The hotel is situated right in the middle of a largish shopping mall. The rooms are a little bit plain and a touch tired but the communal areas were lovely. The rooms are very large with two very comfortable beds, a large fridge (which came in useful) and a large flat screen TV. There was also a safe. It was a little bit noisy late at night in mainly coming from the room next door and the walls were quite thin for a hotel. There are a lot of airline crew on a daily basis and they had a dedicated desk.
There was a very high standard of cleanliness and room service did a really good job each day more than other hotels at which we have stayed. The pool was a nice size, clean and not too crowded. The hotel has a handy door-way that leads directly into the shopping mall and there is also a nice Starbucks in the hotel lobby. It was nice to have an air conditioned shopping mall close at hand and this was a nice break from the heat or for days when we could not summon the energy to do the theme parks.
What made the hotel however was the attentive staff and extremely high standards of service. Corrine on the concierge desk was amazing and made our holiday. She had amazing local knowledge and made excellent recommendations / giving advice. She can also sell tickets for theme parks to avoid the queues. The restaurant staff were also excellent. The food was a little pricey in the evening but very high standard of cuisine with friendly staff. I am vegetarian and they made me a special dish.
Breakfast also had very friendly staff and a nice selection of fruit, raspberries and blueberries. There was a friendly chef who would make waffles for us each day. One day I was ill and one member of the breakfast staff sent some tea up to the room for me. The restaurant staff in the evening would also come to the door and say "hello" when we were passing even though we were not eating there. The front desk staff were also very good and happy to help. There was also a manager who was always present in the communal areas and would check we were ok every day. The service was truly excellent even for America where service tends to be good in any event.
You can get local buses to Universal and International Drive for only 2 dollars per person and a cab to universal or the airport is about 22 - 30 dollars. The local buses did have a few "not so nice" passengers a few drug addicts etc. and I would not have travelled on them at night.
The mall was also very good with a few department stores, Macys, JC Penny, Saks and was open most nights until 10am -10pm in July 2013. Sundays 11-8pm.
Although not part of the main hotels on international drive and a bit further out, I would definitely stay here again because the staff really made the stay good for us and it was nice to be away from the very touristy aspects of International Drive and yet within a commutable distance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at The Florida Mall, the Florida Hotel and Conference Center offers amenities not available at most hotels including a Starbucks in our lobby and direct mall access. Located just minutes from the Orlando International Airport, the Orange County Convention Center, and Walt Disney World Resort, we are at the center of everything there is to do in Orlando. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your The Florida Hotel & Conference Center, BW Premier Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Florida Hotel Orlando
- Florida Hotel Orlando
- Florida Mall Hotel Orlando
- The Florida Hotel & Conference Center, BW Premier Collection Orlando