“Affordable and good quality”

Quality Suites Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #113 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Oslo, Norway
“Affordable and good quality”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Spacious rooms en suite type (with kitchen and living room), very well kept and clean. Breakfast is included, although not of very good quality when it comes to eggs and sausages, but coffee, cereals and yoghurts are fine.
Small swimming pool available, but who wants to use that with all the main theme parks conveniently located within 10min drive around?

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Hebrew first
Indiana
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I have been a Choice Hotel Member for 8 years and have had some good and bad experiences. This was one of the best! Extremely nice room, good value being this close to Disney. My bride and I of 40 years enjoyed our stay. If we had known ahead of time we may have stayed here longer rather than going to the Disney Resorts.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Carterville, Illinois
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel four nights. With its good location and affordable rate it provided a goose base for the Disney vacation. The kitchenette with full size refrigerator was useful for snacking. The breakfast was typical but helped get the day started. We had a water leak the first night from the A/C unit and were promptly moved the next day, however no other concessions for the inconvenience. The night maintenance man was very helpful and accommodating getting us relocated. Overall a very good stay and will definitely consider again when traveling to Disney.

1 Thank NFca
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We stayed here in a suite for three nights when taking the grandchildren to Disney. I was not terribly luxurious, but was very clean and comfortable. Front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was nothing fancy, but was of good quality and had things the kids liked. The bus schedule to the parks was OK going, but had few choices of return times; however the bus was always on time as scheduled. The only problem area was related to our bathroom door which squeaked loudly when opened and closed. Every time one us made a night time visit, everyone was awakened by the squeak. It was difficult to get the two year old back to sleep. A very nice touch was a large of container of iced water infused with fresh limes at the front desk. I was a very refreshing and a nice touch.

1 Thank Bob B
Ieper (Ypres), Belgium
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We stayed here for one night and it was excellent. Check-in was very good, staff was friendly and clear. Our room was clean, had a separate sitting-room, separate kitchenette, separate bathroom and separate bedroom. It had enough storage space, flatscreen tv, good quiet airco, etc...

Breakfast was good as well. We had enough choice and even the option to bake your own mickey-faced waffles.

The hotel is on a 10 min drive from most Disney parks and has its own shuttle service to and from the parks.

We'd recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tom_vdberghe
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Clean and well maintained. Full kitchen, dining bar, living room, separate bedroom and bath. Nice breakfast and free! Scrambled and boiled eggs, peanut butter, toast, pastries,waffles, yoghurt, milk, juices and fresh fruit. My only complaint is that since there are kitchenettes, I would have liked to see food to buy. There is a very small store filled more with things that are not edible. It closes at bad times and only cash is taken.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I stay at this hotel at least once or twice per month as I live a little over 3 hours away. After a long day at any of the theme parks (I'm a Disney Annual Pass Holder) the last thing I want to do is drive for 3 hours to get home. Last year I estimate I stayed at the Quality Suites approximately 15 times. All the times I have stayed there within the past 3 years have been great! The rooms are always clean. Front desk employees are very friendly and helpful. Last year there was an issue with one of the main water heaters of one of the buildings. We hadn't noticed until we read a note they had left us on our door after returning from one of the theme parks. They already had another room ready for us without us even asking for one!!

Having stayed at many of the local hotels in the Kissimmee/Lake Buena Vista area over the past few years I can honestly say this is my favorite hotel! So much so that I have been a bit reluctant (and selfish on my part) to write a review because I treasure the fact that it is a little known gem of a hotel! If others were to find out about it I would have trouble booking a room as they would be full all the time!!

Location is also a major plus. It is located on Palm Parkway which is about a few blocks away from Downtown Disney. They don't charge a resort fee or parking fee like the other hotels near it. The price you see is the price you pay; no hidden charges. I know there is a shuttle bus that takes you from the hotel to Disney, but I have never taken it as I always have my car with me (the drive to Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios is a very short drive).

Again, I have stayed in my fair share of higher end hotels, average hotels and dumps in Lake Buena Vista/ Kissimmee over the years. This is my top "go to" place. The only times I stay in a different hotel is when this one is booked or I'm traveling with several adults.

Just don't go too crazy booking a room here now that you know it is great place to stay as then I will have difficulty finding a room for myself there!

Room Tip: You really can't go wrong with any of the rooms. They are all very clean and comfortable.