With a few minor exceptions, this trip was absolutely perfect. The location is awesome if you are planning to go to Hollywood Studios and Epcot multiple times throughout your stay. It is really great if you are on the Disney Dining Plan and want to take advantage of the international cuisine in Epcot. We had parkhopper tickets and would go to the other parks during the day then come back and clean up a little and then walk right over into Epcot for dinner.
Check in was a bit confusing but we had a bit of a unique situation (two separate reservations that we had been assured were linked together so we wouldn't have to change rooms). Suffice it to say the reservations were not linked together in the system and the gentleman who checked us in the first night was decidedly unhelpful. He even refused to explain the dining plan to us that night because it didn't go into effect until the next day. I don't see how it made better sense for us to waste our precious park time re-checking in and getting the information the next day. Besides this, and one extremely unhappy and rude boat attendant, everything else was above and beyond our expectations. The check in staff the second day was helpful, friendly, professional, and efficient.
The decor of the resort is very tasteful and authentic. Just a very relaxing environment. The rooms were very nicely appointed and I didn't find them to be worn at all. The bed was comfortable and housekeeping was both friendly and thorough. When I did turn down the AC to warm the room a little, there was a distinct musty smell- so we kept the room colder than we normally would and it was no problem. I really recommend packing a pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt for in the room at night if you tend to get chilly easily.
The common areas of the hotel were immaculate. The pool area was well appointed (I can see how they may run out of chairs though if it was crowded). When we went to the pool there were probably only 20 people there so it was great. The pool bar tender makes a yummy pina colada and the water slide was a lot more fun than I thought it would be. The announcers for the kids activities are a bit annoting. There really is no reason to announce games and contests for the entire pool area to hear when the games are taking place in one tiny corner of the pool. We were there for the slides and the drinks, though, so it didn't bother us.
The fitness room was very well equipped and very modern. The bartender at the lounge in the hotel was very friendly and helpful and also knew how to mix a great drink. There is a small archade right on site. We didn't use the spa, so no comments there.
There was plenty of dining, shopping and entertainment options at the Boardwalk. We ate dinner one night at the Flying Fish and it was INCREDIBLE! The general store on the corner has eveything from relatively reasonably priced groceries to all the Disney gear you could want.
Bell and valet service were readily available and extremely responsive.
Surprisingly we found this trip to be very relaxing (not what I think of when I think Disney) largely because of the hotel and its great staff (with above noted exception). We would definately return and I will recommend this hotel to friends and family without hesitation. We are already looking to book our next stay here. Thank you Disney Boardwalk Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the charm and whimsy of turn-of-the-century Atlantic City at this waterfront Resort hotel. Make a splash at Luna Park Pool and delight in a massage at the state-of-the-art fitness center. Discover carnival games, unique dining and exciting nightlife on the Coney Island-style boardwalk. Strung like saltwater taffy along the shimmering Crescent Lake, Disney's BoardWalk Inn is located within walking distance to both Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Disney's BoardWalk Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Boardwalk Hotel Orlando
- Disney Boardwalk Hotel
- Orlando Boardwalk Inn
- Boardwalk Villa Disneyworld
- Disney Boardwalk Inn
- Disneys Boardwalk Inn Resort
- Disneys Boardwalk Resort
- Disneys Boardwalk Hotel
- Disney's BoardWalk Inn Orlando, Florida