“WONDERFUL!!”

Ranked #209 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
London
“WONDERFUL!!”
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Beautiful, quiet, exclusive, reasonable rates, not enough parking. Near to all attractions and
golfing. Near to some of the best dining for holiday folks. A visit to Corona Cigar is a must!!
It shows that management are closely supervising this location, because it most often is
functioning very well or is repaired to your satisfaction very quickly. Family and friends make this resort comfortable and revisitable.

Room Tip: Higher floors, better view, more to observe.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Thorndale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 January 2013

As a Bluegreen owner I chose this property for its location and availability. It is right off the north end of International Boulevard, and is within walking distance to the outlets, dining and the shuttle to attractions in this area. The 2 bedroom Phase II unit was very comfortable, roomy and well equipped. Although the dimensions are smaller than the Phase I, for me the layout was better due to the 2 queen beds in the the 2nd bedroom. You loose a 2nd dining area in the kitchen and a second sink in the master bedroom in this unit, but these items were not needed during my stay. The property was not large, which made it very easy navigate. The majority of the units seem to face the nice pool/tennis court area. The fire pit was a nice feature. I went mid week during the off season so it was very quiet. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. If you are looking for a lot of activity within a resort, I am not sure if this property would be satisfying to you. I prefer a more quiet stay so this resort was perfect for me and my party. I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom Phase I units appear to have 2 twins in the 2nd bedroom so keep this in mind.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank KMA_Adventures
Jackson, Tennessee
Reviewed 5 January 2013

My family recently stayed here through the New Year's holiday while visiting the Disney Parks. I'm very picky and won't stay just anywhere. Upon arrival the place doesn't look like much, but don't be fooled. The Sunshine Resort is clean and very roomy. The only disappointments I had with the place was the wireless internet was so weak it would not stay connected while inside the room. Also, the fabric on the furniture was a little dirty/dingy looking. Other than that all else was great. There were 4 adults and one teen staying. We were there on a 5 night Sample Time Share with Bluegreen.

P.S. You can see Universal Studios from this resort...

Room Tip: We stayed on the 6th floor of building 2 and the only noise we encountered was noise from the elemen...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2012

I took a group of teens to Halloween Horror nights. It was a mixed group so this hotel made it easy for everyone to be in one place, supervised. The boy had the living room, the girls had one room, and I had the master bedroom. Next time we go to Orlando we will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 12 December 2012

I was able to book this through RCI and was so very glad I did. The resort is well kept inside and out. FunSpot next door, never heard a thing when it was open. The 2 bedroom suite I stayed in was extremely clean and the kitchen had everything needed to cook my meals. Each room was well layed out and had the essentials. Balconey was screened in and had a ceiling fan. Daniel who was a BlueGreen resort rep was very helpful and gave me some great maps and coupons. Very knowledgeable and eager to help. Front desk crew were friendly and fun to talk to. They accommadated me by storing my luggage in the manager's office due to my 11:00 check out from the hotel I came from. Daniel then got on the computer to find me the closest store to buy groceries and which bus I would take to do so. His efforts made it so that by the time I got back with groceries, the staff had my suite ready for me. Great team effort on their part. Lynx bus stop on International Dr in front of Del Taco, #37 took me right to Universal Studios. I-Ride trolley has two stops on Del Verde, #'s 5 & 6 red line going south. Was able to buy a trolley pass at the front desk. Pool area was wonderful, fire pit where I roasted hot dogs. Everything was here for my perfect vacation. Thank you staff for an absolutely fantastic time. Making plans to return in November 2013.

Room Tip: Rooms over the tennis/basketball court can get busy and loud. But over all it was never a lengthy t...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank batesl49
Panama
Reviewed 11 November 2012

I stayed at Sunshine Resort about 4 years ago and was disappointed due to the "worn down" look of the suite. The rug was dirty and the decor drab. This time we were really satisfied with the 2-room suite, which had been renovated. Everything was cleaner, brighter and we definitely liked staying on the pool side of the building vs. the side facing the practically deserted "Fun Zone" attraction, whose ferris wheel lights shine into the secondary bedroom until late. When our coffee maker died, we were sent another one immediately. Kitchen was great. Mattresses ok. Free wifi and the pools are heated to 90 degrees, so bring your bathing suit even if you're there in Dec. (There's a jacuzzi too.) The location is right down the street from Universal and maybe 20-mins from Disney. Another plus: Good Indian and Thai restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: Stay on pool side and ask for the 2nd floor (quieter).
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Primadonatravel
Upper Darby, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 October 2012

My husband and I stayed there on our honeymoon and thought it was a wonderful place to stay. It was great, because we went food shopping at the Publix nearby so we didn't have to eat all of our meals at the parks. The decor is beautiful and it is very spacious and comfortable. We never went to the pool, but we could see it from the lanai. It was very clean if we had time we definitly would have wanted to swim in it. We hope to be able to stay there again!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family