“Dream Honeymoon!”

Ranked #65 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Jessica_527
“Dream Honeymoon!”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Stayed 10 nights and requested a garden view room in the standard room category. We received our request and had a beautiful view of the garden suites. The room was clean, beautifully decorated, and the service staff was amazing. We received excellent service upon arrival, were greeted by name and showed to our room right away. It is an excellent location, within 15 minute walk to Hollywood Studios and <10 minute walk to Epcot. There is also boat transportation to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. The bus transportation to the parks is the only disappointment as it shares with the other resorts (Swan, Dolphin, Beach Club & Yacht Club). One easy was to get around this is exit the bus at Swan and walk back to Boardwalk. The pool options were excellent. Looking forward to another trip here soon!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jessica_527

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (456)
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We stayed, once again, concierge level. I wanted a non-adjoining room, and our first room granted was not that. He was able to switch it to a room right outside the concierge room- so it was a great location overlooking the boardwalk. One thing I didn't realize, which I should have so it's my fault, is that on a weekend night, you will hear the noise from the boardwalk-especially if you have loud party goers out there. My bad. However, the rooms were clean, and the service in the concierge was great, as usual.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
South Hamilton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 April 2013

The Boardwalk Inn completely exceeded all of our expectations. From the moment we arrived, the staff was friendly and helpful. Disney really knows how to give good customer service, and it's apparent here. I really liked the decor - 1920's Atlantic City-style resort, with minimal Mickeys. I saw kids around, but I think the guests definitely skew more towards adults.

The location is perfect. It's a five minute walk to Epcot, but the resort itself is a great place to spend time when you need a little time away from the parks. The Boardwalk is a lot of fun, with great restaurants, dance clubs, shops, photo booths, funnel cakes, etc. We rented bicycles for two and had a great time riding around the lake.

I was really surprised by how quiet the room was - we never heard anyone else. Our room overlooked a little garden area, which was really peaceful - I imagine it would be a little louder if you faced the Boardwalk. We didn't use the gym, but it was fully equipped and immaculate.

This place would be my first choice to stay the next time I'm back at Disney.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Caitlin_aka_CJ
Reviewed 27 April 2013 via mobile

This was our first time staying at the Boardwalk Inn (Wilderness Lodge prior visits). The room was nice and the location was great. Being close to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios was a big plus. Unfortunately we were in a room that was far from the elevators and there was no short cut. After a long day at the parks the walk to the room seemed forever. Unlike Wilderness Lodge where all of the restaurants were in the main building, you had to go out on the Boardwalk to get a meal; rain or shine. There is a small place in the main building but food selection was limited. However, restaurants on the Boardwalk were good. Wasn't impressed with Housekeeping. They knocked over an action figure my son bought, broke one of the accessories it came with and left both on the floor. I mentioned this to the front desk staff but they didn't seem to care. Also, one of the sink drains was very slow. I left a note for Housekeeping and mentioned this to the Front desk staff but nothing was done.
Pools were good, both the fun pool (complete with water slide finishing by shooting out of a clown's mouth) and the serenity pool. Overall a good stay. If you decide to stay at the Boardwalk Inn ask for a room close to the elevators; you'll be glad you did!

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Muscle Shoals, Alabama
Reviewed 26 April 2013

The room was better than I expected honestly. It had everything we needed. The staff treated my little girl like a princess. Very easy walk to Epcot. We all had a great time and my little girl said the other day she wants to go back to Disneyworld.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jomboy78
Framingham, MA
Reviewed 24 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 6 nights, with a family of 5. Plenty of room for us all. Bathroom layout is wonderful The pull out day bed was ideal for my 14 year old daughter. Had a water view with a balcony looking right over the ESPN Zone restaurant. It was fairly noisy at night because of this, so if you want a quiet room do not choose a water view room. Plus in the morning the staff drive golf carts over the wooden boardwalk so you hear noises in the morning too! Our room was closest to the Epcot back entrance which we loved. Literally a 5 minute walk over the bridge and voila you are at Epcot. Our 12 and 14 year olds preferred Epcot so this location was fantastic for us. The pizza window below us accepts the Disney meal plan so that was a hidden gem. We will definitely go back but ask for a garden view room near the "quiet pool" next time.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank anonymous5
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 24 April 2013

First time to Disney and it was for a work conference. You can take the Disney Magic Express from and to the airport for free.

Upon arrival you are greeted by friendly helpful "cast members". There is a 1920's motif. Room was in nice condition. Plenty big enough, flat screen TV, with a balcony.

There are restaurants on the Boardwalk, ESPN Zone being one of them. In the evening there were street performers that were very entertaining.

It is close to Epcot Center, 5 min walk. My wife and granddaughter were with me and went to Epcot while I was in meetings. They loved it. We met up after meetings and had dinner at the China pavilion in Epcot. Afterwards we were escorted to prime location to watch the fireworks over the water. "WOW"!

Buses are available, free, to take you to other attractions that Disney offers.

The staff are some of the nicest friendliest I have ever had the pleasure to experience. The maid service was outstanding in the fact that they were efficient and courteous. Our room never lacked being taken care of.

Because I was there for a conference, special rates were in effect. I believe it is normally over $400 per night according to their website.

All in all, a pleasant experience and worth the stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business