1,863 results
All reviews flying fish club level espn club pizza window innkeepers club quiet pool dance hall beach club the bus world showcase walking distance to epcot espn zone swan dolphin magic kingdom crescent lake funnel cake food and wine festival
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This has been my favorite Disney hotel to date. We stayed in a deluxe room concierge. Our huge room overlooked the boardwalk (we were above the sweetshop). Even with all the people on the boardwalk, it was very quiet. The location was great. We walked to EPCOT and Disney Studios. The busing was excellent to AK and MK and surprisingly not very crowded. The bus stop was also super close to lobby. Concierge check in was a breeze. Everyone I encountered was fabulous. I also enjoyed the daily phone calls to let me know what the weather was going to be and what parks had the extra hours. The Inn Keepers club was excellent. Plenty of choice for breakfast, snack time, pre-dinner and desserts. I loved the fact that I could chocolate covered strawberries every night before bed, if I chose. I enjoyed to the lounge before dinner and having a beer and some veggies and dip. My kids loved the hot offerings they had - very tasty. Turn down service was great and you got salt-water taffies on your pillow instead of chocolates. The pool was very nice and the kids liked the water slide. I also liked the shops on the Boardwalk. We also got to see the Steeplechase Suite - WOW. I have told many friends and I will definitely stay again!!!

Reviewed 8 September 2011

We have been to wdw many times and always stay at a deluxe resort, but this is by far our favourite. The staff was very friendly and ready to assist with every need. They were always reaching in their pockets Ti hand out stickers to the kids. The room was a very comfortable size with enough room for us to park two strollers (one being a double) without having to collapse them. (very helpful at the end of exciting day and a late night when kids have fallen asleep in them). The walk in closet allowed for suitcases to be opened in there without having to mess up the room. Location was the biggest draw for us with easy access to so much dining, a quick boat ride to Disney studios and pleasant walk to epcot. Live the boardwalk atmosphere and taking a walk to the beach club and yatch club resorts. The pool was lots of fun with games and activities run by Disney staff. Definitely would return to this resort!

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 6 September 2011

We absolutely loved the boardwalk inn. It was quiet compared to the other bigger Disney resorts and it was an 8 minute walk to Epcot! We really found the food on the boardwalk to be great and we got an amazing room with a view of the nightly Epcot fireworks. We recommend requesting a room on the top floor if you want to see the fireworks show every night (it is breathtaking). The staff was very courteous and accommodating. The only 1 thing that was not 5 star was that the fire alarm went off every night at 12:30am all 3 nights that we stayed there. On the first night, everyone in the hotel ran out and stood outside. After about 15 minutes, people just started going back inside. We did not hear anything from the staff about it until the next morning when we got a voice message on our machine apologizing. On the 2nd night, the alarm went off again but this time no one left their room - although were awakened and it was not pleasant at all. They again apologized and left a recorded message on our machine in the morning. Overall, worse things can happen and we would highly recommend anyone to stay here! They had a nice quiet pool over right past the garden behind the hotel. It was really beautiful and warm and best of all quiet! Room service (we ordered once) was very quick and had really great food.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank loves2hike30
Reviewed 2 September 2011

I just returned from a family trip to Disney and chose to stay at the Boardwalk for the 3rd time! We stayed on the concierge level, and were greeted by name as soon as we received our luggage from the Magical Express driver. They immediately took us inside and took care of our luggage.(our room wasn't ready-it was only 11:30 am when we arrived). We were then led upstairs to the concierge desk to check in. They had an offer for us, so the manager took the 6 kids to the Innkeepers Lounge for snacks while we discussed the offer. We were offered a single room (two bedroom suite) at the Beach Club, but chose to stay with our two connecting rooms at the Boardwalk. If that doesn't tell you anything about our past experience with the Boardwalk, I don't know what will.

Because we were staying at the Boardwalk they placed a rush on our rooms, and while we were discussing the park info. we got word that one of our rooms was now ready. We finished our discussion and went to the Innkeepers Lounge to gather the kids and head to our room. Jackie in concierge arranged for our luggage to be brought up to our room instead of us having to go back down to bell services and request it ourselves. We were in our room no more than 2-3 minutes and bell services called to make sure that we were there to accept our luggage(we had a card stating how many pieces of luggage we had checked that they needed to verify). Our luggage was then delivered to our room within minutes! Then we were off to the parks! We received a text message before 2:00 that our other room was ready.

Our experiences with Jackie, Anita, and Lorenzo in the Innkeepers Lounge was outstanding! They even nicknamed the kids "the six pack". They always went our of their way to help us any way they could. Whether it was juice boxes, water, or extra snacks-they always went out of their way for us. One day, Lorenzo saw us come in for breakfast and pulled enough chairs over to a table so that we could all sit together! Talk about service-WOW! Anita and Lorenzo even remembered us from last year and were commenting on how much the kids have grown, and what their favorite snacks were. My daughter had a friend along this year, and she commented how great they were and how funny they were. They were always telling us jokes and laughing along with us.

The rooms themselves are clean, and large enough for our family. We had four people in each room, and didn't feel cramped for space. We even had a jogging stroller in each room! We had an issue with a tv in one of the rooms on the first day. I mentioned it to housekeeping, and it was fixed before we returned to our room that night.

I've read on some reviews that people wish the resorts had free wifi- my feelings are if you're on vacation- go on vacation and leave work at home! If you're at the resorts for work, come on- if work is already paying for a deluxe hotel-why wouldn't they also pay for the internet connection?

One of the great things about the Boardwalk is its location. We went to all four parks, and always felt like our hotel was in the middle. We walked to Epcot and Hollywood Studios, and took the bus to Animal Kingdom(the only transportation available) We only had to wait a few minutes for the bus in both directions which was great. We had hopper passes, so we would walk to Epcot and walk over to the monorail and take that to the Magic Kingdom. This is personal choice, but I've noticed that a lot of people don't consider this to be an option.(the only time it doesn't work is during extra magic hours and Epcot isn't open) However, those with strollers might find it helpful because you don't have to fold up the stroller to get on the bus. Two of the kids were sleeping in strollers when we left the Magic Kingdom, but Epcot was closed so we had to take the bus. It would be have sooo much nicer to let them sleep and take the monorail to Epcot and walk back to the Boardwalk.

Overall, the Boardwalk Inn is the only place my family will stay while visiting Disney.(my daughter's friend also said she wouldn't want to stay anywhere else). While all trips are not perfect, our recent stay at the Boardwalk will be hard to top.

Room Tip: Book your room as early and make sure to note any requests. Courtesy-be nice and you may be surprised what you get!
3  Thank Jenny G
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We stayded at the BW Inn with our kids 15, 7, and 4, and payed extra for "Club Level" service. We had a beautiful room overllooking Crescent Lake with a view of the entire Boardwalk. Club Level guests stay only on the fourth floor. The resort is decorated in a lovely early twenties(?) style; very fancy. The service was great, and the club level came with a special lounge ony for CL guests; you need a key to get in. In the AM from 7-10 (6:30 for coffee) there is a large continental breakfast spread with pastries, bagels, cereal, friut and hot oatmeal. From 3-5 there are snacks (pretzles, chips, and drinks such as soda and lemonade), from 5-7 Pm there are wonderful hors douevers (cheeses, crackers, hummus, pitas, olive salad, friuts, potstickers, stuffed grape leaves...) and wine, beer and soda. There are two hot choices each night. Then from 8-10 they offer fancy desserts and cordials. We took advantage of the free dining plan, and with that breakfast is not included, so the breakfast was a great perk! There are many stores and restaurants on the Boardwalk, and it is all lit up at night. They have magicians and different acts each night along the BW. The pool is good sized and has a restaurant there which accepts the dining plan.

We walked to Epcot from there, 10-15 minute walk, and you can also walk to Hollywood Studios, which is about 20 minutes. If you wait for the Disney transportation to take you anywhere, plan on 45 mins. The busses come every 20 minutes, then you probably have to stop at other resorts to get guests. The transportation service is great. My advice is to get to the parks BEFORE THEY OPEN! I think the key to make Disney a stress free trip is to educate youreself, have your dining reservations made well in advance, to allot an hour to get to/from park/resort, and to get up early to arrive at the parks when they open. We returned to the resort after lunch to swim and nap before our dinner at the reserved restaurant. REMEMBER: unless you get Hopper passes, if you make a dining reservation within a park, you HAVE to go to THAT park that day. For example: If you want to eat at MK, you need to have a MK ticket that day. You cant go to MK for the day and have dinner at Epcot that night unless you buy a separate ticket for Epcot or you have a Hopper pass. We did not have Hopper passes....we just had all our ducks in a row and decided in advance which park we were going to that day, then made our dining reservations. Make them ASAP!! Dont forget: if you stay on Disney property you get to take advantage of the Magic Hours at the parks. Look at these hours before you make your dining reservations and plan accordingly!!

I feel like I am a Disney expert at this point after all the research I have done, especailly regarding the Dining Plan. If you have any questions about Disney, the Boardwalk Inn or the Dining Plan, please ask!

38  Thank hgleim