As repeat visitors to Disney and travelers in general, let me say first that we see and rate Disney property Deluxe hotels differently than, say, we do the Ritz, Seasons, etc. Disney hotels handle an unbelievable number of people, many of them families with children. For this reason alone, they have quite a challenge in maintaining the hallways and rooms. Because we have a 6-year-old and a 2-year-old, we are sympathetic and tend to look past scratches on the furniture, imperfect carpet, etc. None of the Deluxe hotels at Disney are true five-star hotels. You are paying in large part for the proximity to the parks, with the MK being seen as the most desirable, and the Disney "factor". But that's fine with us. We got over it a long time ago and still believe that staying on property at a Disney resort is part of the quintessential experience.
All that said, we agree that the halls and rooms at the Beach Club could use some improvement, but we enjoyed our stay (the second there for us) in early October. The feel is comparable to the Grand Floridian and in our opinion is a better value for most families, given the proximity to two parks and the outstanding pool (which is the best at any hotel we've ever been to).
Kudos to Chris at the Concierge desk. On our last day, we took the boat back from Hollywood Studios to the hotel with only minutes to spare before our Magic Express bus was leaving. I realized that I'd left a bag of merchandise on the boat. Chris called transportation and within minutes verified that the bag was found. He offered to run down to Epcot to retrieve it for me himself. We had to board the bus right then, so Chris said he would send it directly to our home at their expense. Four days later, the package arrived. Truly magical (and money-saving). Thank you, Chris!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the casual elegance of this charming, New England-style Resort hotel. Savor exquisite dining, and explore the pools, lagoons and spas of Stormalong Bay. Sail around Crescent Lake on a rented mini-powerboat, and experience the luxurious comfort of a Club Level Suite. Sharing many amenities with its more formal sister, Disney's Yacht Club Resort, Disney's Beach Club Resort is walking distance to Epcot and a convenient boat ride to Disney's Hollywood Studios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Disney's Beach Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Beach Club Hotel Orlando
- Disney Beach Club Resort
- Disney Beach Resort
- Beach Club Orlando
- Disneys Beach Hotel
- Disneys Beach Club Resort
- Disneys Beach Resort
- Disneys Yacht Beach Club Resort
- Disney's Beach Club Resort Orlando, Florida