“Quinceanera (15th Birthday)”

The Florida Hotel & Conference Center, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #11 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Amazing, outstanding, excellent, WOW these are some of the words that describe the Florida Hotel & Conference Center, the beauty inside astonished my 100+ guests on my granddaughters big day. Aimee Vargas the event coordinator, gave us all we asked for and then some, The wait staff well there was no empty class or dirty plate on the tables, they were on it. The food brilliant, remarkable so GOOD, so much, Bravo Chiefs, Freddie Colón and Vasken Jibillan.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (5,969)

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Just back from Orlando and a two night stay at the Florida Hotel and Conference Center. It's a great hotel, clean, safe, reasonable but there was a bit of a hidden fee for things advertised as free. The night before checkout we received a bill for "hotel convenience fee" of $18 per night that was not clearly disclosed in my opinion. When we inquired at the front desk about the fee, we were shown a small placard on the desk that said in order to provide free WiFi and a refrigerator in the room and free bottled water, the hotel charges an $18 per night convenience fee. If you're charging for something, then its not technically "free". Otherwise we were very happy with the hotel. It was clean, safe and well managed.

4  Thank bobbyj59
Reviewed 14 March 2014

This hotel exceeded all expectations. From the moment we arrived we received the best customer service. The staff were the most friendly and helpful that I have come across in the states. We were upgraded to a suite as it was our wedding anniversary and had a late check out.
The hotel is close to all attractions, short taxi ride away but is actually connected to the Florida Mall. shopping right on the doorstep. the hotel itself was spotlessly clean. We had breakfast in Marcellos bistro which was excellent value, and again the service we received was brilliant. The gentleman who showed us to our seats actually filled a bag with some fruit for us to take away for our grandchildren for their snack later. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. Really hope we can return again.

3  Thank 200Ellen028
Reviewed 14 March 2014

From the minute you walk into this hotel, you feel pampered. The valet service is great. John Lamont the manager makes sure you are taking care of, makes every occasion special and will share his favorite spots throughout Orlando. The bar area with Cricket (she has been there from day one!) Ted and Eric make the atmosphere most enjoyable. Would definitely recommend this hotel. The shopping isn't bad either!!!

Room Tip: None of the rooms are bad.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank CatE716
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This hotel is fantastic. Great location - 30$ taxi ride from airport, 20 $ from Universal studios and it's situated right beside the mall. So it's great for popping into Macy's, Skechers etc. Great amenities: heated outdoor pool, fitness centre, free wi-fi, tea, coffee and bottled water in room, comfortable beds, convenience store, restaurant, bar and a starbuck's café. Breakfast is 10-13 dollars for a full buffet and the hotel is spotlessly clean.
But the best thing about this hotel is the service. Friendly and competent staff from the porters to the front desk. John Lamont, the rooms operations manager, was great. I told him it was my parent's 40th wedding anniversary and he upgraded their room and helped me organise a few surprises. He even greeted my parents personally and escorted them to their room. Kenny was also very efficient and let us check out at 3.30 instead of 11 so the kids could enjoy more time at the pool. They really made our stay so enjoyable and were always checking things were ok.
Seriously this has got to be the best hotel in Florida! Don't hesitate to book!

Room Tip: We stayed on the newly renovated 11th (top) floor. But the hotel seems very quiet and calm everywher...
1  Thank jennifer p
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I have been to many hotels and the Florida Mall Hotel and Conference Center is a great place to stay. Their staff is very friendly and the customer service received is above expectation. They are always willing to assist the clients no matter what your reason for staying. I was having a problem with my key and a hotel staff person was right there to assist. By the time I returned from my meeting, the problem was solved and they came to the meeting room to tell me that it was resolved.

The food is out of this world. I had a catered lunch for my meeting and it was on time, fresh and delicious. The mall is right out the door and you don't have to move your car once parked. I really love to shop in the mall and go right to my room when done.

Whether you are on vacation or business, they will treat you very nicely. I recommend this hotel to anyone who wants an experience of luxury on a budget.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Val402
Reviewed 11 March 2014

This hotel is quickly becoming a favorite of my group. The staff is very friendly and accommodating, the rooms are renovated and clean. The banquet staff will work with you on food prices and the food is very good. I would recommend this hotel for anyone needing sleeping rooms and banquet/meeting facilities. The hotel is attached to the Florida Mall which is a nice bonus for people coming in from out of town.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators, they are noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business