1,848 results
All reviewsflying fishclub levelespn clubpizza windowinnkeepers clubquiet pooldance hallbeach clubthe busworld showcasewalking distance to epcotespn zoneswan dolphinmagic kingdomcrescent lakefunnel cakefood and wine festival
Reviewed 6 September 2011

We absolutely loved the boardwalk inn. It was quiet compared to the other bigger Disney resorts and it was an 8 minute walk to Epcot! We really found the food on the boardwalk to be great and we got an amazing room with a view of the nightly Epcot fireworks. We recommend requesting a room on the top floor if you want to see the fireworks show every night (it is breathtaking). The staff was very courteous and accommodating. The only 1 thing that was not 5 star was that the fire alarm went off every night at 12:30am all 3 nights that we stayed there. On the first night, everyone in the hotel ran out and stood outside. After about 15 minutes, people just started going back inside. We did not hear anything from the staff about it until the next morning when we got a voice message on our machine apologizing. On the 2nd night, the alarm went off again but this time no one left their room - although were awakened and it was not pleasant at all. They again apologized and left a recorded message on our machine in the morning. Overall, worse things can happen and we would highly recommend anyone to stay here! They had a nice quiet pool over right past the garden behind the hotel. It was really beautiful and warm and best of all quiet! Room service (we ordered once) was very quick and had really great food.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank loves2hike30
Reviewed 2 September 2011

I just returned from a family trip to Disney and chose to stay at the Boardwalk for the 3rd time! We stayed on the concierge level, and were greeted by name as soon as we received our luggage from the Magical Express driver. They immediately took us inside and took care of our luggage.(our room wasn't ready-it was only 11:30 am when we arrived). We were then led upstairs to the concierge desk to check in. They had an offer for us, so the manager took the 6 kids to the Innkeepers Lounge for snacks while we discussed the offer. We were offered a single room (two bedroom suite) at the Beach Club, but chose to stay with our two connecting rooms at the Boardwalk. If that doesn't tell you anything about our past experience with the Boardwalk, I don't know what will.

Because we were staying at the Boardwalk they placed a rush on our rooms, and while we were discussing the park info. we got word that one of our rooms was now ready. We finished our discussion and went to the Innkeepers Lounge to gather the kids and head to our room. Jackie in concierge arranged for our luggage to be brought up to our room instead of us having to go back down to bell services and request it ourselves. We were in our room no more than 2-3 minutes and bell services called to make sure that we were there to accept our luggage(we had a card stating how many pieces of luggage we had checked that they needed to verify). Our luggage was then delivered to our room within minutes! Then we were off to the parks! We received a text message before 2:00 that our other room was ready.

Our experiences with Jackie, Anita, and Lorenzo in the Innkeepers Lounge was outstanding! They even nicknamed the kids "the six pack". They always went our of their way to help us any way they could. Whether it was juice boxes, water, or extra snacks-they always went out of their way for us. One day, Lorenzo saw us come in for breakfast and pulled enough chairs over to a table so that we could all sit together! Talk about service-WOW! Anita and Lorenzo even remembered us from last year and were commenting on how much the kids have grown, and what their favorite snacks were. My daughter had a friend along this year, and she commented how great they were and how funny they were. They were always telling us jokes and laughing along with us.

The rooms themselves are clean, and large enough for our family. We had four people in each room, and didn't feel cramped for space. We even had a jogging stroller in each room! We had an issue with a tv in one of the rooms on the first day. I mentioned it to housekeeping, and it was fixed before we returned to our room that night.

I've read on some reviews that people wish the resorts had free wifi- my feelings are if you're on vacation- go on vacation and leave work at home! If you're at the resorts for work, come on- if work is already paying for a deluxe hotel-why wouldn't they also pay for the internet connection?

One of the great things about the Boardwalk is its location. We went to all four parks, and always felt like our hotel was in the middle. We walked to Epcot and Hollywood Studios, and took the bus to Animal Kingdom(the only transportation available) We only had to wait a few minutes for the bus in both directions which was great. We had hopper passes, so we would walk to Epcot and walk over to the monorail and take that to the Magic Kingdom. This is personal choice, but I've noticed that a lot of people don't consider this to be an option.(the only time it doesn't work is during extra magic hours and Epcot isn't open) However, those with strollers might find it helpful because you don't have to fold up the stroller to get on the bus. Two of the kids were sleeping in strollers when we left the Magic Kingdom, but Epcot was closed so we had to take the bus. It would be have sooo much nicer to let them sleep and take the monorail to Epcot and walk back to the Boardwalk.

Overall, the Boardwalk Inn is the only place my family will stay while visiting Disney.(my daughter's friend also said she wouldn't want to stay anywhere else). While all trips are not perfect, our recent stay at the Boardwalk will be hard to top.

Room Tip: Book your room as early and make sure to note any requests. Courtesy-be nice and you may be surprised what you get!
3  Thank Jenny G
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We stayded at the BW Inn with our kids 15, 7, and 4, and payed extra for "Club Level" service. We had a beautiful room overllooking Crescent Lake with a view of the entire Boardwalk. Club Level guests stay only on the fourth floor. The resort is decorated in a lovely early twenties(?) style; very fancy. The service was great, and the club level came with a special lounge ony for CL guests; you need a key to get in. In the AM from 7-10 (6:30 for coffee) there is a large continental breakfast spread with pastries, bagels, cereal, friut and hot oatmeal. From 3-5 there are snacks (pretzles, chips, and drinks such as soda and lemonade), from 5-7 Pm there are wonderful hors douevers (cheeses, crackers, hummus, pitas, olive salad, friuts, potstickers, stuffed grape leaves...) and wine, beer and soda. There are two hot choices each night. Then from 8-10 they offer fancy desserts and cordials. We took advantage of the free dining plan, and with that breakfast is not included, so the breakfast was a great perk! There are many stores and restaurants on the Boardwalk, and it is all lit up at night. They have magicians and different acts each night along the BW. The pool is good sized and has a restaurant there which accepts the dining plan.

We walked to Epcot from there, 10-15 minute walk, and you can also walk to Hollywood Studios, which is about 20 minutes. If you wait for the Disney transportation to take you anywhere, plan on 45 mins. The busses come every 20 minutes, then you probably have to stop at other resorts to get guests. The transportation service is great. My advice is to get to the parks BEFORE THEY OPEN! I think the key to make Disney a stress free trip is to educate youreself, have your dining reservations made well in advance, to allot an hour to get to/from park/resort, and to get up early to arrive at the parks when they open. We returned to the resort after lunch to swim and nap before our dinner at the reserved restaurant. REMEMBER: unless you get Hopper passes, if you make a dining reservation within a park, you HAVE to go to THAT park that day. For example: If you want to eat at MK, you need to have a MK ticket that day. You cant go to MK for the day and have dinner at Epcot that night unless you buy a separate ticket for Epcot or you have a Hopper pass. We did not have Hopper passes....we just had all our ducks in a row and decided in advance which park we were going to that day, then made our dining reservations. Make them ASAP!! Dont forget: if you stay on Disney property you get to take advantage of the Magic Hours at the parks. Look at these hours before you make your dining reservations and plan accordingly!!

I feel like I am a Disney expert at this point after all the research I have done, especailly regarding the Dining Plan. If you have any questions about Disney, the Boardwalk Inn or the Dining Plan, please ask!

38  Thank hgleim
Reviewed 22 August 2011

The staff was very polite. I came back from my trip to Disney about a week ago. I just opened my mail box today, and I found my check book from the lost and found dept at the Board Walk. I didn't even noticed that I had left my check book at this resort. Great customer service..

2  Thank Heidy C
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I shopped and got best rate through expedia, disney vacations was around 900 for two nights got it for543.00. I am season pass holder so did not need tickets. The hotel is first rate, clean, comfortable. Check in went without a flaw.Couldnt ask for a nicer time. Access to all restaurants on boardwalk was great, entertainment, etc. Save up your money and do disney the right way, walk to or boat to epcot walking took 8 minutes booat was 4 minutes. Hotel is right there!!! just shop rate expedia blew away disneys rate!!!!! Booked dolphin for thanksgiving and rate cheaper through statrwood website, disney vacation was more!
Atmosphere is like 1950s america.....sit and relax on boardwalk and have a pizza and take in sights we diod and loved it!

4  Thank STEAMBOATWILLY1