Disney's Beach Club Resort is within easy walking distance of Epcot and a short boat ride and/or walk to Hollywood Studios. There is wonderful ambiance both inside and outside the hotel. Yes the rooms and décor are a bit dated but we already know the Beach Club is scheduled for a rehab probably starting later this year so big deal. The beds were comfortable, the room was quiet and the full balcony everything for which we could have asked.
We were lucky enough to be staying club level and the concierge and lounge staff were lovely. Always very personable and helpful. The concierge level also offers a free dining/snack room of sorts - where they serve continental breakfast (which was very filling), snacks, evening appetizers and hors d'oeuvres, desserts, liquors, wine, and beer. Unlike many who say they do not care about there room location as they do not plan to spend much time there, we find we use the room differently than many. Our modus operandi is to get up in the morning, grab breakfast and head to the parks. Lunch is usually something light at the parks or back at the hotel, with the afternoon spent around the pool or even napping (what!) So we did appreciate very much our lovely full balcony with its view over Stormalong Bay.
Speaking of the much talked about pool complex, Stormalong Bay does not disappoint. There is a pirate ship with a water slide and a marvelous shallow are for small children. The pool has two slides, the sandy play area, the volleyball net, the whirlpool, waterfalls, and the lazy river. They checked our magic bands upon entering the pool area which was comforting.
There are also a ton of dining options around the boardwalk area, Swan & Dolphin, Yacht and Beach Club and of course Epcot. We really loved the proximity of Epcot allowing us to take advantage of several dining options we had never been to before. We especially enjoyed the Chefs Du France Restaurant.
Overall it was a great experience with only a couple of small blips along the way. I would definitely stay at this hotel again after the rehab is completed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the casual elegance of this charming, New England-style Resort hotel. Savor exquisite dining, and explore the pools, lagoons and spas of Stormalong Bay. Sail around Crescent Lake on a rented mini-powerboat, and experience the luxurious comfort of a Club Level Suite. Sharing many amenities with its more formal sister, Disney's Yacht Club Resort, Disney's Beach Club Resort is walking distance to Epcot and a convenient boat ride to Disney's Hollywood Studios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Beach Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Beach Club Hotel Orlando
- Disney Beach Club Resort
- Disney Beach Resort
- Beach Club Orlando
- Disneys Beach Hotel
- Disneys Beach Club Resort
- Disneys Beach Resort
- Disneys Yacht Beach Club Resort
- Disney's Beach Club Resort Orlando, Florida