & Conference Center located in the Florida Mall, Orlando. I had the hamburger with sweet potato fries and it was delicious. What a treat after a day of shopping. Their sweet potato fries are the best I have ever had. The restaurant was quiet and the service great. Our waiter was Marcelo himself a long time employee of the hotel that the owner named the restaurant after him. What a great testament to this establishment that they honor an employee and leave a legacy for his service. I will definately go back on my next visit to the mall.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mia T
There are newer reviews for The Florida Hotel & Conference Center, BW Premier Collection

Reviewed 30 December 2011

Great location for shoppers, Hotel restaureant and bar had great service. Breakfast was fantastic. Hotel was under renovation when I stayed there but this did not affect me in any way, disruption was kept to a minimum and guests were kept well informed. I found the staff to be very friendly, courteous and efficient. I loved the idea of the daily cash back if you didn't have your room serviced.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 December 2011

My wife and I had a great stay at the Florida Hotel and Conference Center - I attended a workshop during the day and my wife had the opportunity to shop!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark N
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Me and my family just stayed there for Christmas and after having spent 4 nights in the Hilton Orlando we moved to this hotel trusting on the various reviews. The truth was that this was a terrible mistake, as this hotel is no more than a 2 stars as compared to the Hilton Orlando that is a great hotel with excellent service, and very easily a 5 stars. Prices are very similar and there are hidden charges of 11 dollars per day that they can't even explain.
when we arrived we were told that it was not possible to have the rooms next to each other, when we had the bookings with that request. Additionally we were explained that there was an additional 11 per night which included the self parking, when in reality the self parking is parking in the mall.
The room was very two stars nothing special, small but clean. Beds were small at least, but again nothing as the pillow tops in the Hilton beds.
We requested late check out as our flight was delayed and were told there was no way to get it as the hotel was full... Not even for one room. As I am I requested to talk to a manager who was able to accommodate this late check out request. In sum the staff is pretty much incompetent and we felt as if they thought they were doing us a favor.
When leaving the valet parking person stared at us while we were loading our bags... I mean they did not even tried to be helpful, not even for a tip.
Honestly never again. If you want really good service don't go to this hotel as they still have a lot to work on.
We were attended by Latoya at check in and also when trying to do the late check out, terrible service.
I give a 2 based on the fact that the rooms were clean, but that was it.
Go to Hilton Orlando, you won't regret it

Room Tip: Go to the Hilton Orlando not to this hotel, I have been to Orlando more than 16 times and stayed in...
2  Thank Kiddv
Hotelier32819, General Manager at The Florida Hotel & Conference Center, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2012

Dear “kiddv”:

On behalf of my team, please accept my apologies for the disappointment you described. I can assure you that what you have described is not typical of our hotel and we are truly sorry that we were not able to satisfy your needs.

All legitimate service concerns have been looked into and appropriately addressed. Understandably, starting upon your arrival with our inability to accommodate your request for adjoining rooms and a late check out, coupled with the oversight of the service fee, we were left with little option to recover your good graces during this very busy holiday season.

Our promise to you is to provide friendly and efficient service in a clean, comfortable environment. We constantly strive to deliver on this promise to everyone who walks in our door. Indeed the Hilton Orlando is a beautiful hotel and is worthy of your praise.

Keith E. Wolling, CHA
EVP/General Manager

Reviewed 28 December 2011

I stayed at this hotel last month for the Thanksgiving day sales, as the the hotel is situated directly above the Florida Mall, it is an awesome location and ideal if you want to dump your numerous shopping bags back in your hotel room part way through your shopping spree !

Three of stayed in a room with two double beds, there was ample wardrobe space for our two night stay and sufficient towels etc. The room was clean and of a good size with a fridge.

The lobby area was undergoing some refurbishment, but you still could easily access the Starbucks in the hotel lobby which is brilliant. The check-in staff were very helpful and we managed to secure a later check-out at no extra cost, which was a bonus as we knew the hotel was quite busy.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone, there is ample parking and a little pool to tak a dip in after a long day of shopping. It was very reasonably priced too.

I will return and stay here in the future.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 December 2011

Our son recently got a job at one of the major retailers in the Florida Mall so we decided to stay there for a night when visiting him, especially because the hotel has an entrance directly into the Mall. The hotel room was very comfortable and well appointed with a nice bathroom, a flat screen panel television and a very spacious and modern elongated desk system that would have accommodated well a business traveler.

Reviewed 22 December 2011

My husband and I stayed here and we loved it. Unfortunately, we only stayed one night but we will definitely be back. The mall is literally connected to the hotel so you don't have to deal with driving and parking. We bought a bunch of Christmas gifts during our short stay. I wished we had hotel like that here in San Juan!