This was our first trip to WDW and our family of 4 stayed at a base room for 9 nights (July 15 - 24). We decided to stay at one of the Epcot resorts to have the accessibility of walking to Epcot and Hollywood studios which is most definitely why you pay more for these resorts - we could not believe how close they were. FYI if you are searching one of the epcot resorts you will get the same accessibility by staying at Yacht Club, Beach Club, Dolphin, and Swan resorts.
Check in was quick and easy. We requested a room close to the lobby to be centrally located - so we were never too far away from anything. The rooms had queen size beds and were large enough for the amount of time we spent in them. I was a bit disappointed with the amount of storage space, but we made it work. I was also disappointed that the in room mini fridges did not keep our food cold - we had bought a few groceries for breakfast and the milk was not kept cool enough (although we tried adjusting) so it went bad after 4 days. But other than that no complaints about the rooms.
All in all we know that we were paying more for the location of the resort and we would pay that premium again. The rooms could be a bit larger for the price but we really aren't their any amount of time anyhow.
The boardwalk is a great way to end your day - it is so nice to go out and have a drink or ice cream on the boardwalk after a long day. We did wish that it stayed open until midnight however - often we would get back to the resort right before 11 and everything would be closed. But, that is my personal preference.
The pool area is nice - not too large so you always know where your kids are. They also have life jackets free to use and some organized pool activities. There is a waterslide that my kids enjoyed and as an added bonus you can see the Hollywood Studios fireworks from the top stairs of the slide.
If you want a cheap meal (which is sometimes hard to come by in Disney) you can get a large pizza for around $20. They also have a deep fry place serving "boardwalk" fare - corn dogs, hot dogs, fries, burgers - all made fresh when you order them. And the funnel cakes were really good too!
We decided when doing Disney location is key for us. So, we would either stay at one of the epcot or Magic Kingdom resorts realizing you pay more for the convenience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the charm and whimsy of turn-of-the-century Atlantic City at this waterfront Resort hotel. Make a splash at Luna Park Pool and delight in a massage at the state-of-the-art fitness center. Discover carnival games, unique dining and exciting nightlife on the Coney Island-style boardwalk. Strung like saltwater taffy along the shimmering Crescent Lake, Disney's BoardWalk Inn is located within walking distance to both Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, TravelUp and Cancelon so you can book your Disney's BoardWalk Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Boardwalk Hotel Orlando
- Disney Boardwalk Hotel
- Orlando Boardwalk Inn
- Boardwalk Villa Disneyworld
- Disney Boardwalk Inn
- Disneys Boardwalk Hotel
- Disneys Boardwalk Inn Resort
- Disneys Boardwalk Resort
- Disney's BoardWalk Inn Orlando, Florida