We have stayed at other Epcot resorts ( Yacht Club and Boardwalk) before; this was our first time at Beach Club.
Our rooms were very comfortable, quiet and clean with a nice balcony with chairs (looks like this is only available on the 2nd floor). We booked a Standard room and were very close to the small "quiet " (not very ) pool.
The Stormalong Bay pool complex is fantastic (shared with Yacht). Lazy river, sandy bar for kids, pool activities, water slide, hot tubs...it is big and busy but you can always find a place to feel somewhat more relaxed. I have a hard time staying anywhere else at Disney because of the pool and location. Access to the pool is a little confusing from Beach Club; it's easier from Yacht Club.
The resort sits on a "bay" surrounded by a boardwalk. The Boardwalk area has lots of dining options (sit-down and counter service) as well as street performers in the evening. This and the proximity to Epcot keep us coming back. We could be inside Epcot 5 minutes after leaving our hotel room! Very short walk. We frequently walked over to dine in the international areas and shop (Park Hopper tickets are a must if you want to do this...worth it!).
There is a small counter service option with some groceries available in the resort gift shop. The food is only so-so and the service could be more friendly. It is quite hectic in the AM but I never had to wait long for food. I frequented it multiple times a day to get breakfast, shop and get beverages in my refillable mug.
Self parking is fairly convenient, just a few minutes walk. Save the money and don't valet park! I never had trouble finding a space.
Downtown Disney is a short car ride (10 minutes door to door). The bus there can take quite a while; I recommend driving if possible, though parking can be challenging.
Buses to Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom come pretty frequently. It's about 20-30 minutes door to door to/from MK, about 15-20 to/from AK. You can take a boat to Hollywood Studios (takes about 10 minutes once it arrives; you may wait up to 10 minutes for it to come.). You can also walk to HS; takes about 15-20 minutes I would guess.
We didn't eat at any of the sit down restaurants in or near the resort except the little diner Beaches and Cream so can't comment. We did have a steak via room service that was reasonably priced ( for room service), delivered quickly, and very good.
The resort is definitely due a little refurbishment. The hallway carpets are looking worn, the bathroom tiles are not as sparkling as they could be, the door hinges are rusty, etc. None of this interfered with our enjoyment of the resort, however.
The lobby is nice but very loud in the AM and at dinner time due to access to the Cape May restaurant. I like sitting in the lobby with a book at times so this was a negative for me.(Yacht Club's lobby is quieter and the gift shop is nicer, but no counter service meal option there.)
I will keep coming back to the Epcot resorts. I give Yacht Club a very slight edge, but if you prefer the convenience of the counter service meals in the gift shop and the few minutes you will shave off your walk to Epcot, then Beach Club is a great choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the casual elegance of this charming, New England-style Resort hotel. Savor exquisite dining, and explore the pools, lagoons and spas of Stormalong Bay. Sail around Crescent Lake on a rented mini-powerboat, and experience the luxurious comfort of a Club Level Suite. Sharing many amenities with its more formal sister, Disney's Yacht Club Resort, Disney's Beach Club Resort is walking distance to Epcot and a convenient boat ride to Disney's Hollywood Studios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Travel Republic (UK), Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Beach Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Beach Club Hotel Orlando
- Disney Beach Club Resort
- Disney Beach Resort
- Beach Club Orlando
- Disneys Beach Hotel
- Disneys Beach Club Resort
- Disneys Beach Resort
- Disneys Yacht Beach Club Resort
- Disney's Beach Club Resort Orlando, Florida