“The best place to stay in Orlando”

Hotel & Conference Center, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #13 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
San Francisco, California
“The best place to stay in Orlando”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We were having a great time staying at the Orlando Hotel. It's located right in the mall so all you have to do is to take an elevator down and you are in the middle of all boutiques & restaurants. Great conference center, so we enjoyed our stay & were able to work and study at the same time. Thank you very much Orlando Hotel for the lovely reception.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (762)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Nuneaton
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We stayed at the hotel with our 2 kids. The room was spacious and clean. The communal areas are also very good, as is the pool. but the best thing about the hotel are the staff. Very helpful and friendly without exception. The location is good for the parks (about 15/20 minutes drive to any of them) and of course (unfortunately for my credit card) the Florida Mall.
I would recommend the Universal Studios package which includes 3 days of Universal tickets and is tremendous value vs booking them and the hotel separately. We ate in Crickets bar rather than the restaurant which isn't bad value and again great service. They happily did a steak for me even though it was not on the menu.
The breakfast is very good though it isn't cheap which is where the 'but' comes in. The breakfasts are not cheap and you also then get stung for another $18 per night 'service charge which is meant to cover parking, wi fi etc - basically things that other hotels just include.
All in all however this is a very good hotel. It is only the charge and the cost of breakfast which stops it getting 5 stars from me.

Room Tip: Get one of the packages such as the Universal package, which includes 3 day passes for Universal.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The hotel is situated right in the middle of a largish shopping mall. The rooms are a little bit plain and a touch tired but the communal areas were lovely. The rooms are very large with two very comfortable beds, a large fridge (which came in useful) and a large flat screen TV. There was also a safe. It was a little bit noisy late at night in mainly coming from the room next door and the walls were quite thin for a hotel. There are a lot of airline crew on a daily basis and they had a dedicated desk.

There was a very high standard of cleanliness and room service did a really good job each day more than other hotels at which we have stayed. The pool was a nice size, clean and not too crowded. The hotel has a handy door-way that leads directly into the shopping mall and there is also a nice Starbucks in the hotel lobby. It was nice to have an air conditioned shopping mall close at hand and this was a nice break from the heat or for days when we could not summon the energy to do the theme parks.

What made the hotel however was the attentive staff and extremely high standards of service. Corrine on the concierge desk was amazing and made our holiday. She had amazing local knowledge and made excellent recommendations / giving advice. She can also sell tickets for theme parks to avoid the queues. The restaurant staff were also excellent. The food was a little pricey in the evening but very high standard of cuisine with friendly staff. I am vegetarian and they made me a special dish.

Breakfast also had very friendly staff and a nice selection of fruit, raspberries and blueberries. There was a friendly chef who would make waffles for us each day. One day I was ill and one member of the breakfast staff sent some tea up to the room for me. The restaurant staff in the evening would also come to the door and say "hello" when we were passing even though we were not eating there. The front desk staff were also very good and happy to help. There was also a manager who was always present in the communal areas and would check we were ok every day. The service was truly excellent even for America where service tends to be good in any event.

You can get local buses to Universal and International Drive for only 2 dollars per person and a cab to universal or the airport is about 22 - 30 dollars. The local buses did have a few "not so nice" passengers a few drug addicts etc. and I would not have travelled on them at night.

The mall was also very good with a few department stores, Macys, JC Penny, Saks and was open most nights until 10am -10pm in July 2013. Sundays 11-8pm.

Although not part of the main hotels on international drive and a bit further out, I would definitely stay here again because the staff really made the stay good for us and it was nice to be away from the very touristy aspects of International Drive and yet within a commutable distance.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I just wish I lived here. An amazing hotel experience. From you enter this hotel it's a wow factor. really nice decor, pleasant atmosphere and a very friendly & helpful staff. We definitely will be back again and again. This hotel is definitely a home away from home and is worth the money, I recommend this hotel one hundred percent for family vacations long stays and short ones my seven days were amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Again To The Whole Team

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dallas, Georgia
Reviewed 28 July 2013

This hotel is decent; good location, with nice restaurant. The rooms need updating and a thorough cleaning. The check-in process is sketchy. My room smelled like smoke & I was relocated, which was fine. My friend received keys that didn't work and had to come down and get new ones--- twice. Last time I stayed here; someone was given my room! I checked in, set my things down by the desk and headed out to dinner, when I came back, someone else's bags were in my room! The manager was nice enough to upgrade me, but geez! The front desk clerk Kenneth seemed not really to care that much as he was on his cell phone while we were trying to check out and he also gave my husband a key to the room without asking for an ID which kind of scares me.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Wonderful stay at this lovely hotel for my birthday week.
Great rooms with great views of florida.
Staff was very professional and courteous, Great room service as well.
Housekeeping was superb as well!!!
Plenty of eating places in the area including the mall!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Bracknell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Self parking is close by with plenty of spaces. The only disappointment was the lady at check in who was having a conversation with a third party through her microphone and earpiece. We asked for adjoining rooms, she said 'no problem' but was obviously speaking to someone else as our rooms were at opposite ends of the corridor. When we got to our room it was an adjoining one and the other room was empty. The rooms are first rate with everything you need. Breakfast in the restaurant was excellent.
We like it so much we are staying again in November for 3 nights.

Room Tip: Make sure the check in staff are talking to you and not in to a mocrophone to a third party
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends