We spent 4 nights at Disney’s Boardwalk Inn recently. Previously, we’ve stayed on property at a moderate resort, but on this trip we wanted to try a deluxe resort. After exploring all our options, we chose the Boardwalk because of its atmosphere and the proximity to so many other resorts and parks.
We arrived very early in the morning to check in and went immediately to the online check in counter. (We had checked in on line before we ever left home!) We were greeted immediately by a very friendly cast member who had our welcome packet waiting for us. She explained the dining plan, gave us our keys and we were on our way within minutes.
Our room was great – comfortable, nice size, plenty of closet space and shelf space, nice flat screen TV, couch, small balcony overlooking a courtyard. You could even see Spaceship Earth and the Eiffel Tower over at Epcot. The bathroom setup was very practical – two sinks with lots of shelf space outside the bathroom. In the bathroom was the toilet and shower/tub. With three adults in one room, this arrangement allowed us to get ready very efficiently in the mornings and still have privacy in the bathroom.
The main resort pool was closed for refurbishment so we used one of the quiet pools. It was indeed quiet -- a simple, nice sized pool in one of the courtyards. It was all we needed for a cool relaxing dip in the pool followed by a warm soak in the hot tub after a day of playing at the parks.
The Boardwalk itself is an enjoyable atmosphere. A few shops and places to eat. It’s a nice place for a stroll. You can rent a surrey bike (quadricycle) and go for a ride around the lake. There’s a dance hall and a dueling piano bar. All in all, a very fun atmosphere for a hotel.
The location is excellent! From our room, we were a very easy 5 minute walk to Epcot’s rear entrance right between England and France in the World Showcase. We were also about a 15-20 minute walk along a dedicated path to the Hollywood Studios. Just across the lake are the Yacht Club and Beach Club Resorts, along with the Swan and Dolphin hotels. You can even walk to one of Disney’s miniature golf courses. Having so much clustered in one area provided many great things to do. We went to the Dolphin for dinner at Schula’s one night. You could easily go to Beaches and Cream (an ice cream parlor) over at the Beach Club. And… if you want to save your walking for the theme parks, they run boats regularly between the resorts and theme parks at the Boardwalk. So you can ride to Epcot or Hollywood Studios and back (or any of the neighboring resorts). That convenience to two of Disney’s theme parks and other resorts was a HUGE perk of staying at the Boardwalk!
The only real downside to staying at the Boardwalk is the lack of a good counter service restaurant. There are plenty of good full-service options, but we often didn’t want to spend that kind of money. And the proximity to two theme parks and other resorts means that you can enjoy their dining options with relative ease. But so many of Disney’s other resorts have great counter service restaurants that offer a variety of foods and less expensive options than the full-service places. We missed that at the Boardwalk. That would be our only real suggestion to improve the Boardwalk – offer a good counter service place to eat. Because of that, there really wasn’t a good quick and inexpensive place for breakfast or an evening meal.
Sadly, there just wasn’t enough time to enjoy it all. We never got to enjoy the health club or any of the restaurants. It’s Disney… so went spent most of our days at the theme parks and other attractions. But we would certainly go back to the Boardwalk again and look forward to staying there for longer someday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the charm and whimsy of turn-of-the-century Atlantic City at this waterfront Resort hotel. Make a splash at Luna Park Pool and delight in a massage at the state-of-the-art fitness center. Discover carnival games, unique dining and exciting nightlife on the Coney Island-style boardwalk. Strung like saltwater taffy along the shimmering Crescent Lake, Disney's BoardWalk Inn is located within walking distance to both Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Disney's BoardWalk Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Boardwalk Hotel Orlando
- Disney Boardwalk Hotel
- Orlando Boardwalk Inn
- Boardwalk Villa Disneyworld
- Disney Boardwalk Inn
- Disneys Boardwalk Inn Resort
- Disneys Boardwalk Hotel
- Disneys Boardwalk Resort
- Disney's BoardWalk Inn Orlando, Florida