“Great central location within Disney..”

Disney's BoardWalk Inn
Ranked #62 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Muscle Shoals, Alabama
“Great central location within Disney..”
Reviewed 26 April 2013

The room was better than I expected honestly. It had everything we needed. The staff treated my little girl like a princess. Very easy walk to Epcot. We all had a great time and my little girl said the other day she wants to go back to Disneyworld.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jomboy78

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (452)
Framingham, MA
Reviewed 24 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 6 nights, with a family of 5. Plenty of room for us all. Bathroom layout is wonderful The pull out day bed was ideal for my 14 year old daughter. Had a water view with a balcony looking right over the ESPN Zone restaurant. It was fairly noisy at night because of this, so if you want a quiet room do not choose a water view room. Plus in the morning the staff drive golf carts over the wooden boardwalk so you hear noises in the morning too! Our room was closest to the Epcot back entrance which we loved. Literally a 5 minute walk over the bridge and voila you are at Epcot. Our 12 and 14 year olds preferred Epcot so this location was fantastic for us. The pizza window below us accepts the Disney meal plan so that was a hidden gem. We will definitely go back but ask for a garden view room near the "quiet pool" next time.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank anonymous5
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 24 April 2013

First time to Disney and it was for a work conference. You can take the Disney Magic Express from and to the airport for free.

Upon arrival you are greeted by friendly helpful "cast members". There is a 1920's motif. Room was in nice condition. Plenty big enough, flat screen TV, with a balcony.

There are restaurants on the Boardwalk, ESPN Zone being one of them. In the evening there were street performers that were very entertaining.

It is close to Epcot Center, 5 min walk. My wife and granddaughter were with me and went to Epcot while I was in meetings. They loved it. We met up after meetings and had dinner at the China pavilion in Epcot. Afterwards we were escorted to prime location to watch the fireworks over the water. "WOW"!

Buses are available, free, to take you to other attractions that Disney offers.

The staff are some of the nicest friendliest I have ever had the pleasure to experience. The maid service was outstanding in the fact that they were efficient and courteous. Our room never lacked being taken care of.

Because I was there for a conference, special rates were in effect. I believe it is normally over $400 per night according to their website.

All in all, a pleasant experience and worth the stay.

1 Thank David T
North Carolina
Reviewed 23 April 2013

My husband and I stayed at Disney's Boardwalk Inn 2 nights in April, 2013 for my husband's business conference. This place offers rooms and suites. It's in a beautiful place and is a beautiful resort. It's right next to a marina/waterway and is walking distance to Epcot. I mean REALLY walking distance to Epcot, along a beautiful water trail - less than your typical tram walk.

We had an accessible king room and everything was very nice and in great working order. We were two doors from the elevator and never heard any noise.

The only bad thing I can say about this place is .... there's a severe lacking of food facilities. I only saw one restaurant which was not open all day. There are eateries on the boardwalk but they don't open till 11:30. I guess it's because this resort actually caters to business meetings, which typically supply you with meals so you aren't in the resort looking for food like, say if you were staying at a value resort.

I recommend this resort to anyone. I recommend any of the Disney resorts to anyone. We've stayed at many of them.

The fitness center seemed nice, although I didn't use it. We did use the shower area. It was very nice but my shower had a clogged drain, which overflowed the entire floor in about 30 seconds. I was unable to properly shower because I was standing in water. When I mentioned it to the staff, the woman told me she knew it was an issue and they were waiting for a part to fix the drain. Hello? Hang a sign up.

1 Thank lasoul
Long Island, NY
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I LOVE this hotel. It is just simply a great place to experience the Disney magic. Our family of 5 (kids, 8, 6 and 3) took our 3rd trip to the Boardwalk in February. We stay club level, but this year booked the standard club instead of the deluxe. I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived and found that we were still facing the water. This room was only slightly smaller than the deluxe and was still more than enough room for us. I still feel club level is the BEST way for a large family to do Disney. No hassle about breakfast, just get dressed, grab a bite and some tea or coffee and your out the door in less than half an hour off to the parks. Snacks and beverages all day, including beer and evian. Our kids still love the sliced apples and caramel. Actually all of the food in the lounge is always delicious. This year the Luna Park pool was closed during our stay, which needless to say is one of the best parts of the hotel. But they golf carted us over to the Beach and Yacht Club all day and night to enjoy that pool which is also pretty awesome so I have no complaints. When you visit Disney, expecially in the winter, you have to expect that something you love will be closed for refurbishment. The Bakery was also closed, but they had a small Bakery kiosk open on the Boardwalk. And this year there was a margarita kiosk, amazing!

This was our first year doing Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and the Pirate's League. Some tips... We always visit Disney the same week, the week after President's Day, as we drive from NY and like to take our time and we can't stand the parks when they are crowded. So last year I set my iphone to beep 180 days out from that week and called at 7:00am that day in August to book Bibbiddi Bobbiddi, the Pirate's League and Cinderella's Royal Table. It was totally worth the extra money ($60 for BBB and $50 for PL, we bought our costumes at the Disney outlet prior to the trip). The girls had the best time dressing up, my son loved being a pirate all day and CRT was actually a lot of fun and the food was pretty good. Book the experiences for early in the morning, ours were at 8:45am, BEFORE the park opens. You just go up to the rope and tell them that you have reservations. Walking through MK early inthe morning before the crowds descended was pretty awesome. The kids still had thier makeup and costumes on when we exited the park at 9pm.

My 3 year old was tall enough this year for Kali River Rapids AND Star Tours which she was so proud of it's rediculous. We ate at our old stand-bys, Hollywood and Vine, The Flying Fish, Yak n Yeti.

Some new trys for us - the poolside counter at the Beach and Yacht Club was delicious and the kids meals are served in a sand pail, super cute. Voyage of the Little Mermaid was great. We avoided the crowds this year and watched MK fireworks from Frontierland. This is the BEST place to watch fireworks, you can't see tinkerbell up close, but it's still so much more beautiful sitting down in front of the water than standing in a crowd in front of the castle. We booked the kids one night at the Sandcasle Club over at the Beach and Yacht Club and went back to Epcot for some adult time - and beer! It was superfun and the kids were well fed, well cared for and entertained the whole time.

I'm not a huge Disney-file. I actually resent that so many items in my home are stamped with their tradmark. But as busy working parents, there just is no better way to relax and simply enjoy your children's company than Disney World. We go camping several times a year and have fun, but mommy and daddy are still working hard to set up kyaks and fishing poles, bbq dinner, clean up dishes, and sticky marshmellow sticks. Sometimes you need to just be without any responsibilities and enjoy each other's company and the Boardwalk Inn really just exceeds our epectaitons even on our third trip there.

Note, I am giving them a 5 for Value, because I believe that we actually save money takign a family of 5 and staying club level over buying breakfast, snacks and beer.

Room Tip: Club level is the best option for large families.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank jenniferjenk
Montpellier, France
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I was there for a conference. So not necessary the nicest place to relax after a day of work, but if you want to visit the attractions, the location is pretty good. The room was big but outdated. In terms of restaurant, you have a few options next to the hotel. We tested the Kouzzina where food was good and service ok. For the breakfast we only went for the continental option which was relatively expensive for the quality.

1 Thank Polo67FR
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 April 2013

This was our first stay at the Boardwalk Inn and we thought it was a very pleasant place. Our studio room was very attractive, except for having a wheelchair-accessible bathroom. We did not need that, and had not requested it, but were told that it was all that was available. We did not like the shower arrangement, and the bathroom seemed in need of some freshening. Other than that, the property is quite attractive. I used the fitness center, and it is well-equipped and very nice. The Boardwalk shops and views are very nice as well.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple