“Better than I could have imagined”

The Florida Hotel & Conference Center, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #12 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Grand Island, New York
“Better than I could have imagined”
Reviewed 21 November 2010

This hotel was a 5 star for 99bucks. It sits right next to a really great mall too. It was nice for Mom to go shopping when Dad takes the kids for a swim. The pool was very cold ( it is November after all) and the kids loved the hot tub. They do charge an $11 resort fee. Parking was faily close so don't feel like you have to get Valet-parked. They have a business center and I was able to print boarding passes and they didn't nickle and dime me for paper! We enjoyed our stay a lot! The only slightly negative thing I could say is... We were next to the elevators and it was hard to fall asleep.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (763)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 19 November 2010

A very professional staff and the very comfortable conference areas, made my stay a very pleasant one.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 November 2010

I chose this hotel because it offered a special to attendeees for a local class. I basically chose it blindly not knowing what to expect. Much to my surprise, I found a relaxing,clean and comfortable room. I chose to stay in and order room service in the evening and again, was glad I did. I highly recommend the bruchetta....awesome! The staff was attentive and friendly and kindly showed me the entrance into the shopping mall right in the lobby.....and I did find some time to check that out.
Should I attend another class and know I will, I plan on staying here again.
I highly recommend this hotel. The only negative is that there is not a complimentary breakfast.

Accra, Ghana
Reviewed 19 November 2010

My experience at the Florida Hotel and Conference Center will always be with me. The room (361) was comfortable and neatly kept. The bathroom was also very neat with enough towels for each day. The wardrobe is also beautiful and spacious. The electric iron was very well situated and the ironing board was just right. The telephones are well situated in the room and the bed lamps are fine.

On the other hand, the room was quite cold when one enters from outside, the air conditioning could be set more moderate. We could not operate the TV. It would be good to have two arm chairs in the room instead of one. The housekeepers did a great job.

The staff in the dining room were great and friendly. I enjoyed the breakfast at the Center. That is the only meal I took. The staff working in the washrooms did an excellent job (at least for the Male washrooms). The front desk staff were very polite and friendly. The guys helping us check our luggage in and out of out rooms did great. They worked as though they loved their job. One jokingly said he did all his work out carrying bags. And this I felt showed a positive attitude toward his work. I am glad I came to your hotel and hope to come there again.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 19 November 2010

It has been quite a while since I have been able to stay at the Florida Hotel and even though I was attending a conference elsewhere during the week, I always try to enjoy my stay with a night at the Florida Hotel when possible. First, the rooms are the most comfortable I have enjoyed anywhere in the country. The hotel is attached to the Florida Mall so both my wife and I enjoy having some major shopping options just downstairs. Most importantly, I don't think I have stayed anywhere else with a feeling that I am a very special guest of honor. From the valet parking attendants on up, everyone is genuinely welcoming. The Sunday buffet brunch has the chef making fresh omelets, housekeeping keeps all well stocked, etc. Great rates on top of everything else.

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 19 November 2010

I've been a frequent guest of the Florida Hotel and have always ejoyed my stay. It is close to my work destination and is located in the Florida Mall, so there are many stores and restaurants within a short, secure walk.

Key West, Florida
Reviewed 19 November 2010

I travel 7 hours twice a year just to stay at this hotel. It's connected to a fabulous mall so it's convenient to shop and then just go to your room.The staff go out of their way to help you. If there's anything you need they'll get it for you.The rooms are always clean and up to date. The housekeepers here are the best. I would highly recommend this hotel and can't wait to come back. I was only supposed to stay 3 nights and ended up staying 5!!
A+++++++++++++++