“One night getaway with the kids”

The Florida Hotel & Conference Center, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #11 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Spent the day at Fun Spot. Needed a place to stay that was nice and not overly expensive. Cruised the mall and had dinner at the Ale house close by. Great value for the $$. Front desk was very friendly. Starbucks and a snack shop on the ground floor were convenient.

Room Tip: Some rooms can be far from the elevators.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ray T

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I bring thousands of young student groups to Orlando every year.
Consistently The Florida Hotel makes it a wonderful experience- they understand the needs of student groups, provide a great private breakfast, and having the mall connected the lobby (with the elevators to the rooms key access only) makes it really spectacular for our students!

Reviewed 26 March 2014

If you are looking for a hotel for your group or organization, please let me suggest The Florida Hotel in Orlando, FL. From the moment you walk in the door, you are greeting by a friendly staff. The helpfulness and hospitality of the staff continues with the sales manager, Myle, to the banquet staff. The meeting room was set well in advance, the lunch was provided on time and quite tasty. The staff was always helpful and always stopped to ask if I needed anything. It was a pleasure staying at the Florida Hotel and my seminar attendees had a great experience (and being attached to the Florida Mall is a perk!) and we look forward to having several more seminars and conferences at the hotel. Again, thank you for a great experience.

Angela F.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Our company has used this property multiple times over the years for conferences and seminars and we just can't say enough good about it! Each time we arrive we are greeted by the same friendly faces year after year and if that doesn't say something about this hotel (low employee turnover) nothing will! We have had the great pleasure of working with Myle Gray, Director of Catering & Convention Services, for several years now, and professionalism and needs anticipation are just a few of her many great qualities. The valet attendant, Clem, is another noteworthy employee, so much so that the hotel's business center is named in his honor as a result of his tremendous work ethic and loyalty! If a pleasant conference experience, great convention food, a great restaurant and pub, and top-notch service are what you are looking for, look no further, as you will find that here along with a whole lot more. It's location in the world renowned Florida Mall will increase your meeting attendance and who doesn't want that? Trust me, this property should be on the top of every meeting planners list!

Reviewed 26 March 2014

First off the staff is very friendly and professional. Kudos to Shawn (Sean) at the front desk (night tme). Professional, friendly, accomodating, informative. I wish all my employees were like him. He made for a great first impression. While the room was nice, it was nothing to write home about, although the bathroom was a decent size. Now for the downside. The in room safe was too small to fit my laptop. The desk only had one outlet. Which with all the office toys we carry around these days, it's hard to believe there was only one outlet. So my laptop was at the desk getting its charge on. My iPad was on the floor near the bed getting its charge on along with my phone. For a business hotel I found this not only odd but annoying. Add to that the only phone in the room is on the desk, clear across the room from the bed. So when the wake up call came, I had to get out of bed to answer the phone. Why not have a phone bedside? And my last complaint was there was no exhaust fan in the bathroom. So after a hot shower, the mirrors were completely fogged over. Certainly rates were good, but that said, the layout of the room (outlets in particular) left a lot to be desired for. By way of explanation for my rating of poor on location, while it is connected to a mall, I felt it was out of the way. I have been better served by locations downtown while in Orlando on business.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I could not have been more impressed with the customer service we received at The Florida Hotel. On every level, from the front desk to the housekeeping staff and every staff member we met in the hallway, were very friendly and accommodating. They truly put customers first and never say "no." Honestly, they should provide training for other hotels' staff. The hotel is attached to a large upscale mall. It was convenient for getting a manicure/pedicure and general shopping. Our room was very comfortable and CLEAN. The head of housekeeping rang our doorbell to see if we had everything we needed and brought extra towels. Early check-in was not questioned when we arrived that morning. I can't say enough about this property. By the way, Marcelo's, one of the onsite restaurants has a wonderful breakfast with omelets made to order perfectly. I will review it separately to go into more detail.

Room Tip: We were on 9th floor and it was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This is an amazing hotel! Great rates and the hotel has an extremely friendly staff (Sean at the front desk in particular.) Very clean rooms. It is directly attached to a mall, you do not even need to leave the hotel to get there. It is 8 miles to Universal Studios, which equals out to a $25-$30 cab ride. I highly suggest this hotel and its amazing staff to anyone looking to stay in orlando!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends