“Nice but poor service. Not worth the money.”

Disney's BoardWalk Inn
Ranked #64 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
“Nice but poor service. Not worth the money.”
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Poor attitude of valet, front desk and concierge has prompted me to cross this hotel off my list. Never again. The hotel is lovely in a great location. The rooms are spotless. We stayed in a two story villa. Clean and spacious. The bed was fair, not what you'd expect for this supposedly luxury hotel. Well stocked toiletries. Nice pleasant housekeeper who was concerned that the room was adequate. Food at this hotel is an issue. In house restaurants are very high priced. There are multiple restaurants attached to the boardwalk, prices and quality varies, but found all sit down restaurants with the exception of ESPN, were in no hurry to seat you telling you it's a 1-2 hr wait, but a good concierge could get you right in. It's a nice hotel, convient to Epcot and MGM , but would recommend going to Yacht and Beach Clib, across the lake or the Grand Floridian. At least they bend over backward to make you feel welcome, as every Disney hotel has in the past. The staff in the valet area, the front desk and the concierge areas all need to go back to the Disney School of Etiquette. I'll never consider stating there again.

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank Ironman1991

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
Reviewed 27 October 2012

We recently spend another indulgent week at Disney's Boardwalk Resort. This is the first time I've ever repeated myself staying at a Disney resort, so this already speaks highly of the property. This was also our second club-level stay, and those aren't cheap at WDW, so we must have had an amazing time during the first go-around to invest that kind of money again. We had just come from a whirlwind weekend at Disney's Beach Club which became my very....very close second favorite, but now, a month after being at home, with time to really think about it, by a tiny smidgen, I prefer the Boardwalk.

Inn and Public Areas:
Disney hits elegance and luxury on the head with this hotel. From the porte cochere to the lobby, to the hallways, the lobby bar and the immaculate grounds, you feel the 1920's-40's Atlantic City theme, but it's never overdone or gaudy. We particularly like the Bellevue Lounge off the lobby and strolling the Boardwalk in the morning is particularly peaceful, while at night, it's a feast for the eyes.

Restaurants:
We've now eaten at all the restaurants at the Boardwalk with the exception of the ESPN Club. I can HIGHLY recommend Flying Fish Cafe, and Kouzzina for breakfast. Leaping Horse Libations is also a highly inspired pool bar.

Pool(s):
Yeah, the clown is a little freaky, but the pool complex is really neat, and again, carries the Boardwalk theming without hitting you over the head with it. The pool always feels refreshing, even in August...which is a feat some Disney hotels can't achieve. After the Beach and Yacht Club, this is my favorite pool. The view from atop the clown slide is also killer. The quiet pool on the Inn side of the property is an oasis of calm and beauty. I love the quiet garden views here.

Staff:
Outstanding...from Patsy our housekeeper, to Jackie, J.J., Anita and Jese in the Innkeepers Club Lounge, to our magnificent server at Flying Fish, to the Bell Services team, the staff here is top notch...with one notable exception...and this almost pushed my star-rating down to 4 instead of 5. For 2 years now, we've arrived at Boardwalk only to be ignored. Their greeting staff is either understaffed, inefficient, or poorly executed in general. Even the cheapest rooms here go for $300+/night, and that price, you should be warmly greeted and not left to flounder for where you need to go upon entering the lobby. The Beach Club, Coronado Springs, The Contemporary and The Grand Floridian have all had excellent greeters....Boardwalk needs to catch up in this department.

Location:
The best...period. The Epcot Resort Loop (BW, Beach Club, Yacht Club, Swan and Dolphin) can not be beat. Walking or boating to Epcot and Hollywood studios is a breeze and we never waited for more than 5 minutes for busses everywhere else.

Rooms:
I love the rooms here. Again...elegant..themed....but understated. The rooms look very luxurious, and the bedding and pillows are first rate. I love the framed old-timey postcards on the wall, and the magnificent artwork depicting how Fantasyland would have looked in the 1920's if it had been around. The bathrooms are gorgeous, and this year, we booked a deluxe room which afforded us a sitting area with a full-sized couch, a 2nd TV and again....a gorgeous view. I could sit on that balcony forever..and ever...and a day.

I can't wait to go back to this first-rate Disney property again and again.

Room Tip: Pay for a water-view room if you can afford it, and if that's not in the cards, ask for a view o...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank HandGsDad
Midwest
Reviewed 27 October 2012

I had the opportunity to stay at Disney's Boardwalk Inn at the beginning of October, 2012. I've visited this resort hotel in the past, while friends stayed here, but never had the opportunity to spend the night.
All the Disney's resort hotels are charming and themed and The Boardwalk Inn is no different; reminiscent of the Atlantic City boardwalk in days gone by. The atmosphere to the rear of the resort, where the actual boardwalk is located, is active and lively. There is certainly no lack of restaurants, shops and clubs. But the biggest plus in staying at this resort is the proximity to Epcot and the Hollywood Studios; you can walk to both. My travel party and I walked to Epcot and it took no more than 10 minutes; it was wonderful.
The room that I stayed in was lovely. While it was a Standard Room, it had loads of extra space in it; being on a curved portion of the building allotted for the room to be more of a pie shape instead of a rectangle. This shape gave the room lots of extra space at the foot of the bed area. The room was decorated in a pleasant color scheme and most importantly, it was clean. The bathroom, too was clean, with a double sink outside the actual shower/ toilet area, so other members of a travel party could still get ready if someone were using the shower. My room overlooked a quiet pool and it was that...quiet. The only draw back to this room was that is was quite a haul to walk to the lobby area or the main pool area.
I would recommend this resort without a second thought and hope to stay there again sometime in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank trvlwithmonica
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 27 October 2012

My family and I come to Disney on a regular basis, and this was our first time at Boardwalk Inn. We usually stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge, which we love, but we just wanted to try somewhere else this trip. Overall we loved Boardwalk Inn!

The proximity to Epcot was my favorite aspect; it took only 10 minutes to walk from the hotel to the Epcot gates. If you don't feel like walking, you can also take the boat from the hotel, which probably takes a little more than 10 minutes. The walkway to Epcot and the boat from the hotel take you to the same place: the International Showcase part of Epcot, in between UK and France.

With Boardwalk Inn, you can also walk to Hollywood Studios, which I did not do. It looked to be a little longer of a walk than it is to Epcot, but it didn't look bad. The boat is an option here as well. Just a tip on coming back from Hollywood Studios on the boat: since the boat will stop at the Swan/Dolphin first (hotels next door), you can get off the boat at this stop, and it's a really short walk to the Boardwalk from there. Or, of course you can stay on board for another 10-15 minutes or so. I preferred to get out and walk - much faster.

The hotel itself is nice, and I loved the theming. However, I think it's looking a little worn in areas, especially the bathroom in our room. Our room was definitely clean though. We had a small balcony and we overlooked the water and the boardwalk. The little we were in the room, we'd continually hear the boat horn, but it's all part of the ambiance. At night it gets loud with the crowds on the boardwalk, and while this didn't bother us (again, ambiance), if you think this would be an issue for you, I'd recommend not booking this room type.

There's a "general store" right on the boardwalk, which sells bottled drinks, snacks, Disney clothes, stuffed animals, etc. There are several restaurant options on the Boardwalk, and our favorite was the walk-up pizza window, where you can get a slice or a whole pizza (and they also had draft beer). There are plenty of tables and benches all along the boardwalk, and there's always great people-watching. At night they have some performers on the boardwalk, which always drew a crowd.

The bus stop out front of the hotel is your typical Disney hotel bus stop, for service to the parks. Wait time and crowd size is typical of any of the Disney hotels, and it varies greatly depending on time of year, day, etc. Like with the boat options, we found that if you're on a bus heading back to Boardwalk Inn, and it stops at the Swan/Dolphin first, we'd just get off the bus there, and walk back to the Boardwalk, instead of staying on the bus while it made several more stops (which can take awhile). It's a huge time-saver, and the walk isn't bad at all, since the hotel is right next door.

Overall we absolutely loved the Boardwalk. The proximity to 2 of the parks is a huge factor for us, and this more than cancels out any so-so things I thought about our room. We loved the boardwalk area, with all of the restaurants, as well. Boardwalk will almost definitely be our #1 choice when we return to Disney next year.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank atljs
Newburyport, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Was not sure that my husband and I were going to like the Boardwalk Resort but to our surprise it was a wonderful stay. The area is easy access to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios. We had a room that overlooked the boardwalk area and the lagoon. Hotel was clean and everyone was friendly and helpful. Cannot wait for our next stay here, it is now on our top 3 resorts at Disney.

Room Tip: We had a boardwalk view but later moved to a standard view. The standard view overlooked the front...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank GITRNRUP
Dedham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I love visiting The Boardwalk while I'm in Disney, but the biggest complaint I have for staying there is that there are no separate restaurants for resort guests only. You have to go down to the boardwalk to get breakfast, or a drink. Other than that, I love this place! You can walk to Epcot in under 10 minutes!! I was not happy with my room because it was on the first floor near the smoking area, and you could smell it. But I was here on business, and hardly spent any time in my room. Had I been here for pleasure, I would have asked for a new room. The service is wonderful, and in all Disney Resorts.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank JNow917
New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 October 2012

The Boardwalk Inn (As well as the Beach Yacht Club) are located between Epcot & Disney Studios...you can walk to each if you like or take a frequent boat.. Plenty of dining choices and the hotel is probably a bit more adult oriented. We had total peace. Just try to make sure you get a room closer to the lobby, those halls can get very long if you are at the extreme ends and when you are dragging your feet at the end of a day that is not what you want.

Room Tip: Stay closer to the lobby unless you love long walks, you have to go to the center to get down to the...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple