“Room was great, staff could have been less moody”

Parc Corniche Condominium Resort Hotel
Ranked #173 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Tampa
“Room was great, staff could have been less moody”
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I read the reviews after I had gotten a pretty good deal at work for this property, honestly I was a little scared. It was not nearly as bad as I've seen described but it could have been better. We got in at midnight after being at Disney all day and registered at the front desk. The girl could have been friendlier, whatever, it was midnight. She asked for a credit card to run the $25 deposit because she said the deposit might not go through on a debit card. Turns out she ran both. The outside of the condos leave something to be desired. The elevators are kind of shabby (we were in bldg 5). The room however was great, 2 bdrm 2 bath suite for a steal. Full kitchen, living and dining area, 3 flat screen TV's, ipod docks in all rooms. We spent a full day in the suite just recovering from Disney. I had no problem with the room. However, the general mood of the staff that I came into contact with was kind of sullen and the breakfast left a lot to be desired. No pancakes, meat, french toast, any of that. If you want the good stuff you have to pay for it at the Calypso Cafe next door or you could make it in your room. Overall I would give this an average rating for the double deposit snafu, sucky breakfast, and down in the mouth staff.

Room Tip: Bldg 5 faces a green area toward a golf course, felt a little more private
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank bullbunny20

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Grimes, Iowa, United States
Reviewed 26 May 2012

My parents invited us along for a great deal they got on a timeshare, we had wanted to take our daughters to Disney World so thought it would be perfect. From the moment we walked in we knew were in trouble! The place was disgusting! The floors had food smooshed into them, the cabinets in the kitchen were falling apart, the couch, chair, curtains, bedspreads all had huge rips in them! The bathrooms were beyond disgusting, so bad that at 5 months pregnant I refused to go to the bathroom there. My mom went to the front desk and requested a new room. The new room was considered a modern room, it was just as bad! The floor in my parents bathroom was coming up!! My 4 year old tripped on it!! The dishwasher ran for like 5 hours over and over and nothing was in it! The worst thing was that night while getting ready to lay down we pulled back the comforter and there was BLOOD on the blanket!!!! We called and got a new one, but that was the last straw. The next morning we went to take our showers, the shower moved you could literally rock the shower just standing in there! Also there was hair all over everything in the bathroom and it was not my hair! The tub backed up so bad while in the shower that we thought we might overflow the tub. The restaurant was disgusting!! We were all starving but none of us could even eat the food. We luckily got out of there first thing the next morning!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Jennifer D

Travellers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Hudson, Wisconsin
Reviewed 20 May 2012

My family and I (spouse, two teenage children) have been staying at the Parc Corniche on and off since 2002, for a total of 5 times. In fact, we are on our way back this Summer too.

You can't beat the price. We always stay in the 2 bedroom condo...full kitchen to fix dinner after that long day running around, 3 tvs to ensure everyone gets to watch what they want, WiFi--a must with two teenagers, confortable beds, great air conditioners, clean and a pool. The breakfast is just right....cereal, bagels, donuts, fruit, tea, coffee, and juice...a gret way to start the day. Location is prime, close to several restaurants, around the corner from Sea World (literally), close to International Drive and not far from Disney. Well worth the cost!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank ThefourMacs
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Located by a very nice looking golf course, it looks great from the outside. Once inside, we were faced with chairs that had been broken and glued (very badly) back together. The water coming out of the spout had so much chorline in it that it actually burned my throat. The non smoking room smelled like smoke. Did get a free breakfast which included coffee that tasted like chorline, juice that tasted like sugar and oatmeal that was very slimy.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank chumly22
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 8 May 2012

We went to Orlando for a three-day seminar and stayed four nights at the Parc Corniche. Our room was on the first floor in building 5. It was clean and well kept. One of bed lamps was not working properly and we notified the front desk after having breakfast. My wife left something at the apartment and for her surprise, the lamp was being repaired when she arrived, five minutes later. Yes, you can stay at a Hilton, Marriott, or any other place. But if what if what you are looking for is value, the Parc Corniche in Orlando is a great option. And its location in International Drive is excellent. We were 5 minutes away from the hotel where my seminar took place and those staying at that hotel were paying a discounted price of $195 per night for a room.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank GMS721
Davie, Florida
Reviewed 1 May 2012

This is the second time we stay in this property. Staff is very attentive. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Great value for the money.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank lxd0yo4
Colorado
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I have stayed at a lot of condominium properties in the Orlando area, and have had great experiences at all of them. Unfortunately my string ended at the Parc Corniche. This was truly an experience of getting what you pay for. Not horrible, but if a dated and heavily used property concerns you, stay far away from this resort.

The rooms and decorating were dark, and the actual size of the condo was much smaller than I have experienced in other properties. Carpet (heck, everything) was extremely worn, marked up, stained, etc.

Not necessarily unclean, but to be honest so worn it was hard to tell. I was in I was amazed someone had not invested in replacing the carpet in the unit I was in. And I was told it was recently refurbished (which apparently means the TV was upgraded - and it was very nice, and the room seemed to have new trim). The carpet was so heavily stained I couldn't imagine a heavy carpet cleaning might not at least get some of it out.

Pluses: Location
Minuses: Worn, worn worn. Smaller than many hotel rooms these days.

For the first time, I was jealous of friends who stayed at a nearby Hotel. And for the first time, I did not show off my accommodations, which usually involves rubbing in how much more space I got at a cheaper cost by renting a condo.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family