The Florida Hotel & Conference Center, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #12 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

I have had the pleasure of staying at the Florida Hotel, wonderful staff and beautiful rooms. They always go above and beyond to give us a wonderful stay. The rooms are beautiful and very clean. Check in staff is very professional and courteous.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (717)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

Our return British Airways flight from Orlando-London Gatwick was cancelled due to plane difficulties. My husband, 2 children (8 & 9 years) and 260 other passengers were bused to The Florida Hotel.on arrival we were met with courteous & helpful reception staff. The hotel foyer is rather impressive and the fact it was connected to a mall, fantastic outdoor swimming pool, really wasn't a very difficult situation to be in. Definitely the best place to be during such an inconvenient time. The staff around the hotel were friendly, complimentary dinner, breakfast and lunch was very good, staff again polite and helpful. We got a king size room with pull out couch,also fantastic.
I've never stayed at a hotel that connected with a shopping mall & it was brilliant. My boys have asked to come back so all in all not a bad treat for a flight cancellation.

Pasadena, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

First off, I'm not usually one to write reviews but our stay at this hotel was so great that i felt compelled to write this review. Honestly this hotel was the best hotel we've ever stayed in.
This is about maybe the fourth time my husband and I have visited Orlando and I must say we had a great time at this hotel. We loved the fact that the hotel was located in the mall, considering the fact that I love to shop and two, the convienience of having everything nearby was extremely pleasant. The front desk staff was extremely helpful and the check in process was a breeze. The rooms were very cozy and spacious enough for my family of four. The pools were clean, the room service was amazing and overall the entire hotel staff was extremely magnanimous.
For breakfast, the host Jason was very punctual and explained everything to us thurally. Even George the buser was extremely humourous as he made sure all the tables were clean. Our Server Eric was extremely polite, courteous and helpful. He was really great with our two children, who loved him also. I just can't stress how much of a good server this young man was! He was so friendly and funny. Whenever my family and I come back to Orlando, we will definately be staying at this hotel again. My husband and I were so impressed with the our server, the hotel and our entire vacation overall that we have recommended this hotel to our friends and family. So if you are reading this review and you're debating about which hotel you want to stay at, definately come here. You will not regret it!!!!!!!

Room Tip: We would suggest not getting a room by the elevators, they're pretty noisy, but otherwise the ro...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

I stayed at the hotel, having much issues as intended.
Here comes the chef try to fix the issues of everything goes wrong at the dinner table, while I was aggravated with the foods at the restaurant/bar.
calmly he apologized and ask how could he modified everything just to altered my needs and allergies, such as gluten free, MSG free and more, to put the of many sauces, I was very pleased with his attitude, he cares what the guess needs out of that busy kitchen.
and yes I will ask chef will yong to my table on my next many visit to Orlando.
Valle attendants 5 stars services, room issues fixed at no time, concierge counter nick as the chef recommend very knowledgeable and many good review for this Florida Hotel

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

The other time we were in Orlando I saw this hotel inside the mall, and I thought next time I gotta try that. My wife is a big shopper and I don't like to carry bags, so what can be better than a hotel inside the mall? Front desk was so great. We arrived earlier than we should and we were with our baby, so they did their best to get us a room immediately. Room was very good, facing the front of the hotel where the swimming pool is. Location is very good to explore Orlando, you are kind in the middle of everything there is to do. There's a Starbucks in the hotel (not in the mall, I said in the hotel). We have only one complaint, they have this draw where you can get some dollars for your opinion, nothing wrong there, but the guy who went to deliver us a crib for the baby was so insistent that we would fill the paper right away for him to get his bonus, and all we want was to relax as we had just arrived, so we had to be a litte rough with him and say that we would do it later and put it in the box ourselves. Besides that great hotel, we would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Nassau, New Providence Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

This hotel is a great location seconds away from top shopping and great dining spots and only minutes away from all major attractions
The hotel was consistently busy but the staff were all true professionals and made us feel at home despite the obvious rush that was ongoing all around us daily they catered to our every need with respect to valet and the door men the concierge was very helpful in suggesting indoor activities when it was rainy and ensured that we had directions

We travelled with our 23 month old son and when we got to the hotel we requested a King room which was upgraded at no charge this was a major plus given that toddlers just need more space..the staff were exceptional

the room was very comfortable and clean the bathroom could use an upgrade nut all in all it was good

the only complaint I had was that the bedside clock was too bright and I had to remove the plug in order to sleep because it caused the entire room to be bright

the Florida Mall has great shopping and its large enough to really allow you to shop around without having to leave the property that was great

Room Tip: I would say get a room away from the elevator and on floor 5 or higher because meeting rooms are on...
Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

The Florida Hotel and Conference Center is physically part of the Florida Mall. We've been guests here at about 4 times, each separated by a 6 month interval. Each time we return, the place gets better, the staff even more helpful and the physical plant improved. Rooms are clean, newly decorated and it feels like the mattress inventory has been renewed. The in-hotel restaurant is relatively inexpensive for breakfast, lunch and dinner...the quality of the fare and the professionalism of the staff are pleasant surprises in the land of plastic. On our second day there, we were greeted by name, by the waitstaff ! Similar to guest treatment on a good cruise. We'll definitely be returning.

Room Tip: The front desk staff will really guide you to a good room.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business