This was our first stay at The Boardwalk and we loved it. Disney staff at their hotels are always exceptional so they hardly need to be commented on. I love the "welcome home" greeting as our luggage is unloaded for us at the check-in doorway and the costume-dressed greeters who have your name on a list and accompany you to the desk to finalize the check in process. It gives me a feeling of being on vacation already, unlike other places which still have that "grayness" around the check-in. Boardwalk is themed around Atlantic City in the 20s & 30s and music & Bright decor reflects the mood of relaxation by the water. The boardwalk itself, outside of the hotel is full of restaurants,cafe's, bakeries etc and is positioned adjacent to the Swan & Dolphin which have fine dining and a host of amenities if you don't find what you're looking for at the Boardwalk. The rooms are bright & sunny, each one with a walk-out balcony, some of which are facing the boardwalk itself which I believe are a premium, as is the concierge level. Or room was placed at the back & was equally as nice, just without the view over the water.
We had ordered a wheelchair accessible room which, by the usual somewhat minimum standard of adherence to ADA, we received. However, it has to be noted by those of you who push your own chairs, that there is only one elevator to take guests to the rooms and the hotel is built in a very linear fashion. Our room was quite a long push from the elevator on thick pile carpet on the hallways. This may be OK for some but not so good for others so it's worth noting. It didn't seem to make much sense having ADA rooms so far from the elevator. That's the only reason I gave the hotel less than an excellent rating. Overall, a great stay and we would certainly go again as long as we could get a room closer to the elevator.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the charm and whimsy of turn-of-the-century Atlantic City at this waterfront Resort hotel. Make a splash at Luna Park Pool and delight in a massage at the state-of-the-art fitness center. Discover carnival games, unique dining and exciting nightlife on the Coney Island-style boardwalk. Strung like saltwater taffy along the shimmering Crescent Lake, Disney's BoardWalk Inn is located within walking distance to both Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's BoardWalk Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Boardwalk Hotel Orlando
- Disney Boardwalk Hotel
- Orlando Boardwalk Inn
- Boardwalk Villa Disneyworld
- Disney Boardwalk Inn
- Disneys Boardwalk Resort
- Disneys Boardwalk Inn Resort
- Disneys Boardwalk Hotel
- Disney's BoardWalk Inn Orlando, Florida