“Great location, problem with sugar ants in bathroom sink area”

Disney's BoardWalk Inn
Ranked #69 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 21 November 2012

We chose the Boardwalk for its location and without a doubt, the location was fantastic. It was easy to walk to Epcot, and/or take the boat to Epcot or Hollywood Studios. About 8 minutes dock to dock. The hotel had a lovely atmosphere and the rooms were spacious and comfortable. We had a problem with sugar ants in the bathroom sink area. I called to have this problem addressed and the staff came up fairly quickly. They did something but it did not get rid of the ants. We had to keep all our personal care items, such as hairbrushes and toothbrushes, away from this area. I really loved the area and would consider staying there again; however, I hope they address the problem with ants.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank drgesq

Reviewed 15 November 2012

This is one of the best resorts if planning on visiting Disney Parks! Walking distance to Epcot and Hollywood Studios and a quick monorail ride to Magic Kingdom. The rooms are lovely and comfortable. The hotel staff is very accomodating and friendly. One of the best hotels at Disney!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dawn C
Reviewed 13 November 2012

My husband and I stayed here for the Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend. The Boardwalk Inn was one of the host resorts and it was perfectly situated for the weekends activities. As a Deluxe Resort, the Boardwalk Inn is very comfortable. The theming is gorgeous. The grounds are very beautiful.The ability to walk to both Epcot and Hollywood studios makes the price of the Boardwalk worth it, especially during the Food and Wine festival. The one negative about the Boardwalk would be that the bus service is pretty abysmal. The buses coming to the resort are apparently not on any set schedule. They arrive randomly and very far apart. My husband and I did everything we could to avoid having to take a bus at all. We took the monorail from Epcot to MK and the only places we could not avoid the bus was Animal Kingdom and Downtown Disney. Animal Kingdom wasn't too bad, but the ride back from Downtown Disney took almost TWO HOURS start to finish. It was crazy. Having to share the bus with Swan and Dolphin made the rides long, but the Downtown Disney route was truly unacceptable. I'm sure this isn't the norm, but there is no way such a thing should have occurred. Thanks to the location of the Boardwalk we were able to hop on the Yacht and Beach Club bus if it happened to arrive first as the those resorts are just a quick walk from the Boardwalk. Aside from the bus service we truly enjoyed our stat at Boardwalk Inn. I am spoiled forever and will not be able to stay away. We are currently looking at buying DVC at Beach Club!! (I also heard tell the main pool at Boardwalk is wonderful. I myself did not see it as a I have a severe clown phobia and the idea of seeing small children belched out of the mouth of a giant demonic clown was not something I wanted to subject myself to. I'm sure it's enjoyable for those without that fear! ;) )

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2012

On this trip to Wally World, we decided to step it up in the accommodations department instead of the usual International Drive flop houses. I would say the step up was well worth it, as this happens to be one of the nicer Disney properties, without being a total budget buster. Most surprising was the fact that this is a 900 room property, but it only feels about 1/5 that size.
We decided to self-park, as the brother in law who arrived several hours before us said the valet guy had a major attitude. Self parking was easy, albeit a bit of a trek. We arrived well before check in time, and there was a greeter who ushered us to the check in desk. I was expecting a time share selljob, but I guess I'm a little jaded as this never happened. Check in was fast and friendly, and no issues with getting into our room 3 hours early. The room was uber-clean and updated, and free internet ( yay!). We had an inner view, but who cares as we didn't come to spend much time in the hotel. The view was fine, and the hotel is very comfy.
The best part is having the action right at your doorstep. The boardwalk brings you some good dining choices, and a 5 minute stroll brings you to the back exit of Epcot ( right by Jolly Olde England). This is the best way to enter Epcot, no lines, and no crowds. Buy your ticket and step right up. Just remember that the countries don't open until 11 am, although the park opens at 9am. If you come early, go up to the front and get your fast pass for Soarin, and then make your restaurant reservations at the Guest Services location by the big "golf ball". Make sure you reserve the new Italian place for lunch and Chinese for dinner. Both are reasonably priced and well staffed, with great food. If you try and show up without a reservation ( particularly between 12-2pm) you will likely not get in, and end up eating the usual fast food slop.
The best part is that once you've walked around the world a few times, you're just a short walk back to your hotel, or if you're really rubber legged, you can take a boat right as you walk out of Epcot and cruise straight up to your hotel.
Bus service to the Magic Kingdom is right out the front of the hotel, about every 20 minutes. The bus brings you right to the main entrance,and you really can't beat that.
If you can swing the extra money to stay on the Boardwalk, I highly recommend it. It is both relaxing and convenient, and will make your vacation that much more memorable!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank onedumgoy
Reviewed 8 November 2012

I selected the Boardwalk for my stay because it was one of the two Deluxe resorts I had not stayed in yet and because it is within walking distance of Epcot and Hollywood Studios. The ability to go back to your room, say for a jacket in the evening, without it being a two hour process on Disney transportation is a huge advantage.
The Boardwalk decor makes me think of a well-to-do Great Aunt's seaside house (lots of antique knickknacks on display) but it manages to come across as cheerful and inviting. At the end of my hallway was a cute sitting area with chairs worthy of a curl up with a good book and a tea service cart. The main pool has a carnval theme with elephants spouting water, a carousel themed snack bar, and a water slide that exits through a clown face (personally, I find clowns kind of creepy but I'm sure the intention was cheerful). Even at the fitness center the walls have yellow and red stripes and the weight machines are upholstered in bright blue.
Speaking of the fitness center, it was fairly decent for a hotel gym. There were 4 elipticals, 4 treadmills, 1 stair climber, 3 cyles, 2 sets of free weights, and other various machines. There was also a sauna and a steam room but these (as well as the bathrooms) were locked when I was there at 5am. You can easily use the path around Cresent Lake or the path to Hollywood Studios for jogging.
My room was in the main building so I had easy access to the Boardwalk area, the bus service station, etc. When I went downstairs to check out the quiet pool for my area I found it in a peaceful courtyard surrounded by cottage suites that looked like they were specifically designed for honeymooners. Each had a picket fence with a trellis and a gate design with roses or doves. Very charming.
While there is not restaurant within the resort itself, you can get morning rolls and coffee at the Belle Vue Lounge. There are plenty of eating options on the Boardwalk or at the other nearby Epcot Resorts. The Boardwalk also has an area with carnival type games and street performers in the evening.
The only disadvantage I experienced was the shared bus service with other resorts. The multiple stops can really eat up time. It seems to me that if you are paying to stay in a Deluxe Resort, a bus service exclusive to your resort should be de rigueur.
Of all the Epcot Resorts, I found the Boardwalk to have the most character, the best access to Epcot and Hollywood Studios, and the most variety of entertainments. I find it highly likely that I will return.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank IMBELLE
Reviewed 5 November 2012

A package deal is the way to go for all the seperate costs of dinning, park passes and hotel stays. We hadn't been to Disney in a few years and things had changed a lot, water shuttle to Epcot and Disney studios was a big help. Rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable with a patio. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are close to Front desk.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Had a great room with balcony view of epcot fireworks each night. We walked into epcot & took the boat back. We like this hotel better than yaht & beach club hotels because their hallways are dark, creepy & maze-like. The boardwalk is bright, cheery, & modern. Check in desk lady was blahh - not the usual really happy, friendly Disney employee. There was another disney guest at the desk with a problem & the desk staff wasn't very happy or friendly to him either. The self park is a pain, but most of these deluxe Disney resorts are - long walks & we drag our luggage along because it seems that trying to check in early that the rooms are never ready - leave luggage in car until room is ready. The quiet pool was WONDERFULL - went out to the pool every night - clean, quiet, towels available at pool, nice modern clean restrooms, warm water & had a jacuzzi too! ESPN zone was fun - but pricey - great grilled fish sandwich - no beer specials.

Room Tip: Get the least expensive room & enjoy the views by the pools or boardwalk
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple