Disney's Beach Club Resort
US$288
US$228
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$154
US$213
US$176
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$154
Agoda.com
US$100
US$94
Rosen Centre Hotel(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$373
US$281
US$346
US$255
  • Restaurant
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$222
US$185
Orbitz.com
US$720
US$516
Travelocity
2,903 results
All reviewscape may cafehollywood studiosstormalong bayclub levelsandy bottomlazy riverworld showcasebeaches creamcharacter breakfastminute walk to epcotmagic kingdominternational gatewayboardwalk areathe busday bedyachtsman steakhousea short boat ride
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 November 2013

This is a great hotel at Disney World's complex. A little bit pricey, but this happens with all Disney hotels. You'll end up paying a little bit more for the convenience of being located inside the complex, with access to free transportation and a lot of benefits from Disney. One big draw of this hotel is the fact that you can walk (less than 5 minutes) to Epcot, to an entrance with almost zero wait, right beside France. Also, you can walk to The Boardwalk and have a nice breakfast of just a stroll by the lake. Free Internet is a plus, and also you can have breakfast at the Cape May Cafe, with Disney's characters (Goofy, Donald Duck, Minnie). Of course, if you want to stay closer to International Drive and the Universal Studios parks, then this is not the hotel for you.

1  Thank felipejendiroba
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stayed here after attending a conference at Swan/Dolphin for 5 days.
We booked concierge level and were looking forward to the concierge service.
When we checked in, were waited at the front desk to get checked in, which was disappointing. Front desk was nice, but I expected the concierge perk having stayed there before.
Room was nice and in working order.
The concierge lounge was waaaay too crowded and was frustrating to find a place to sit when we went. Totally different from last time. Never received personalized service like last time. Saw the lady across the hall from me receive a special delivery from the general manager as a welcome back gift. It was a white chocolate mickey sent to her room. What a slap in the face to me......I mean, I returned for the 3rd time, guess that means nothing even though I spent over $700 per night for the room alone. (not on dining plan)
Pool was nice.
Movies on beach was fun.
Cape May Cafe dinner was excellent.
Probably will not stay concierge again at this property.....will go back to Grand Floridian or Boardwalk. You guys let me down.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Heard
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed at the Beach Club the second week in November. We are a family of 5 and found the room very comfortable and it provided enough room so we were not on top of each other. We have stayed at Port Orleans RS in the past and this room was much larger. We had a garden view room with a large balcony. The balcony was helpful by giving us some extra space.

Some highlights of the Resort:
- We were a 5 minute walk to Epcot and a short ride to Hollywood Studios. If you are a fan of Epcot this is a great spot.
- The pool was amazing. Perfect place for the kids to wind down after a day at the parks.
- Great character breakfast at Cape May Cafe.
- Easy to get a quick service meal at their Marketplace or the outside restaurant by the pool (Hurricane Hannah).
- Front Desk and concierge desk were helpful whenever we needed something.
- Beaches and Cream - great ice cream place. You have to visit if you are staying here.

Things to keep in mind:
- We arrived at 11am hoping to be able to get to our room early. No luck. I got a text around 2pm telling me my room was ready. If you are hoping to get early check in you may be out of luck. Not a big deal but worth pointing out.
- I recommend requesting a room close to the lobby. We were in the 4500 block of rooms so it was a decent walk to get over to the lobby for food or the pool. On the plus side we were closer to Epcot on the side of the building we were on. I would also recommend trying to get on lower floor. The resort is a little older and the elevators were slow. Again not a big deal but the wait time builds up over the week.
- No luck getting food before 7am. We are early birds so it would have been great to have a food option for 6am. We brought breakfast items for our room so it was not a big deal but keep it in mind in case you plan to get out to be at a park at 8am. It does not give you a lot of time to eat.
- Age of the resort. Before we booked i read a lot of reviews talking about how the resort needed updates and was worn out. I'm mixed on this. The rugs could use an update but our room was very clean and seemed to be up to date. I personally thought it was very nice and in good shape. Housekeeping was excellent.
- Bus service - hit and miss. We waited 3 minutes for a bus to Animal Kingdom but we waited 45 minutes for a bus to Magic Kingdom. I've never really had problems with bus service and I expect to wait a little but keep it in mind and just be mentally prepared to wait sometimes.

Other info:
- Epcot is a huge park. When we planned out the trip I figured i could walk through Epcot to the monorail and go to Magic Kingdom.This is not a great option unless you plan to spend time at Epcot first. The total trip time is about 2 hours to get over to MK this way.
- FP+ was pretty easy but expect a wait time if you are going to the parks in the morning. There is some confusion on how to use the wrist bands which causes backups. After you do it one or two times it becomes natural but it is a learning process.

Summary
We have stayed offsite, PORS, and All Star Resorts in the past. The Beach Club is by far the nicest place. I recommend it for anyone looking to be close to Epcot/HS/Boardwalk. It is great for families and people that appreciate spending time relaxing by the pool.

Room Tip: * Try to get close to the lobby. * Lower level floors are better. (Not a lot of stair options and elevators are slow) * Request a large balcony especially if you have 4 or 5 people in the room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank mikmcl
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We stayed at the Beach Club Nov. 2013 and had a wonderful stay. The property was very clean and the views from the beach at night were beautiful. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful . We had a problem with our bill from Cape May breakfast (extra charges and too many adult meals taken off for the disney dining plan) and the lady at the front desk fixed the issue immediately and apologized. We were able to watch Epcot fireworks from the beach/dock or boardwalk area. Boats to Epcot and Hollywood studios were convent and the 5 min walk to Epcot was a fantastic bonus. The pool was very nice. Our kids LOVED LOVED the sand bottom beach. Our room (3698) was quiet clean and comfortable with good lighting. I would definitely recommend Beach Club.

Room Tip: ask for a full balcony or ground floor room with patio as some rooms have only the juliette style balconies which are more decorative than functional. They also have rooms that accommodate 5...2 queen beds and a day bed. Rooms on the forest side have Epcot firework views.
1  Thank N B
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Well, the family and I are now back from our fourth Disney vacation. This trip was our best family vacation so far, but, I don't think Disney had anything to do with how good it was.
This hotel is worn out. As soon as we walked into our room, you can smell the mildew or mold. It was really bad. We are not complaint type people, so we sprayed some stuff and sucked it up. The room was big enough (little tiny bathroom). The dresser was falling apart so bad one drawer would not close unless you messed with it a bit. Others have mentioned paper thin walls. I agree on this. This hotel is very noisy. The leaf blower guy comes around 7:30 or 8 AM and thinks the leaf blower is a race car. I swear he loves his job. Then the guy comes with the towels on the towel train mobile that sounds just like a train clackity clack..... It was a small thing as we only think of our rooms at Disney as a place to keep bags and sleep, but kinda annoying on our stay at the hotel and swim day.
After staying at the Saratoga Springs Tree House villas, Caribbean Beach, cruising on the Disney Dream and now Beach Club.... I would say the Beach Club does not pull it's weight and actually could be a Disney trip killer for staying on site.
Also we had some observations about the staff and we hope it is only the time of year, but, we noticed a lot of the staff was less involved in the "Disney" way of treating people. Really, I think we saw maybe 10 or 15 cast members that acted like they cared about anyone or anything this trip VS the last two trips when the kids were treated very special and everyone sounded like they were in love with working at Disney.
Overall, we had a great trip. I think or hope we went at a bad time with a lot of people being trained and off season..
If you have the money to stay at this hotel at regular price, don't do it. Get two rooms at a moderate or go to Art of Animation. If you are getting a smoking deal, do it. This hotel was not better than Caribbean Beach for overall experience I can tell you that.
ALSO, big consideration. This hotel is not good for morning food unless you have the time and reservation at Cape Maye. The marketplace "quick service" is dog food at best. There are so many options at Disney, I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get some type of interior room. We liked having the balcony, but, it was so loud I don't think it out weighed the negs.
2  Thank Lovemytravels121