“Very Comfortable beds! Beautiful rooms with a wonderful staff”

The Florida Hotel & Conference Center, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #13 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Ferndale, Michigan
“Very Comfortable beds! Beautiful rooms with a wonderful staff”
Reviewed 26 February 2009

I loved every aspect of this hotel. The rooms very comfortable and very clean. I walked around in white socks and they stayed clean. The hotel was also well sound proofed. I didn't hear banging door and blaring t.v.s like you do in a lot of hotels. The staff was really helpful and very pleasant. We ate at Crickets (loved the happy hour) 2 for 1 drinks and appetizers 6 to 9 I think it was. It was great for the breakfast buffet also with the omelets cooked to order with a smile. Oh 1 more thing. The hot tub was nice and big and the pool was crystal clear.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (749)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
California
Reviewed 23 February 2009

This was my second time staying at this hotel for our annual conference. It is an excellent location for both the quality of the rooms as well as the conference facilities. The staff was very helpful and we enjoyed our stay. It is a great value with a great location. The hotel is attached to an indoor mall which is a wonderful bonus. Many great restaurants are close by. I highly recommend it.

Richmond, BC
Reviewed 23 February 2009

Hotel staff were very helpful, especially Joey the concierge who was at the outside entrance desk. Daily he gave us directions and was extremely helpful when our keys were locked in our car! We can't thank him enough for calling a locksmith. Thanks to Joey we didn't miss our flight going home.

• Stayed February 2009
Palmetto FL
Reviewed 20 February 2009

We appreciated the security of room pass options on the elevators, pool, and business center. Staff was very courteous and helpful with suggestions and service. In particular we liked the convenience and size of the shopping mall. Food and service (particularly the breakfast) at Cricket's bar and grill in the lobby was excellent. Parking was no problem, and rooms were made up promptly and cleanly. We would recommend it very highly.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
Seattle
Reviewed 11 February 2009

I stayed at the hotel for a conference for 5 days. The facilities were very clean including the pool area outside. The staff was helpful and friendly. I brought my son with me and the mall was a great feature to add to the amenities. We did not have to leave the hotel to enjoy some free time drinking Starbucks and walking the mall that is attached to the hotel. When we had more free time, The Millenia Mall a upscale shopping mall a few miles away was another great outlet and had many fine restaurants. Other features close by were Universal Studios, Epcot, Golfing and much more......

Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
WI
Reviewed 11 February 2009

Our group held a conference here in February. The location makes it a great place to stay. You can get everything you need without ever leaving the hotel. The rooms were clean, the beds comfortable and staff was friendly and accommodating.

This hotel knows the importance of providing excellent customer service. The only thing that this hotel lacked was a formal concierge service for hotel guest. Our group had a team assigned to meet every need/request made of the hotel staff.

However the guests not part of a conference/group meeting, that maybe wanted assistance with info on local Orlando attractions or transportation, assistance from the front desk staff was minimal. This was only a minor detractor.

I would definately stay here again.

• Liked — Location close to airport, food at every price point, and inside a major mall (three big positives)
  • Disliked — No Concierge Service but the staff was very helpful in all areas.
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
St Petersburg, FL
Reviewed 11 February 2009

My trip began as business related and all aspects were outstanding. The meeting rooms were tastefully decorated and the catering was delicious and professional. I have stayed at 5 Star + resorts (in and out of the United States) and found the atmosphere and amenities at the Florida Hotel to be equal. My room was large, luxurious with everything I could ask for. I must also comment on the staff. EVERYONE was so amiable and professional - they made me feel as though I were their sole priority. They truly know their customer service.

The fact the Hotel opens into an enormous shopping mall with more stores than I could visit during my stay, only makes it that much more fun! I plan to return with my family to enjoy the sunny pool and hot tub, as well as the excellent food and shopping.

If you are planning to visit the Orlando area, you owe it to yourself to stay at The Florida Hotel and Conference Center. (They also have shuttle service to WDW).

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)